[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
Didn't know that... Is it suppose to have page loading bar? Never saw it in mine :P

When I was trying it before I was getting the ... spinning logo thing... rather than a loading bar... I've got that on my list to look into tho.

Guest mELIANTE
When I was trying it before I was getting the ... spinning logo thing... rather than a loading bar... I've got that on my list to look into tho.

With Orange's browser, downloads are back to working fine in you ROM... Got to get rid of that ugly icon though.

Guest mELIANTE
Why dont you enable hardware acceleration on your rom it's set to 0 at the moment I set it to 1 and mow the menu flies really well.

I tried it too, but some artifacts were emerging so I opted to turn it off again. I suppose if some app needs HW accel it will activate it too, at least the well disigned ones :P

Guest BillBong

Hi Sebastian,

Just noticed something - it's pretty trivial so whether you get round to looking at it or not depends on what else you've got going on. If you go to the Media Player and then click on the menu button to go to the "media store" it's going to an Orange link which then returns an error message (I'm on O2).

It's very streamlined otherwise so thanks for your efforts

Guest Sebastian404
Just noticed something - it's pretty trivial so whether you get round to looking at it or not depends on what else you've got going on. If you go to the Media Player and then click on the menu button to go to the "media store" it's going to an Orange link which then returns an error message (I'm on O2).

Your right... they sneaked that one in :P thanks for letting me know, I'll work on removing it :D

Guest mELIANTE
Back to square one. The downloads appear to be working only without SIM card in the phone :P

New update, not related to SIM but to location. I deactivated location detection and everything is working fine again.

I tried it too, but some artifacts were emerging so I opted to turn it off again. I suppose if some app needs HW accel it will activate it too, at least the well disigned ones :P

same happened when i activated it, artifacts all over the place, very distracting, and to be honest dint find any performance improvement, something tells me its just a placebo effect, or has someone done one of those performance tests which prove activating hardware accel helps? :s

Guest mELIANTE
same happened when i activated it, artifacts all over the place, very distracting, and to be honest dint find any performance improvement, something tells me its just a placebo effect, or has someone done one of those performance tests which prove activating hardware accel helps? :s

In the game SpeedX it really helps, but I suppose it isn't optimized to the SanFran's chipset...

In the game SpeedX it really helps, but I suppose it isn't optimized to the SanFran's chipset...

yea and if you check the menu scrolling speed and watch it fly with hardware acceleration on and then turn it off and waych how slugish it is and download labrith game and watch how smoothe the game plays with hardware acceleration and without.I am testing a few more build.prop hacks will let you know looking for some battrey saving lines.

Guest Anton Palitsyn
yea and if you check the menu scrolling speed and watch it fly with hardware acceleration on and then turn it off and waych how slugish it is and download labrith game and watch how smoothe the game plays with hardware acceleration and without.I am testing a few more build.prop hacks will let you know looking for some battrey saving lines.

So how do you edit build.prop (with what, where etc.) to activate hardware acceleration?

So how do you edit build.prop (with what, where etc.) to activate hardware acceleration?

youll need to be rooted, use root explorer, navigate to your system folder, mount as read and write (r/w), open build.prop in text editer, then the option on top of lcd density, i think its debug.sf.hw, change the value to 1, save and exit, reboot

Guest Anton Palitsyn
youll need to be rooted, use root explorer, navigate to your system folder, mount as read and write (r/w), open build.prop in text editer, then the option on top of lcd density, i think its debug.sf.hw, change the value to 1, save and exit, reboot

Thanks! How do I know if I am rooted? Sorry, it's only me 4th day using Android after 4 years of iPhone :P

Guest Anton Palitsyn

OK, so I used the Root explorer to edit build.prop but when I rebooted debug.sf.hw is back at 0. I guess I am missing the "mount as read and write (r/w)". How do I do that? Thanks!

Guest Anton Palitsyn
OK, so I used the Root explorer to edit build.prop but when I rebooted debug.sf.hw is back at 0. I guess I am missing the "mount as read and write (r/w)". How do I do that? Thanks!

I think I am mounted as r/w or at least it says so at the top of the screen. Still, if I change the value to 1 and reboot, it returns back to 0.

Guest Anton Palitsyn
I think I am mounted as r/w or at least it says so at the top of the screen. Still, if I change the value to 1 and reboot, it returns back to 0.

OK! Got it. I wasn't rooted as it turns out.

So, should I be expecting performance improvements and where would it be noticeable most? :P

OK! Got it. I wasn't rooted as it turns out.

So, should I be expecting performance improvements and where would it be noticeable most? :P

you should have used superboot or universal androot to root your device, once its rooted, follow the instructions i gave earlier, make sure to save changes, then reboot...for me i prefer it when its left to the default, but most people claim to get better performance, but all i got was messed up visuals on the left side (artifacts), anyways try it out, you might like it, i guess it would be most noticeable in games but i could be wrong?

btw do check the build.prop for if the changes actually saved, im not sure if you did it right :D

Guest Anton Palitsyn
you should have used superboot or universal androot to root your device, once its rooted, follow the instructions i gave earlier, make sure to save changes, then reboot...for me i prefer it when its left to the default, but most people claim to get better performance, but all i got was messed up visuals on the left side (artifacts), anyways try it out, you might like it, i guess it would be most noticeable in games but i could be wrong?

btw do check the build.prop for if the changes actually saved, im not sure if you did it right :P

It did save everything. I am getting the weird lines on the left too. Not seeing any improvement to tell you the truth.

It did save everything. I am getting the weird lines on the left too. Not seeing any improvement to tell you the truth.

my thoughts exactly, until someone manages to prove it does actualy improve performance significantly, and someone manages to do it in such a way we dont get those weird lines, im leaving mine at default...i know steve enabled it for the dell streak and that made a difference to its performance but as for the SF, we have to wait and see

Guest feckineejit

Hello Seb sent you a pm but it didn't seem to send, just wanna know is there anywhere i can find your r2 or r3 deoranged rom as the only ones i can find are these ones

Roms

Edited by feckineejit

Guest Sebastian404
Hello Seb sent you a pm but it didn't seem to send, just wanna know is there anywhere i can find your r2 or r3 deoranged rom as the only ones i can find are these ones

Roms

I might have a copy rolling around, can I ask why your looking for them?

Guest feckineejit

I downloaded the 2.2 and didn't like it as app market wouldn't work, and the rom i had on my phone before that was your r2 or r3 deoranged one, not sure which one it was, i'd rather have your rom back on my phone for now :-)

Guest Sebastian404
I downloaded the 2.2 and didn't like it as app market wouldn't work, and the rom i had on my phone before that was your r2 or r3 deoranged one, not sure which one it was, i'd rather have your rom back on my phone for now :-)

you know the market is having 'issues' today? anyway, I found a copy of r3 and uploaded it the site with the others... tho I'd still recommend you use r5..