[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

Just as an update for you guys... I've got an update for r6..

http://www.podtwo.com/android/beta/

Its just a small fix, it changes the colour of menu to standard Android colours, updates Market to the latest version, and has a slight update to the kernel so adbd is allays running, a lot of people have asked for that last one...

Guest vigadish
Just as an update for you guys... I've got an update for r6..

Its just a small fix, it changes the colour of menu to standard Android colours, updates Market to the latest version, and has a slight update to the kernel so adbd is allays running, a lot of people have asked for that last one...

Hi Seb.

Tried the R6 update - didn't test out the Market but checked the menu colours. The letters seem to be faint, is this how it should be?

See attached screenshot.

post-478530-1289649653_thumb.png

Guest Sebastian404
Hi Seb.

Tried the R6 update - didn't test out the Market but checked the menu colours. The letters seem to be faint, is this how it should be?

No that's not how it should to be at all, thanks for the feedback, I will continue to look into it

Guest Sebastian404

Also as an update, I've been told that the AGPS library in the new BY rom is better than the OUK one...

I've put together another update, along with an updated APN list for those that felt the need..

Again, no need to wipe your phone, just flash it over and any feedback is welcomed.

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest bobby-gg
Hi Seb.

See attached screenshot.

post-478530-1289649653_thumb.png

Hi Seb, I've just installed R6 after reading your comments about GPS issues, and my text is the same, on the internet settings it's white text on a white back ground and you can't read it, and I can't find a way of changing either the text colour or background colour

Rob.

Guest Sebastian404
Hi Seb, I've just installed R6 after reading your comments about GPS issues, and my text is the same, on the internet settings it's white text on a white back ground and you can't read it, and I can't find a way of changing either the text colour or background colour

Rob.

I'm still looking into it really, but its update2 that should improve the aGPS stuff...

Guest flatnote31

Good work Seb :rolleyes:

Are you using A2SD with your ROM?

been trying with 2.7.2 and no luck....A2SD works fine with Paul's r4, but from what I understood from DarkTremor's log, he's been having problems with some builds where the sd-ext block is different than what's in his script, so he's currently working on a script to get the app to fetch the /sd-ext drive....

I'm still quite surprised how A2SD works fine with some people though!!

Guest jonesian

I've just updated to the fat version of r6 from r5, but I'm having a couple of problems:

In the previous version, I turned off the data connection using the following:

Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Data connection?

But I can't find it in this version - can someone point me in the direction of it or advise me how to do it please? (I also use the apn app, but I prefer to be able to alter the settings manually).

I'm on Virgin mobile.

I'm not keen on the new keyboard - how do I get the one that was in r5?

Thanks in advance and big thanks to Seb for his hard work!

Guest oh!dougal
I've just updated to the fat version of r6 from r5, but I'm having a couple of problems:

In the previous version, I turned off the data connection using the following:

Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Data connection?

But I can't find it in this version - can someone point me in the direction of it or advise me how to do it please? (I also use the apn app, but I prefer to be able to alter the settings manually).

Ummm. I think you are in the wrong thread.

This would be an issue on Seb's other rom, the Bouygues-based one.

In another thread on a french-based rom -

For some reason they've removed this setting in the french ROM that I base my custom ROM on. Get apndroid from Market, it'll take care of it for you.

Guest super san francisco

Hi,

i used your r6 fat rom to great pleasure, however i didn't install the updates as other reported them being faulty somehow(ie colours).

i however tried the villainrom release, which had some small things missing that your release has. so i made a backup before, flashed villainrom, tried it and then wanted to restore the backup of your rom. everything worked out perfectly, however the battery drain has significantly grown. it really drunk those electrons like they were a good french wine;)

any thoughts on this?

greets, great rom of yours:)

Guest jonesian
Ummm. I think you are in the wrong thread.

This would be an issue on Seb's other rom, the Bouygues-based one.

In another thread on a french-based rom -

Oh bloody hell - have I loaded the wrong thing into my phone???

Guest oh!dougal
Oh bloody hell - have I loaded the wrong thing into my phone???

There are VERY few differences. The French one has a newer wifi, but its not clear that it behaves any differently.

Guest jonesian
There are VERY few differences. The French one has a newer wifi, but its not clear that it behaves any differently.

Ok thanks - think I'll revert to the r5 versh anyway, I liked that button!

Hi. I note some people's comments about non-operational GPS and the r6 version. Can anyone tell me categorically if the GPS is now working on the latest r6 "fat" release (de-Oranged variant on first page ...)

Thanks!

Guest vigadish
Hi. I note some people's comments about non-operational GPS and the r6 version. Can anyone tell me categorically if the GPS is now working on the latest r6 "fat" release (de-Oranged variant on first page ...)

Thanks!

Hi. I've been using Seb's R6 Fat since he uploaded it. Have used the GPS very frequently - works flawlessly. The GPS locks in about 7 seconds and is the lock is accurate. BTW I use both Google Maps and Navigation. I also used R5 and never had any issues.

Guest bobby-gg

Thanks!

I think all my problems with GPS are down to my individual phone, I've tried most of the roms and always end up having problems

I'm going to try and send it back for exchange

try this rom - I liked it

Rob.

I think all my problems with GPS are down to my individual phone, I've tried most of the roms and always end up having problems

I'm going to try and send it back for exchange

try this rom - I liked it

Rob.

Thanks to yourself and previous poster for this clarification. Appreciated ...

Guest Mark Keats

I have sucessfully network unlocked and installed the r6 de-orangeated ROM and everything is working well.

The problem I have is that I can't get any autocomplete spelling from the keyboard. I have set my locale in the settings to Englight (United Kingdom) but get nothing.

Am I missing a dictionary file somewhere?

Guest Sebastian404
i changed to the r6 fat on the 11/11, im just asking if this was updated after this date, just so i have the very last version.

thanks.

joe.................

I putout some update files as BETA, but the feedback was not so good, but nothing in the version that was released on 9th November,, Unless you mean the de-Bouygued ROM? that was put out on the 11th, its based on the Bouygues Telecom ROM, tho it's more or less the same thing as the de-oranged one.

Guest oh!dougal
i changed to the r6 fat on the 11/11, im just asking if this was updated after this date, just so i have the very last version.

thanks.

joe.................

Of course you can resolve such questions by looking at the MD5 checksum.

If your file doesn't produce to the one published alongside the download, then your file is different to the download!

AND, if you still have the zip file on your sdcard, Astro File Manager will tell you its MD5 (long press on the zip, choose Details, wait a couple of seconds ...)

thanks seb and dougal.

im a bit of a dope at this stuff, i think i will just re-copy the fat file on the first page of this thread, then i know for sure.

joe.........