How to tune a FM radio station

Guest moneytoo

Guest munchy_cool

Sorry for the OT

can someone upload the fm_hcitool along with the sources and PM me the link, we need to it for enabling fm radio on the Samsung Spica.

you can get the fm_hcitool from the download in this thread, and we don't have the sources... it was just included in the O2 2.1 as far as I know

Sorry for the OT

can someone upload the fm_hcitool along with the sources and PM me the link, we need to it for enabling fm radio on the Samsung Spica.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest offthahorse

man you guys are awesome. i would never have been able to figure this out! dont let the impatient ones get to you..

with all the capabilities of this dell streak, its becoming a better candidate for a car stereo replacement unit by the minute!

Guest ravenoverride

This is strange. Just upgraded from 1.6 to 2.2. And I was happy to try out the Radio. The GUI didn't worked and in the terminal (with SU) it states that the command was not found.

Maybe if someone could upload the fm_hcitool from the 2.1? Would like to try it B)

Guest mrmrmrmr
This is strange. Just upgraded from 1.6 to 2.2. And I was happy to try out the Radio. The GUI didn't worked and in the terminal (with SU) it states that the command was not found.

Maybe if someone could upload the fm_hcitool from the 2.1? Would like to try it B)

it works on mine.

Did you root your device and install busybox ?

Guest buchikik
Ok, new update for the app...
  • Added 5 station presets, long press the preset button of your choice to remember the current frequency.
  • Re-centred the frequency dial
  • cleaned up a crapload of code

edit: Upload in a sec, just found an error, if you already downloaded plz get it again in a few minutes... sorry

edit: ok, I think everything should be ok now.

HI im newbie on development in android.. i would like to ask if this is working in any country to tune the frequency in my country?

thanks in advance for sharing the code so that i can learn more on developing on android

There is the facility to change to JP frequencies, but it's not implemented in the Dell supplied tool. If I ever get back to the app It will be included.

HI im newbie on development in android.. i would like to ask if this is working in any country to tune the frequency in my country?

thanks in advance for sharing the code so that i can learn more on developing on android

Stock 2.2 does not have fm_hcttool. I downloaded the fm_hcitool_speaker from this thread and it worked. Can someone please upload the original fm_hcitool that plays through the headphones? I cant seem to find it anywhewre. Thanks in advance.

Guest SKYSCRAPER04
just upgraded to O2 2.2 official, any ideas on how to get this working?

mine works...i have it since 2.1 and till now still works..btw im on steves 1.5.1...

Streak radio.app not working in Official 2.2 even when Rooted

anybody have it working ?

The radio app will not work without the fm_hcitool in your bin directory. stock 2.2 does not have fm_hcitool. download it from this thread and place in your bin directory using something like rootexplorer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest theewz
Are we ever going to get a version that allows outputting to the Streak's speaker?

Not sure thats possible since it needs anantenae. I can use external speaker fine with it though.

Edited by theewz

Guest RenkliArif

I'm talking about the StreakRadio application in 1.5.3. It would be nice to have an option to output to the speaker with the headphones plugged in like other phones :D

Guest paullong

Sorry, I hate writing posts like this but could someone please upload the fm_hcitool file? I have stock 2.2 and I have searched this thread (promise!) and can't find it. I can see a "speaker" file, but not the normal one.

Thanks!