[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest feckineejit
you know the market is having 'issues' today? anyway, I found a copy of r3 and uploaded it the site with the others... tho I'd still recommend you use r5..

Cheers Seb for the roms, yes i know the market is having problems only took me 4 or so hours to figure that out :P I'll download the r5 but i'll grab the r3 as well as i had that on the phone originally and had no problems with it.

Edit:

Seb is the superuser added into this rom, or should i use the superuser addon below with the r5 rom,

r4_update_de-orangeated_sudo_addon_signed.zip

or should there be an r5 Sudo addon?

Edited by feckineejit

Cheers Seb for the roms, yes i know the market is having problems only took me 4 or so hours to figure that out :P I'll download the r5 but i'll grab the r3 as well as i had that on the phone originally and had no problems with it.

Edit:

Seb is the superuser added into this rom, or should i use the superuser addon below with the r5 rom,

r4_update_de-orangeated_sudo_addon_signed.zip

or should there be an r5 Sudo addon?

well spotted, I flashed the r5 this morning and didn't even notice superuser was missing, just ran the "r4_update_de-orangeated_sudo_addon_signed.zip" and it works fine on the r5 update.

All rooted again.

Edited by d123

Guest Sebastian404
well spotted, I flashed the r5 this morning and didn't even notice superuser was missing, just ran the "r4_update_de-orangeated_sudo_addon_signed.zip" and it works fine on the r5 update.

All rooted again.

That will work, or you could use Universal AndRoot. it's linked on the first page :P

Just updated to R5, loving the clean feel of the rom. :P It's running smooth so far, had problem with the app market but later find out it was google fault and not the rom.

The R5 don't have superuser by default, however installing the r4_update_de-orangeated_sudo_addon_signed.zip will solve this.

Seb is it possible to add A2SD in the next update/addon, I've followed this method http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/showthre...r-the-ZTE-Blade but it still didnt work A2SD storage shows "information not available" in Quick System Info. I did the partition using gParted and it was working fine on ModaCo R4 rom before I flashed your R5 rom, nothing major but I have quite alot of game app to install.

Guest BackedOut_
updated the rom as instructed.. said successful installed but when i restart all the orange branding is as before.

:P

Same outcome with me. Downloaded r5_update_de-orangeated_blade_livewallpaper_addon_signed.zip, but nothing had changed, same Orange rubbish as before.

Will I need to remove the ROM before I install another one or what?

Same outcome with me. Downloaded r5_update_de-orangeated_blade_livewallpaper_addon_signed.zip, but nothing had changed, same Orange rubbish as before.

Will I need to remove the ROM before I install another one or what?

Install this first r5_update_de-orangeated_blade_signed.zip (the rom).

r5_update_de-orangeated_blade_livewallpaper_addon_signed.zip is a optional addon to enable users to use live wallpaper, it should be install after installing r5_update_de-orangeated_blade_signed.zip

Guest BackedOut_
Install this first r5_update_de-orangeated_blade_signed.zip (the rom).

r5_update_de-orangeated_blade_livewallpaper_addon_signed.zip is a optional addon to enable users to use live wallpaper, it should be install after installing r5_update_de-orangeated_blade_signed.zip

Yeah figured that out afterwards. I downloaded r5_update_de-orangeated_blade_signed.zip and it removed all of the Orange branding apps. However it deleted some things I wouldn't expect it to, and what I use most.

It deleted the task manager app, so I don't have any quick way of stopping a program.

And it removed some of the clocks and widgets I use.

Is there anyway I can get these back?

Thank you

Guest feckineejit

loving the r5, thanks seb, but why have you removed fm radio? can you recommend a good replacement on the market that don't require wifi to run?

Is it from the ROM or the Market is not working again? I try to download apps but all of them are on "Starting download". With Paul's ROM only one from arround five attempts was successful. Is this happening only to me?

Guest feckineejit
Is it from the ROM or the Market is not working again? I try to download apps but all of them are on "Starting download". With Paul's ROM only one from arround five attempts was successful. Is this happening only to me?

I have this rom as well, downloaded it last night and i'm having the same problem, don't think its the rom as i was able to download one or two apps today, think its still the market, hope they sort it soon :P

Edited by feckineejit

Does this R5 really have no FM radio? Why remove it?

Another question, why have you not reverted to the stock android clock/alarm app? The stop watch and alarm on the stock rom were on R4 but are actually orange apps.

Edited by Sere83

Guest southeastblue

Only just realised this had no FM Radio, other than that this rom is probably as clean and as fast as you will get on Android 2.1, but no sure why the radio app would have been removed even if it's not something used all the time it's still handy to have.

Guest mELIANTE
I'm sure the FM radio can easily be installed by those who really want it.

Yes, it can. I just did it but it seems to have a negative impact in the device's performance. Don't know how and why, but my SanFran got a little jerky after I put the apk file in. Removed it promptly, as I don't listen to the radio...

Is there another FM tuner app around?

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest abbas_sheikh

Seb is it possible to add A2SD in the next update/addon, I've followed this method http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/showthre...r-the-ZTE-Blade but it still didnt work A2SD storage shows "information not available" in Quick System Info. I did the partition using gParted and it was working fine on ModaCo R4 rom before I flashed your R5 rom, nothing major but I have quite alot of game app to install.

Any update on this Seb?

Guest Sebastian404
How easy would it be to add a2sd to r5? Be gentle I'm new to android.

I've not got any plans to add a2sd to it, the aim of the exercise is to get it as close to stock but without the extra 'crap' that Orange/ZTE installed to ruin it..

Its possible to install a2sd, there is a guide linked further up the thread, I tried it once and it seemed to work, but honestly with as much free space as the SF has I personally don't see the need, but I'm not one for having millions of apps on my phones.

Guest Sebastian404
Does this R5 really have no FM radio? Why remove it?

Gettting rid of the Radio was the biggest request I had after R4, several people asked me why I included it.. I removed all the ZTE apps, apart from the Dialer..

Another question, why have you not reverted to the stock android clock/alarm app? The stop watch and alarm on the stock rom were on R4 but are actually orange apps.

The Stop Watch and Alarm Clock where actually ZTE apps...

r4_update_de-orangeated_blade_fixed_signed

alarming.apk package: name='zte.com.cn.alarmclock' versionCode='1301' versionName='1.3.1'

stopwatch.apk package: name='com.zte.stopwatch' versionCode='1' versionName='1.0'

I have removed them from from R5 and replaced it with the stock alarm clock.......

r5_update_de-orangeated_blade_signed

com.android.alarmclock.apk package: name='com.android.alarmclock' versionCode='7' versionName='2.1-update1'

Guest Sebastian404
I'm sure the FM radio can easily be installed by those who really want it.

Yes... but...

Yes, it can. I just did it but it seems to have a negative impact in the device's performance.

This is the reason why people asked me to remove it...

Guest Sebastian404
Any update on this Seb?

The method linked is the one I followed, it worked for me. I'm over in Europe right now and I did'nt bring my SF with me to try it... but really you should seek technical support from the villianrom forum...

Guest onlinejobwork
About RELEASE

This ROM is based on the Original Orange V1.0.0B05 ROM that was originally shipped with the device, all the Orange Branding has been removed, and any applications modified by Orange have been replaced with the AOSP versions. The aim is to revert the device to as close to AOSP as possible.

r5 marks the end of development for this ROM, Orange are known to be working on 1.0.0B06, once this appears expect r6.

Hi I throughtly test your rom since few days and its most upto date and lite rom and working almost file, I found some of the minor issue or bug listed below:

(1) just today I realize that there is no FM radio application, Please provide link to install

(2) Issue with Wifi Reconnection is still here, let us know how to solved

(3) Screen sensitivity is not good there is huge different between iphone scrren touch sensitivity and SF, some time screen is not respond to touch, mostly one strangh thing I relaize that when I put the phone on table or flat surface and try to operate the touch screen its not resposibe most of the time but when I hold the phone in hands than its suprisingly sensitive and resposive, I try this things lots of time and and found that screen is most of the time is like dead or less responsive let me know how to solved this kind of problem. write u more late

Urvish

Guest abbas_sheikh
The method linked is the one I followed, it worked for me. I'm over in Europe right now and I did'nt bring my SF with me to try it... but really you should seek technical support from the villianrom forum...

I tried the tutorial (the link to villianrom) mentioned in earlier thread on r4, it didnt work for me though, may be missing something. will try it again.

Edited by abbas_sheikh