Post your Home screen!

Guest Spooke

Guest Gnitrops
you can do it by using an app called

multi-picture live wallpaper free on market

Olny that it lags the phone a bit and the images aren't very well cropped. I'd like to use the black background + desktop visualizer thing, but it ain't fitting very well either :\

Guest animous
as soon as I can get rid of the banding in the gradient, which is driving me nuts (any tips from the pros on how to do this are more than welcome).

Replying to myself here to share my findings.

Short version:

The work around to no banding is to use the app Wallpaper Set and Save to set the wallpaper.

It seems that the stock wallpaper setter doesn't use original images as-is. It makes a temp copy which it compresses and does other nasty things to before setting it as wallpaper.

Long version:

Initially I thought the problem was my image, because the banding was visible when setting the wallpaper in LauncherPro or the stock launcher, when setting it using Gallery or Astro and when viewing the image in Gallery, Image Viewer or Astro (in landscape mode). I tried all sorts of things to get rid of the banding, including stuff like How To Correct Banding In Your Gradients Using Photoshop. After much googling, I stumbled upon someone who said there was no banding if they used the app Wallpaper Set and Save to set their wallpaper. I tried it and lo and behold, my wallpaper was set with a perfect gradient. Conclusion: it seems that the stock wallpaper setter doesn't use original images as-is. It makes a temp copy which it compresses and does other nasty things to before setting it as wallpaper. I suppose the mechanism for setting images from the built-in "Wallpapers" or "Wallpaper Gallery" is different, because they contain images with gradients which display fine.

Olny that it lags the phone a bit and the images aren't very well cropped. I'd like to use the black background + desktop visualizer thing, but it ain't fitting very well either :\

I uploaded some i made in a previous post, just copy their sizes as they fit.

Heres my latest home setup.

v5kwe.png

Yeah, I like scarlett johansson at the moment.

Widget locker mod with power amp, sms unread count and minimalistic text/fancy widget with miui skin, modded analog clock, sms unread count, minimalistic text, widgetoid/poweramp, desktop visualizer icons/transparent facebookmod, minimalistic text, one seven/atoma RSS.

Multipicture live wallpaper for multiple walls and ADW EX launcher

Edit: just saw the posts about the gradient on wallpapers, make sure you save the images as .PNG's and put them in a folder called wallpapers. You can also edit JPEG's with photoshop and save them with reduced graident settings.

Edited by taine0

Guest Gnitrops
I uploaded some i made in a previous post, just copy their sizes as they fit.

Heres my latest home setup.

v5kwe.png

Yeah, I like scarlett johansson at the moment.

Widget locker mod with power amp, sms unread count and minimalistic text/fancy widget with miui skin, modded analog clock, sms unread count, minimalistic text, widgetoid/poweramp, desktop visualizer icons/transparent facebookmod, minimalistic text, one seven/atoma RSS.

Multipicture live wallpaper for multiple walls and ADW EX launcher

Edit: just saw the posts about the gradient on wallpapers, make sure you save the images as .PNG's and put them in a folder called wallpapers. You can also edit JPEG's with photoshop and save them with reduced graident settings.

Thanks again taine0, I will give it a shot soon.

You removed your "applications" screen?

Thanks again taine0, I will give it a shot soon.

You removed your "applications" screen?

I stll have it, but thinking of removing it. With ADW EX letting you make your own app drawer folder, it kinda makes having an application page pointless. But it looks exactly the same, so no point posting it again.

Also, just a bit of info. I found that multipicture live wallpaper runs more smoothly than using desktop visualizer to mark each page, plus it looks so good with the fade effect. Which is the main reason I went back to it.

My latest theme, more of the icon as wallpaper.

zFoPr.png

I'll just go into a little detail about the widgets used and stuff.

lockscreen: Widget locker, poweramp, sms unreadcount

Home page: modded analog clock, desktop visualizer for the icons, fancy widget and weather with miui skins, minimalistic text, widgetoid and switcherpro.

atoma RSS reader

The background is just a black image, so all the tags are done with desktop visualizer. Still need to finish media and social pages (need to download a facebook app to use with ADW EX)

Might upload theme when i get chance, have to make some other icons first, though!

Good job! Thanks for sharing your work with us, it really looks amazing! ;)

I was woundering if you could post the wallpaper used for the Application-screen (why not all of them? ;) ), it really looks awsome. Do you use MultiPicture Live Wallpaper or how do you get multiple wallpapers?

Also I was woundering where you got those big icons used on the Application-screen (they are bigger than default, right?).

Once again, great job! :D

Here's my homescreen as of yesterday. I've changed it since.

Yeah, I know, no Desktop Visualiser stuff - but you can get a glimpse into what music I listen to so that doesn't matter. XD

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=69324

The wallpaper, as ever, is from our good friend Zedge. And I've just realised that the middle screenshot has a different app drawer icon to the rest. Silly me. ;)

I guarantee that it'll be changed yet again at some point!

post-820159-1296322136_thumb.png

Edited by phlum

Guest That-Guy

Thought I would re-post mine as I have now changed pretty much everything:

Blade_Screenshot.png

What I am using & Download Links:

- Base: Seb's 2.2 Froyo + Fixes - Download

- Theme: Gingerbread Theme - Download

- Wallpaper: Tiles Wallpaper - Download

- Widget: Fancy Widget v1.3 - Download

Its simple but that's what I like ;)

If you have any questions please let me know!

Hey, I'll make an archive on my dropbox, ATM just got the stuff from my latest setup walllpapers

Also, made new icons with reflections and changed my application page!

4Eifh.jpg

Guest southpaw1
Hey, I'll make an archive on my dropbox, ATM just got the stuff from my latest setup walllpapers

Also, made new icons with reflections and changed my application page!

4Eifh.jpg

could you please tell me how you resized your icons , and whats that welsh dresser thing , is that just a background pic wallpaper ?,

many thanks

Guest Frankish

My current one is very simple. Looks like a lockscreen. But i have about 7 invisible icons for apps, facebook browser etc in there ;) Oh and love the Evil Dead/Ash wallpaper! ^^^

e2b0e66d96c0e5104e90f09d6effc0e15c79f96d90e940b3fb6305d6f81b6b696g.jpg

Edited by Frankish

could you please tell me how you resized your icons , and whats that welsh dresser thing , is that just a background pic wallpaper ?,

many thanks

Hey, you need a laucher that allows resizing for widgets (such as ADW, launcher pro plus or GO EX launcher) and the shelves thing is just a background lined up with the screen widget grid, so it looks like my icons are on the shelf! It's in the wallpapers file i posted.

Guest Buchtis

Orange San Fransisco running JapaneseJellyfish RLS 9, overclocked from 600Mhz to 768Mhz and idle clock dropped from 245Mhz to 122Mhz. Ignore the temperature level on setCPU, seems faulty as i've had it hit 56c before.

Using the Desire Sense UI with Thin Circle battery.

Only using 3 screens at the moment as i've no need for anything else currently.

Home Screen (Center)

96bf2f46.png

Left One

0ddff88c.png

Left Two

9262a1a5.png