06/Dec v27 (2.1/2.2): HTC_IME mod by jonasl repacked for the Blade

Guest PaulOBrien

Love the keyboard but why when I try and enter a password is the space bar replaced by an underscrore? Really annoying when you need to put spaces in, any way I can change this?

Guest AndyHibberd

Nice keyboard, loads of options which are good however...

I have turned on prediction but it only seems to complete words rather than offer a "next word" suggestion.

Is this what it means by prediction?

I thought it would have a swiftkey style popup of possible next words...

Andy

Please someone...

When I try and enter a password or when I click in certain other input boxes the space bar gets replaced by an underscrore. Really annoying when you need to put spaces in, how can I change this?

Edited by Sere83

Sorry - no idea. I went back to Swype after 30 mins - for me it's much faster, and more reliable to boot.

Please someone...

When I try and enter a password or when I click in certain other input boxes the space bar gets replaced by an underscrore. Really annoying when you need to put spaces in, how can I change this?

This keyboard could change the whole user experience for me on the Blade, it's brilliant!

If it weren't for ONE thing, there seems to be something wrong with the user dictionary. It keeps resetting to some kind of default state! Doesn't matter that I remove the words that it starts with and add some new. After a while, it removes my added words and puts back the default words.

Anybody else who have experienced this?

The keyboard is wonderful, but not much use to me if I can't put in my own custom words in the dictionary. Is it cause I've set the language to Swedish? Would appreciate any help. Liked the keyboard so much and want it to work so much that it made sign up on modaco. Great forum btw!

Guest JolyonS

I quite like this keyboard (and totally appreciate the effort that went into providing it) but I prefer the Touchpal 'slide up to capitalise, down to punctuate' idea.

Some combination of those two plus Swype is going to end up being my ideal when an interface genius gets round to perfecting this sort of thing.

Guest lazyliam

Hmmm, I cannot seem to get this keyboard working.

I have upograded the voice app to 1.50

Installed the 2 apk files in the attachment.

Enabled the HTC keyboard in settings.

I can select the keyboard within the text application BUT the keyboard does not display. Any ideas? my bad for double post

Guest AndyHibberd

If you like sliding up to capitalize then do the same on Swype. Just slide from whatever letter you want capitalised all the way up and off the keyboard, then back down to the next letter. You can do this midword for things like heLLo.

Also for punctuation you don't need to hold a key down, just swipe from the key with the fullstop straight to the space then release, voila you get ". "

Def worth watching their youtube instructional videos. However I can't get hopping to work...

Swype is prob my fave keyboard, partly cos you can use it semi-blind.

Andy

Guest JolyonS
If you like sliding up to capitalize then do the same on Swype. Just slide from whatever letter you want capitalised all the way up and off the keyboard, then back down to the next letter.

Cool, ta.

I don't actually have Swype on my Blade - have just played with it on a colleague's phone.

Guest tyrol_gangster

Hello first of all thanks a lot for this mod. I have a big problem though the settings reset when I turn the phone off and back on. Need to import them from the .txt every time also that says to kill the app but when I do that using the menu setting its all reset again straight away :-( what am I missing please??

Guest mattlcfc

hi all names matt and very new to android

been playing with my sf and updated to 2.2 then back untill the workarounds where sorted had a good play and loved the keyboard update BUT cant get it to work on 2.2 but had it running on 2.1 ?? i installed the new repaked version but no go it is ticked in setings but no show;-(

a big pat on the back for the devs on here and if i can borrow some braincells i will try and add to the good work

Edited by mattlcfc

This mod makes all the difference and is fantastic, much like everyone else says.

But...

Am I the only one though whose custom words aren't saved to the user dictionary even when it always says they are?

Guest mattlcfc
hi all names matt and very new to android

been playing with my sf and updated to 2.2 then back untill the workarounds where sorted had a good play and loved the keyboard update BUT cant get it to work on 2.2 but had it running on 2.1 ?? i installed the new repaked version but no go it is ticked in setings but no show;-(

a big pat on the back for the devs on here and if i can borrow some braincells i will try and add to the good work

hhhhhhhhhhelp still cant get it to run on 2.2 !!!!!!!! anyone had it working yet???? :) :( :)