[ROM] CM 6.1 snapshot - koudelka

Guest koudelka

Guest Koki1337

Hey koudelka!

Just tried, it's a great and stable FroYo ROM for the Liquid E!!

I would like to say, the sensitivity for the ROM is indeed too high

The screen just moves by itself, I can see the lines moving itself when I had the music app running.

I have to say, there are no touch panel sensitivity settings and I guess we all need it.

just an update.

i managed to pair the bluetooth :)))

yupiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ;) :(

Very well, thanks for the update.

did you try making a call? is it working fine?

Guest Liquidini
Very well, thanks for the update.

did you try making a call? is it working fine?

no :) ;)

i dont know whats the problem is.

i love this rom.

its super fast.

it has vibration during call pick up and termination

it has a lot of tweaks.

adw launcher works incredibly smooth!

Guest Piter1225

Using this ROM for few days, I'm impressed with speed and stability, some small bugs are still needed to be fixed, but I've never thought we will have CM on Liquid :)

Congrats

it looks like having a working bluetooth (especially the car kit profile) is difficult without kernel sources.

same problem on other phones as well, such as htc tattoo.

don't know why, but it's tricky.

Guest mgasparel
yesterday I did a new clear installation (starting from last leak, so baseband 05.01.04):

full wipe (including SD card), unfortunately I am still facing some problems (some random reboots triggering ON/OFF wifi and 3G data), plus during installation of some apps ( i.e. quadrant or swiftkey)

it's a pity because overall speed , free ram, responsivity are very very good (respect latest 2.2 official leak), but the system is actually too instable, so I'll revert to previous nandroid backup.

let me underline that this is obviously my situation after a clean install (don't want to flame with tmp_do user), but it's not strange that a custom rom has different behaviours with different configuration/network scenarios.

I'm having similar issues. I flashed the 05.01.04 .bin file, did a full wipe, and installed this ROM.

It booted fine, and the ROM was SUPER fast and smooth.

Unfortunately, any attempt at using the camera would reboot the device

Bluetooth would pair and connect, but any attempt to play music or make a call would disconnect the device.

I also experienced a few random reboots, but other than those 2 main points I found the ROM to be very usable. SO SMOOTH, can't wait for a build that is stable on my device!

Has anyone tried using the 'Fix permission' in the ClockworkMod ?

After I installed this ROM, my camera worked, but then I started to get FC's.

I ran the fix permissions, now my camera is working, but I just had a reboot after I exited out of the Camera.

I haven't checked to see if that fixes the BT issue.

update: scratch that, after I ran 'fix permissions' from ClockworkMod, the camera starts without any FCs, but after I take a picture, phone reboots :S

update #2: after a 3rd reboot, I started running logcat to see why it's crashing, but now the camera seems to be working fine, so far 2 pics taken and no reboot....

Edited by ikirt

[...]

update #2: after a 3rd reboot, I started running logcat to see why it's crashing, but now the camera seems to be working fine, so far 2 pics taken and no reboot....

It doesn't want you to solve the problem :)

Guest Stark Wong

The ROM is just great and super fast.

As other says, the AGPS is not working, other than that no big issues (Even Quadrant can install and run)

However seems the camera driver is not very stable, it is easy to crash the device and cause RAM dump when running software that requires use of the camera (The record mode of camera app, Goggles FC, Barcode Scanner crashes system when close).

Anyway, I will keep using it unless a major issue is found.

Good work koudelka (and other contributors)!

p.s. one more minor thing: the busybox didn't build with df support, so I can't see how much space left for /system

Edited by Stark Wong

Guest koudelka
p.s. one more minor thing: the busybox didn't build with df support, so I can't see how much space left for /system

Thanks I will look into that, might be that it is just not symlinked?

Guest Koki1337
Thanks I will look into that, might be that it is just not symlinked?

Hey, I'm still reporting about the sensitivity issue, it moves by itself :)

Anyway, camera app doesn't work, so does Vignette. It just crashes AFTER you take a pic

From what I found, there are a bunch of commands that are duplicated. You can delete the symlink of df in /system/bin/df , that copy is symlinked to toolbox, now busbox's df will wotk for you(which is in /system/xbin/)

Edited by ikirt

Guest grooltor

For GPS (not A-GPS!!!) on Liquid A1: flash gps fix provided by Xian1243 in the original CM6 thread :P

Tested with Google Maps and CoPilot Live, worked like a charm! (still no a-gps, so News and Weather widget won't recognize your location)