Surprise everyone !!!

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest RedSlug

(Via Stephen on Twitter)

#dellstreak #froyo (vanilla) very very possibly coming soon ive had a bit of a breakthrough....

Edited by RedSlug

Guest digthemlows

Also "Any users who know what their doing want to test this froyo build head to the irc room #dellstreak on freenode.....

that aint me, but I'm getting excited!!

Guest parks387

Few bugs I noticed on 2.2

streak would not boot while charging

screen does the same thng as 2.1 did where the screen does not fully shut off

when unlocking from sleep part or all of the screen is blurred out until the unlock slider it pressed

also, while phone is locked if you press power button to pull up screen with slider, pressing the camera button automatically unlocks the screen

Guest jamezwarner

So close being able to try this - Will hold out for phone functionality first though as it's my only phone!

Will it be possible to get the "black" theme back to the android UI? I definately prefer that...

James

Guest mzsigler

Have you looked at the segmented notification bar code at all? I actually think it works really well, if it's not a huge pain in the ass I'll try to port it back in.

Guest Amdathlonuk
Have you looked at the segmented notification bar code at all? I actually think it works really well, if it's not a huge pain in the ass I'll try to port it back in.

+1 to this, I think it is a much better option than the standard bar.

I like the fact you can select alarms, wifi....etc.

Guest zoidster

Personally I can't believe people are asking for the Dell Notification bar !!

I don't want to think about the things I'd be prepared to do to get rid of it and have a Vanilla experience :)

Each to their own I suppose !

Guest jamezwarner
Personally I can't believe people are asking for the Dell Notification bar !!

I don't want to think about the things I'd be prepared to do to get rid of it and have a Vanilla experience :)

Each to their own I suppose !

Having experience with both, this part is actually one dell got right - I despise the pull down notifications, such a pain to try and grab it!

Having experience with both, this part is actually one dell got right - I despise the pull down notifications, such a pain to try and grab it!

Quite true. But wish they made better use of so much wasted space in the portrait mode . The notifications tend to clump together and just gives the number of notifications

Guest Alkiera
Steve, what's the current status of cell functionality? I saw mentioned somewhere it was only down to a baseband update?

According to the last post of his on mydellmini.com, it sounded like he had some fixes for the baseband stuff on his Streak, but they weren't a part of the img files that were up on the web... And that he was working on building the new stuff into the update process so it all works. Whether that means we'll end up with an update.pkg, or still flashing roms, or what, I don't know... but it definitely read like he had a fix.