Surprise everyone !!!

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest 323spoon

hmm... have you tried the 2.2 yet Spences? ive flashed it via your fastboot commands, its boots as far as the dell logo and then the normal "android" logo that shines and thats it. I left it 20 mins and didnt get any farer so tried it all again from the start and im still getting the same.

any ideas spences or steve? or anyone else for that matter

Edited by 323spoon

Guest PaulVlagsma

My post #200 was with 2.2.

Do

# adb shell

# cd /data

# rm -r *

before reboot.

(fastboot erase data does NOT work - sorry it was late at night)

Use logcat to see what's happening,

reboot a couple of times.

Edited by PaulVlagsma

Guest spences10
My post #200 was with 2.2.

Add

fastboot -i 0x413c erase data

before reboot.

Use logcat to see what's happening,

reboot a couple of times.

Awesome, congratulations PaulVlagsma!!

I will be trying this when I get home from work.

Everyone else trying this> take a look at PaulVlagsma notes

Froyo is on the Streak - umm - qsd8250_surf

Used spences10's 'fastboot' method post #184

plus

with the 2.2/boot.img and builds/system.img, post #157

booted a couple of times, and now it works.

I had to chmod 644 /etc/dbus.conf, because I was getting

W/libdbus ( 1474): Failed to start message bus: Failed to open "/etc/dbus.conf": Permission denied

*) Also I only have portrait mode, with the top near the 3 led's.

*) Phone works, I can hear on the Streak, but microphone is not working. No data.

Incoming calls - does not ring - can be picked up - again no mic.

*) Linpack 33.175

Great stuff, Stephen.

Edited by spences10

Just got 2.2 up and running too, it took me a few attempts, so I'll summarise where I went wrong which will hopefully help others that are stuck.

I was running on a build 8105 before I started, not rooted.

First attempt at installation using fastboot got me stuck at the logo. I tried "fastboot -i 0x413c erase data" which did nothing - files were still showing in File Explorer.

Next attempt was to root using Superboot then erase data through fastboot again - files were still showing so gave up on the fastboot erase data idea.

Next attempt:

adb shell

cd /data

rm -r *

That seemed to reduce errors in LogCat, but was getting dbus errors so:

adb shell

cd /etc

chmod 777 dbus.conf

And I was in!

First successful boot, only part of the screen was showing, so couldn't unlock. Powered off, stuck my SIM card in and rebooted and it fired up the setup wizard which eventually got me in. Just taken the SIM card back out, rebooted, and get the unlock slider showing as expected.

So far all I've tested is installing my own app (which loaded fine), and a test phonecall (sound via speaker on the back, no mic etc).

Thanks to Stephen Hyde and all the other suggestions :lol: Hopefully I'll be able to make myself useful at some point too!

Guest Stephen Hyde
Froyo is on the Streak - umm - qsd8250_surf

Used spences10's 'fastboot' method post #184

plus

with the 2.2/boot.img and builds/system.img, post #157

booted a couple of times, and now it works.

I had to chmod 644 /etc/dbus.conf, because I was getting

W/libdbus ( 1474): Failed to start message bus: Failed to open "/etc/dbus.conf": Permission denied

*) Also I only have portrait mode, with the top near the 3 led's.

*) Phone works, I can hear on the Streak, but microphone is not working. No data.

Incoming calls - does not ring - can be picked up - again no mic.

*) Linpack 33.175

Great stuff, Stephen.

now thats what i call a decent bug/test report :lol: mic is probably just an issue with audio related, the audio support is a bit unstable currently.

Guest 323spoon

i tried your method PaulVlagsma but i now get even less far than i did before. i'm only getting to the dell logo now. i dont know how do do logcat, can someone talk me through it? if not i'll just go back to 2.1 for a while.

i tried your method PaulVlagsma but i now get even less far than i did before. i'm only getting to the dell logo now. i dont know how do do logcat, can someone talk me through it? if not i'll just go back to 2.1 for a while.

Did that method actually delete the files in /data? It didn't for me, so I did it manually through adb shell.

Guest Tacoman667
it should do it provided innersd is mounted on /data as it should be

You are working on the .29 kernel but I see someone else working on a .35 version. Would that fix some of these issues you are having getting things to work?

it should do it provided innersd is mounted on /data as it should be

I think we may have crossed wires here - your method works (cd /data, rm -r *), but fastboot -i 0x413c erase data doesn't do anything (which is what I think you said in the first place - fastboot doesn't erase the inner sd card).

Guest Stephen Hyde

im not sure ram is properly sorted yet in kernel - tweaks likely needed : i get this in 2.2

busybox free
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 292828 289716 3112 0 1880
Swap: 0 0 0
Total: 292828 289716 3112[/code]

can a mod please tidy this thread up and put the download links on the first page and maybe steve can have a progress section on the first page too makes it alot easier and searching around thanks.

Guest 323spoon
Next attempt:

adb shell

cd /data

rm -r *

That seemed to reduce errors in LogCat, but was getting dbus errors so:

adb shell

cd /etc

chmod 777 dbus.conf

And I was in!

I cant get my Streak past the Dell logo. I can get down as far as "chmod 777 dbus.conf" but from that i get "unable to chmod dbus.conf: Operation not permitted"

Any ideas?