[FRAMEWORK] Oxy Bubbles II - R9 based / smooth sense based

Guest FatherD

Guest Elbereth

Installed this yesterday. Works fine and I like it (actually I find it even better than the colored icons + circle battery I was using before). :)

Thanks!

Guest FatherD
Installed this yesterday. Works fine and I like it (actually I find it even better than the colored icons + circle battery I was using before). :)

Thanks!

My pleasure, glad you like it ;)

I am soon to post up an all gold version also.

Enjoy!

Guest InspectorFrost

Hi FatherD

Question please

Is it at all possible for me to open up your original oxybubble for r9 and edit (i presume png?) files to make the black bar 75/80% transparent ?

im guessing that all the icons have some sort of black border to, so maybe edit them also?

once this is done could i zip it back together and expect it to work ?

or is this an over simplistic view on how it all works ??

lovin the Oxy tast on my phone, looks fab with a black wallpaper but the black bar sometimes doesnt sit well with a coloured wallpaper.

lookforward to the Dons answer

Cheers Guv

Frosty

Guest David_P

Hi FatherD,

I hope you don't mind but I have taken your fantastic work with OxyBubbles 2 and merged it with a MOD furniel was kind enough to help me with. Basically I have used a transparent notification background PNG in conjunction with an edited services.jar (to make the notification semi transparent) and merged this in to your OxyBubbles2 theme.

I hope y'all like it :-)

David P

OxyBubblesII_R9_transparent_notification.zip

post-695212-1286374256_thumb.png

Edited by David_P

Guest InspectorFrost
Hi FatherD,

I hope you don't mind but I have taken your fantastic work with OxyBubbles 2 and merged it with a MOD furniel was kind enough to help me with. Basically I have used a transparent notification background PNG in conjunction with an edited services.jar (to make the notification semi transparent) and merged this in to your OxyBubbles2 theme.

David P

Love it...its just what ive been TRYING!!! to do.....did you have to edit a .Jar for the transparency to work?

I found i could edit the png's ok but they just showed up gray rather than transparent.

also, if you did edit a jar for transparency to work, does that mean i can now just edit a png for a clear notification bar ?

cheers

Guest FatherD
Hi FatherD,

David P

Nice work David .. looks very cool :)

Guest David_P
Love it...its just what ive been TRYING!!! to do.....did you have to edit a .Jar for the transparency to work?

I found i could edit the png's ok but they just showed up gray rather than transparent.

also, if you did edit a jar for transparency to work, does that mean i can now just edit a png for a clear notification bar ?

cheers

As I said in my post, I just re-packaged this! I found the transparent background and extracted from another MOD, I was lucky enough to have furniel (another user on this forum) edit the services.jar for me and I just replaced FatherD's background and repackaged both the services.jar and the framework-res.apk in to a signed update zip.

I cannot really take any credit, I am just mixing and matching :-)

David P

Guest InspectorFrost
As I said in my post, I just re-packaged this! I found the transparent background and extracted from another MOD, I was lucky enough to have furniel (another user on this forum) edit the services.jar for me and I just replaced FatherD's background and repackaged both the services.jar and the framework-res.apk in to a signed update zip.

I cannot really take any credit, I am just mixing and matching :-)

David P

Hi, I lifted a transparent bar from a theme and put it in the. Zip

Boots fine and works fine on the lock screen but when I unlock the phone the transparent bar just looks black on my wall paper, all the icons display correctly but it's like there's no wallpaper displaying under its! Any ideas?

Is it just the status bar background I need to edit or did I miss one or more??

Cheers then

Guest David_P
Hi, I lifted a transparent bar from a theme and put it in the. Zip

Boots fine and works fine on the lock screen but when I unlock the phone the transparent bar just looks black on my wall paper, all the icons display correctly but it's like there's no wallpaper displaying under its! Any ideas?

Is it just the status bar background I need to edit or did I miss one or more??

Cheers then

Afraid I can't answer that. I do know that for the notification background, the transparency was set within the services.jar (the level of transparency) and having a fully transparent png background pic was just a means of seeing that. Not sure if the lock screen works the same way, you'd need a real developer to answer that one.

I would say maybe pm furniel and see if you get the know how. I recall i was told a hex code to look for as at the time I was thinking of doing the same to the app drawer background, but I decided that would be too jumbled based on the ammount of stuff I have on my desktop as well.

Good luck

David P

Guest InspectorFrost
Afraid I can't answer that. I do know that for the notification background, the transparency was set within the services.jar (the level of transparency) and having a fully transparent png background pic was just a means of seeing that. Not sure if the lock screen works the same way, you'd need a real developer to answer that one.

I would say maybe pm furniel and see if you get the know how. I recall i was told a hex code to look for as at the time I was thinking of doing the same to the app drawer background, but I decided that would be too jumbled based on the ammount of stuff I have on my desktop as well.

Good luck

David P

Thanks for the time to answer, appreciated

Guest InspectorFrost
Thanks for the time to answer, appreciated

Actually, ive discovered that it works properly on the native Android launcher but only displays properly on the lock screen when using ADW or Launcher Pro....Most odd !

Guest BashyUK
Hi FatherD,

David P

Hi, do I need to install both the original zip and yours or just yours?

Guest David_P
Hi, do I need to install both the original zip and yours or just yours?

Hi BashyUK,

If you want to have the transparent notification background use just mine, if you want FatherD's original use his. Both will update all that is required and DO NOT need to be added upon.

David P

Guest InspectorFrost

Hi

I feel like a bit of a dumb arse......the transparent bar i dumped in to FatherD's quality Oxybar worked fine

I just hadnt realized i need to uncheck wallpaper hack in adw settings......CHUMP!

still, it only cost me baking and installing a new rom (just in case the old one was buggered) and virtually a full batteries charge with all my blind fumbling!!!

still, works now....im very happy

Learn something new each day!!

(Pfft....Pagers were never this tricky!!!)

Guest David_P
Hi

I feel like a bit of a dumb arse......the transparent bar i dumped in to FatherD's quality Oxybar worked fine

I just hadnt realized i need to uncheck wallpaper hack in adw settings......CHUMP!

still, it only cost me baking and installing a new rom (just in case the old one was buggered) and virtually a full batteries charge with all my blind fumbling!!!

still, works now....im very happy

Learn something new each day!!

(Pfft....Pagers were never this tricky!!!)

Can you post a screenshot Inspector??

David P

Guest InspectorFrost
Can you post a screenshot Inspector??

David P

Hey David

Here you go....still have a slightly unorganised desktop but at least you can see the bar....i might go transparent crazy now i know how to do it and maybe reduce the opacity of the top bar of the notification shade (there are 2 or 3 status icons that still have a dark background that need to be sorted but was pleasantly surprised that most of the other stuff had a clear backing

Just wondering if there is a nice way to soften off the white notification box in pic 3 without it looking to weird

post-739106-1286448792_thumb.pngpost-739106-1286448804_thumb.pngpost-739106-1286448817_thumb.png

Guest navodwickra
Hi BashyUK,

If you want to have the transparent notification background use just mine, if you want FatherD's original use his. Both will update all that is required and DO NOT need to be added upon.

David P

Thanks FatherD and David this is gr8 I am using the transparent one and I love it. :)

Guest David_P
Hey David

Here you go....still have a slightly unorganised desktop but at least you can see the bar....i might go transparent crazy now i know how to do it and maybe reduce the opacity of the top bar of the notification shade (there are 2 or 3 status icons that still have a dark background that need to be sorted but was pleasantly surprised that most of the other stuff had a clear backing

Just wondering if there is a nice way to soften off the white notification box in pic 3 without it looking to weird

post-739106-1286448792_thumb.pngpost-739106-1286448804_thumb.pngpost-739106-1286448817_thumb.png

That does look great Frosty,

Was it just the notification bar png that you replaced with a graduated semi transparent one? If so, please do post up the PNG or the full zip and we can maybe provide an "updated Transparent OxyBubbles II - R8/R9 Update.zip" file :-)

David P

Guest BashyUK
p.s. what's that app in the notification drop down in PIC 3 ?

JuiceDefender is the app, the first one I ever installed and bought!

That looks v nice, I have SKY which is similar but hey, it's been oooh must be a week, time for a change :)

Btw, is it the gold version if I use yours David_P? And i have Alex-V 1.7 but as it's Sense based am sure it will be compatible...

Edited by BashyUK