WiFi issue

Guest robot1000

Guest oh!dougal
i'm not on wireless n only, i'm using N+G

Yeah, but you CAN connect to your router - some people claimed they couldn't EVER connect to theirs, but they could connect to other peoples ... That was, I believe due to n-only. And thus a non-issue.

The actual issue seems to be a failure to reconnect after sleep.

I don't see this as being SF-unique.

Hence the proliferation of apps trying to do a full disconnect and wifi restart after sleep.

24 hour lease and dropping several times/day after sleep would seem to eliminate my DHCP lease idea...

Guest cmberry20

when you say rooted - do you have mean: have you installed Superboot/Fastboot - then yes.

I have tried 'hostname' & 'Hostname' (without quotes) & no joy.

Guest neologan

btw, something odd happened when i lost connection, the unnamed connection popped back to life again, but a wifi reset brought back the named one and for a moment i had both as active. It seems like it does have something to do with this host naming, but just changing it with connectbot isn't enough, i dunno! :)

Guest pdauser92

Try downloading "Spare Parts" from Android Market - that version has extra options for Wifi, and will replace the one that comes pre-installed with the MCR ROM. I haven't had any problems with my wifi connection and so haven't been able to test this myself, but you could try setting the wifi sleep policy to "never" and see if that helps.

Guest mark2410

hmmm my wifi was doing the same and after a while disconnecting and refusing o reconnect unless i manually told it to. so turned off bluetooth let it sit last night and this morning wifi was still connected. im thinking that cant be a coincidence

Guest oh!dougal
hmmm my wifi was doing the same and after a while disconnecting and refusing o reconnect unless i manually told it to. so turned off bluetooth let it sit last night and this morning wifi was still connected. im thinking that cant be a coincidence

Beat me to it!

Was just pondering EXACTLY that.

I have Bluetooth (and actually EDIT 3g mobile network data, because no £10 credit yet) turned off, EVERYTHING stock, and ... NO WiFi trouble at all.

Sleep from the button, by timeout, and overnight -- no problem.

Take the dog for a walk, moving out of my wifi coverage with the phone awake, sleeping it, waking it on approach and it reconnected by itself as I neared the front door. Absolutely fine.

BTW, wifi sleep is still set (default) to when screen sleeps.

Router is a Netgear DG834G.

WiFi signal strength in the router room is reported 'excellent' and displays all the bars.

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest oh!dougal

In another thread, long long ago ---

is anyone else having trouble with bluetooth? i can get the blade to pair but thats all it will do and just there it seemed to have a hugely detrimental effect on wifi to the point of kicking it off.

is anyone else finding bluetooth useless?

Guest jdtanner
Me to

Does not matter if I have bluetooth on or off still have wifi issue

ern

Same here, after sleep wifi isn;t reconnecting automatically ;)

BTW, cheers for all the amazing work Paul et al! :)

John