Framework Factory V2

Guest Rem1x

Guest x.balli.x
x.balli.x -

So am I right in thinking you simply downloaded the file and flashed it with Clockwork? Was there no changes needed for Froyo?

Cheers

Joe

no no Froyo framework is different from Eclair if you do that you will simple get stuck at boot screen.....am trying to port Galaxy S theme to Froyo 2.2 , check my post above, but am just facing problem in editing color for time and date

Guest malooga
no no Froyo framework is different from Eclair if you do that you will simple get stuck at boot screen.....am trying to port Galaxy S theme to Froyo 2.2 , check my post above, but am just facing problem in editing color for time and date

I'd love that port once you've finished it, only thing i'm missing from 2.1 is the black notification bar and blue highlights.

What have you done to get this far if you don't mind me asking? I'm interested in doing the same thing so we can get some different themes going on Froyo. Please share here so we can learn :)

Guest ddotpatel

I heard it through the grapevine (page 3 I think) that its something need changing in services.jar. I could be wrong though pal?

Guest x.balli.x
What have you done to get this far if you don't mind me asking? I'm interested in doing the same thing so we can get some different themes going on Froyo. Please share here so we can learn :)

i have done nothing much, am a newbie myself, but let me share with you

i extracted the framework-res.apk and service.jar

opened the framework-ress.apk

went to res/drawable-hdpi/

and swapped all the .PNGs with the files from GalaxyS framework i had

pushed the framework-res.apk back to system/framework , phone restarted and i had the theme, now am stuck with services.jar , i can't manage to run colorchange.jar for some reason it gives me this error 'unable to access the jarfiles colorchage.jar'

if you can edit the services.jar for me thn we have a working framwork

pushed the framework-res.apk back to system/framework , phone restarted and i had the theme, now am stuck with services.jar , i can't manage to run colorchange.jar for some reason it gives me this error 'unable to access the jarfiles colorchage.jar'

Thanks mate, I'll try to do something with this, will let you know if I make progress. :) Cheers

Guest ddotpatel

Does this help,.... From 01.30

Guest x.balli.x
Is the services.jar read only. No app to change that?

Its a Java file , you need to have JDK installed for it

we can also do it by using the method mentioned above in the video.....but i guess am just being lazy now and looking for a short way

Edit: I tried the method mentioned in above video but my JDK doesn't seem to work and that is why it is not executing the java command.....any possible solution?

Edited by x.balli.x

You don't have to rename the file, to be honest its better if you don't then you can have a few frameworks to choose from. Just choose install zip from sd in clockwork mod, instead of choosing update from sd.

Mmmm you see this is where my problems lay. I did it this way on all the themes and no a wont look like the screenshots. All that happened was the colours changed and nothing else ? So i assumed i was doing something wrong.

Guest x.balli.x
Mmmm you see this is where my problems lay. I did it this way on all the themes and no a wont look like the screenshots. All that happened was the colours changed and nothing else ? So i assumed i was doing something wrong.

have you tried the way i mentioned?

rename the file to update.zip

can you pose your screenshot with notification bar open ,or settings menu opend

Guest ddotpatel
Its a Java file , you need to have JDK installed for it

we can also do it by using the method mentioned above in the video.....but i guess am just being lazy now and looking for a short way

Edit: I tried the method mentioned in above video but my JDK doesn't seem to work and that is why it is not executing the java command.....any possible solution?

Have you added the JDK path thingy? Not sure what it is called,... 2 mins....

EDIT.....

Setting up the path

Windows 2000/XP users may set their path by right-clicking on 'My Computer' and selecting 'Properties'. Under the 'Advanced' tab, there is a button that allows you to set the 'Environment variables'. Click on this and alter the 'Path' variable so that it also contains the path to the Java executable. For example, if you have installed Java in c:\jdk and your path is currently set to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32, then you would change your path to read C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32;c:\jdk\bin

When you open a new command prompt, it will reflect these changes and allow you to run java programs by typing "java". If you have installed the SDK, then you will also be able to run "javac" to compile stuff.

Windows 95/98/ME users may find that their path variable is stored in a different place. Edit the c:\autoexec.bat file and add the following line at the end: SET PATH=%PATH%;c:\jdk\bin

(This also assumes that you have installed Java in c:\jdk)

Linux, UNIX, Solaris, FreeBSD users must set their PATH variable to point to where the java binaries have been installed. Please refer to your shell documentation if you have trouble doing this. For example, if you use bash as your shell, then you would add the following line to the end of your .bashrc: export PATH=/path/to/java:$PATH

Setting up the classpath

In addition to setting up the path, you also need to tell Java where to find compiled class files at runtime. You will probably want to set the classpath to include at least the current working directory (.)

Eg: SET CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;.

The classpath can also contain other directories that may contain compiled class files. Note that if you are using classes that are contained inside a .jar file, you will need to specify the full path and name of this file in the classpath, rather than just the name of the directory it is contained within.

... FROM http://www.jibble.org/settingupjava.php

Edited by ddotpatel

Edited services.jar using the guide on the video - thanks for that! Great stuff! Got my black background and white clock text - funny how a little bit of success at these things makes you so happy :)

Anyway find attached the edited services.jar file - the clock text is white. :)

I'll crack on with some themes when I get the chance (could be tomorrow, could be next year).

Hope the file helps you x.balli.x :(

services.zip

Edited by Guest

Guest x.balli.x
Edited services.jar using the guide on the video - thanks for that! Great stuff! Got my black background and white clock text - funny how a little bit of success at these things makes you so happy :)

Anyway find attached the edited services.jar file - the clock text is white. :)

I'll crack on with some themes when I get the chance (could be tomorrow, could be next year).

Hope the file helps you x.balli.x :(

thanks.....i just have you changed all the text colors or just the clock?.......its funny i just got my JDK working.....lol

Guest x.balli.x

got everything working now, all the text colours are white now, just testing it out in clockworkmod

Ticker-text message colour is still black , how to change that , what value in stat_bar.xml needs to be changed?

post-769044-1288482384_thumb.png

Edited by x.balli.x

Guest malooga
got everything working now, all the text colours are white now, just testing it out in clockworkmod

Ticker-text message colour is still black , how to change that , what value in stat_bar.xml needs to be changed?

post-769044-1288482384_thumb.png

Ask Remix, he seems to no what he's doing

Yeah I couldn't get AXMLPrinter to work, I keep getting exceptions. Without that I don't think it's possible to find the right point in the .xml file to edit :) I'll keep looking though.

have you tried the way i mentioned?

rename the file to update.zip

can you pose your screenshot with notification bar open ,or settings menu opend

I tried the update.zip method with the same results. Colours have changed but its not themed. I used GalaS V2 but its the same with all of them. None of the icons have changed to the boxed type and the apps screen doesn't look anything like the screenshots. Did i need to install anything else to get it to look the same >?

post-779538-1288516982_thumb.jpg

post-779538-1288517036_thumb.jpg

post-779538-1288517053_thumb.jpg

post-779538-1288517064_thumb.jpg

post-779538-1288517078_thumb.jpg

Edited by danz0l

OK, this is very non-technical, but I simply copied exactly what happened on the video regarding editing status_bar.xml

I hex-edited the status_bar.xml file exactly as shown in the video and it's worked! The ticker-tape notifications are now white.

I've attached the status_bar.xml file for you x.balli.x, hope this helps mate :)

status_bar.zip

Edited by Guest

Guest x.balli.x
I tried the update.zip method with the same results. Colours have changed but its not themed. I used GalaS V2 but its the same with all of them. None of the icons have changed to the boxed type and the apps screen doesn't look anything like the screenshots. Did i need to install anything else to get it to look the same >?

this is all you gonna get, if you are looking for icons then you need to install them seperatly

the Status_bar.xml you posted doesn't seem to work for me, still black ticker notification text :@

Edited by x.balli.x

this is all you gonna get, if you are looking for icons then you need to install them seperatly

the Status_bar.xml you posted doesn't seem to work for me, still black ticker notification text :@

OK, just so I'm completely sure, I've extracted the status_bar.xml file from my modified framework-res.apk that I pushed to my phone to get the white ticker text. It's uploaded and attached to this post.

You did put it (once extracted from the zip) in res/layout/ inside the framework-res.apk file, yeah?

status_bar.zip

Guest x.balli.x
OK, just so I'm completely sure, I've extracted the status_bar.xml file from my modified framework-res.apk that I pushed to my phone to get the white ticker text. It's uploaded and attached to this post.

You did put it (once extracted from the zip) in res/layout/ inside the framework-res.apk file, yeah?

yes i have done it and after swapping the file my phone goes into constant loop at boot screen, if i push the old framwork it just works fine

if you have complied the framework completely can you upload it please

Edit: Finally got it working now.....so now i simple put them in a zip?

Edited by x.balli.x

yes i have done it and after swapping the file my phone goes into constant loop at boot screen, if i push the old framwork it just works fine

if you have complied the framework completely can you upload it please

There you go, let me know how you get on with it.

framework_res.zip