Surprise everyone !!!

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest vinokirk
alex winter just announced a third bill and ted movie.

WTF!!!! I'm gonna look into that :-)

I can only presume your gonna be seeing the re-release of Back to the Future next month :lol:

Guest CharlieBareham

This is great news! I use my phone almost constantly, so as long as I had calls/texts and music working I'd be testing it constantly (such as when I am at work) if you want to look for beta.

This is great news! I use my phone almost constantly, so as long as I had calls/texts and music working I'd be testing it constantly (such as when I am at work) if you want to look for beta.

I think there's still quite a bit of hacking to be done... that screenshot only shows 2.6.29 kernel still and Froyo normally runs on .32

We might still have to wait for Dell's Froyo code drop before any proper ROMs can be cooked :lol:

Guest rahulkadukar

The best news I have heard in a long time, I recently got my streak unlocked from AT&T and now this, things could not get better.

WAIT : They did get better, we now have a cyanogen mod coming for the Streak :lol:

yes kernel .29 but dells kernel has alot of further edits above 29 level so its not actually that bad.. yes display is flapped wrong but for now it is ok

Steve i know you can't work mirickales but when can we get a beta roughly? And if i am on pauls r2 i have custom recovery installed is is as simple as drop your update zip on root and get into custom recovery update with option2 and just sit back and relax.Also my main concearn would be battery life at the moment 2.1 is crap i found 1.6 much better for battrey life so i hope you can achieve the same or better if you need a beta tester count me in.

Edited by jutley

Cant comment yet on eta but ive got weekend off so hopefully progress.. ive never had so many twitter followers in 8hours as last night

Well that would be dell streak +cynogen rom 2.2 froyo = instant hardon that would explain the fluxuation in twitter followers :lol:

Edited by jutley

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok back to work for me :lol: anyone got enough skills to be able to work out what files are required to get 3d going (ie what files other than the /system/lib/egl files are needed)

Guest chopper70

Superb work Mr Hyde. I'm looking forward to flashing a bona fida Cyanogen rom to my streak. Keep up the good work.

PS Is this rom gonna be vanilla based or maybe have sense?

Guest parks387

I currently have 2 beta streaks from Dell, one that I pretty much take everywhere that has wifi, the other is still on 1.6 and I don't use it. If you have a beta available that doesnt have 3G/BT/cam I would love to test for you.

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok bit stuck at moment, cant use eclair ril library as its built for eclairs libs not froyos so wont work, so rirtsly wondering if anyone fancys trying to find libril-qc-1.so from a froyo rom and ill give it a go (not the pulse have tried that).

secondly wifi doesnt work as it cant seem to retrieve a mac address, suspect this may be linked to the fact the dell kernel is actually incomplete and missing oem files - looking further at this tomorrow.- if anyone fancys having a shout at dell as to why they removed some critical files from kernel source feel free :lol:

as for removing the 30fps limit ive made no progress here as im not entirely certain what the cause of it is. if ANYONE can find info on how the evo devs fixed it id appreciate it because i cant find any actual tech info on how.

cheers

donate links added to my sig

Edited by Stephen Hyde

ok bit stuck at moment, cant use eclair ril library as its built for eclairs libs not froyos so wont work, so rirtsly wondering if anyone fancys trying to find libril-qc-1.so from a froyo rom and ill give it a go (not the pulse have tried that).

secondly wifi doesnt work as it cant seem to retrieve a mac address, suspect this may be linked to the fact the dell kernel is actually incomplete and missing oem files - looking further at this tomorrow.- if anyone fancys having a shout at dell as to why they removed some critical files from kernel source feel free :lol:

as for removing the 30fps limit ive made no progress here as im not entirely certain what the cause of it is. if ANYONE can find info on how the evo devs fixed it id appreciate it because i cant find any actual tech info on how.

cheers

donate links added to my sig

Interesting... do you think this Dell code drop is incomplete and still a GPL violation?

Guest Stephen Hyde

im not entirely sure but i do know that without edits the actual source wont build due to missing files and fixed references to includes (ie: include "../../../../../../android/kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/proc-comm.h"

im not entirely sure but i do know that without edits the actual source wont build due to missing files and fixed references to includes (ie: include "../../../../../../android/kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/proc-comm.h"

Is there any chance of getting the missing code from perhaps a Desire or Xperia X10 source drop? I know it's the same chipset anyhow. Sorry but I don't know where to get those at the moment... will be poking and looking though.