Surprise everyone !!!

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stephen Hyde

we are but the radio library wont work on 2.2 at this time and ive not found a matching version from another device that works yet - so 2.1 is a stopgap and gets rid of dells crap

Guest MrPokeylope

badword sake... cowballz, jutley... stop asking ANYTHING on these boards. you always ask the same stuff.

The 30fps limit is there. LIVE WITH IT. And beta testers aren't gonna be needed. Steve has a circle of friends he trusts for those purposes.

You were warned on XDA I'm sure.

Guest vinokirk
well the source builds now after fxing the 3 dumb hard refs in includes :lol: working on getting a working 2.1 vanilla built going now B)

I would also love a vanilla 2.1, id even go for a rum&raisin if youve got it! Would everything work? Gps, 3g, SD etc?

No need to be so negative MRPokeylope we were just trying to be helpfull i dont like the way you spoke there sorry but i dont take crap from anyone i dont think i was asking for too much.

ok current status on my 2.1

boot: works

network/ril: works

data : works

touch: works

3d gfx: works

fixing the rest as i type

great progress when i wake up in the morning i think i might just get to flash your vanilla before i get out to work :lol: all that dell crap out the window and stock android 2.1 no need for adw.

Guest cowballz
badword sake... cowballz, jutley... stop asking ANYTHING on these boards. you always ask the same stuff.

The 30fps limit is there. LIVE WITH IT. And beta testers aren't gonna be needed. Steve has a circle of friends he trusts for those purposes.

You were warned on XDA I'm sure.

What the hell?? I never asked to be beta tester, i was never warned on xda about any of my posts either?? if u read my post on xda i give people a understanding of the problem with videos aswell and alot of people didnt even know about it till i posted it just look at how many views it recieved, this is the first time i even sayed anything about 30fps issue on this post?? Thats great for the circle of friends ???

What the hell?? I never asked to be beta tester, i was never warned on xda about any of my posts either?? if u read my post on xda i give people a understanding of the problem with videos aswell and alot of people didnt even know about it till i posted it just look at how many views it recieved, this is the first time i even sayed anything about 30fps issue on this post?? Thats great for the circle of friends ???

Dont worry cowballz he was way out of line and he knows it shake it off keep concentrated on topic cynogen here we come.

Guest MrPokeylope
Dont worry cowballz he was way out of line and he knows it shake it off keep concentrated on topic cynogen here we come.

I'm just trying to scare off the constant "can i beta test... or what about 30fps..." posts that keep appearing.

I was out of line in my tone, and I apologise. I won't edit, because i screwed up.

Just please, be patient. I've been involved in videogame translation before, and got all this CONSTANTLY. It distracts and irritates.

Steven is working hard. The fps cap is something I'm sure intrigues him, but he's said tons of times He has no idea how they achieved the uncapping on the other phones.

Betas are a very difficult thing to do. Nobody in their right mind would unleash that sortof thing in an experimental form to joe public, because ALWAYS it comes back and bites them on the ass.

Every nice thing you do for someone will result in that minority of people who will threaten you, slander you, and badger you for supposedly bricking or breaking their device.

Just wait for news.

to throw mud on the fire I do think I've found how they removed the 30fps cap, and when I get valid kernels booting I'll start to play with it.

There's nothing stopping us all working on different issues and pooling information when (if) we get it working, that's what opensource is about

Guest cowballz

ahh no worries thanks!! Cant wait to donate to the cause when i get paid, i was going to send the streak back if it wasen't for steve,

Hope everyone is all nicey nicey again now, :-)

I must admit though, people getting obsessed with 30FPS is kinda silly when other more vital things don't work. Lets get it stable first :-)

Pity I have to go to bed. I can't wait for updates :-)

Guest maskaler

Regarding the FPS cap, all I can do to help is point you towards this post I made, specifically my response to fards where I mention a link to the original articles I'd read about the Evo.

It seems only certain hardware is able to have the FPS cap removed, so it might just be we're either lucky or unlucky.

Sorry I can't be of any more help. Suffice to say I support all the work and effort you guys are putting in though :lol:

Guest cowballz
I'm just trying to scare off the constant "can i beta test... or what about 30fps..." posts that keep appearing.

I was out of line in my tone, and I apologise. I won't edit, because i screwed up.

Just please, be patient. I've been involved in videogame translation before, and got all this CONSTANTLY. It distracts and irritates.

Steven is working hard. The fps cap is something I'm sure intrigues him, but he's said tons of times He has no idea how they achieved the uncapping on the other phones.

Betas are a very difficult thing to do. Nobody in their right mind would unleash that sortof thing in an experimental form to joe public, because ALWAYS it comes back and bites them on the ass.

Every nice thing you do for someone will result in that minority of people who will threaten you, slander you, and badger you for supposedly bricking or breaking their device.

Just wait for news.

Yea thats why the geohotz from blackra1n quit, people expecting , badgering and he got tired of the whining scene and quit, but were all cool here , i also posted something in xda on how to use 480x800 wallpaper on 160dpi with out cropping if anyone intrested can try it out to see if it works for them, lots of NON live wallpapers that look great on the streak expecially the ubuntu ones in the market