[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest thewarden

Thanks, should have said, I already have. I get the same result, the black ninja dude appears in menu but when I try to run something like Barnacle, I get permission denied.

I can root the stock orange rom with no problems.

Maybe there is a setting or something I am missing?

Guest Just Wondering
Having forced closes is a sign you did not wipe the user/data area before you dated the ROM, give that a go and see if its any better.

I've not really had any complaints of GPS not working, people said it was not accurate, that's what update was for, but it apparently made no difference.

Ahhhhh , so its not just a matter of clearing the cache and delvick cache , you also need to do a full reset on the phone or those errors will happen?

thank you for your last reply

Guest eyedentity

Hi guys,

I'm using the r5 version and have some problems with 3g.

After booting, 3g ist enabled and working. However, the connection is lost and trying to reconnect manually results in an error ("connection failed" in settings).

Any ideas? Of course, that might also be related to my provider (German BildMobil / vodafone)

Best regards,

EyeDentity

Edited by eyedentity

Guest Sebastian404
Hi guys,

I'm using the r5 version and have some problems with 3g.

After booting, 3g ist enabled and working. However, the connection is lost and trying to reconnect manuelly results in an error ("connection failed" in settings).

Any ideas? Of course, that might also be related to my provider (German BildMobil / vodafone)

Best regards,

EyeDentity

Have you updated the apn file? the de-oranged rom only comes with support for Orange UK APNs..

Guest super san francisco
If your still keen on beta testing, Ive uploaded todays build to the same place, but do a wipe before you try it....

Sorry for "longtimenoanswer" :P but i think, for the time being, i will stick to my R6 Lite, which works like a charm after all the things,

i tweaked on it. so right now, i won't be your beta tester. if my mood changes, i might return to that though.

but thanks so far for all your effort and your absolutely great Rom. I love it ;)

looking forward to your future releases. would you kindly give a tiny glimpse on what you are working on atm?

greetz,

Martin

WARNING for TFT users: This rom will make red on your screen blue and the brightness will be very low, there may be other problems too, when you screen goes to sleep it won't go back on, you will need to remove battery.

@Sebastian404, please make a de-orangated rom based on the orange uk TFT rom.

Edited by Guest

WARNING for TFT users: This rom will make red on your screen blue and the brightness will be very low, there may be other problems too.

@Sebastian404, please make a de-orangated rom based on the TFT rom.

Moderators, please put OLED in the title of this thread!

Thanks for the heads-up dude! I nearly flashed this ROM on my TFT.

Think I'll try and rip all Orangey bits off the standard ROM from my backup myself.

Guest mr_bridger

Hi Sebastian, Any plans for a TFT version of this? Used this one on my OLED one and worked great (r4) but now need to de-orengeate a TFT one too.

Many thanks

Guest Sebastian404
Hi Sebastian, Any plans for a TFT version of this? Used this one on my OLED one and worked great (r4) but now need to de-orengeate a TFT one too.

Many thanks

Give r7 a go....

Guest tttonyyy
Hi,

Put on r7 using Clockwork but fat addon fails. Can't remember what the error was.... but there was a 6 somewhere...sorry.

Same here, fat addon gives:

E:Error in /sdcard/r7_update_de-orangeated_fat_addon_blade_signed.zip

(Status 6)

Installation aborted.

Guest Sebastian404
Hi,

Put on r7 using Clockwork but fat addon fails. Can't remember what the error was.... but there was a 6 somewhere...sorry.

Thats because your using the new version of ClockworkMod... try the old version it should work fine..

Guest Sebastian404
Same here, fat addon gives:

E:Error in /sdcard/r7_update_de-orangeated_fat_addon_blade_signed.zip

(Status 6)

Installation aborted.

Seems to be having problems.... I'll have to look into this...

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest tttonyyy

Nice one.

Shouldn't have made my first post here a bug report without saying that what you've done thus far is fantastic. I've installed the lite version and it's nice to finally get rid of the orange apps - so thank you for the effort! :)

Hi Sebastian,

Just downloaded r7 lite on TFT (SF White) and it works great. Thank you very much.

P.S: I also tried to install r7 fat addon (using clockwork recovery 2.5.0.9) but seen the same problem as tttonyyy mentioned.

Anyways, thank you very much for this r7 release. (Everything is great for me with r7 lite except that just missing the "filer" app which is part of r7 fat addon !)

EDIT:

I copied .apk files (filer/alarmclock/fmradio/taskmanager) from the r7 fat addon to sd card and installed those using apps installer app (by modmymobile). It works great.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

John

Edited by Johny1

Guest ZforZelda
Maybe you need to rephrase that....

The rom is rooted, you can remount the system partition and r/w from ADB and you can get a su shell without any messing about..

What is it that your trying to do that stops you?

could you confirm this on r7? Market Enabler and Adfree both do not work for me

Guest hecatae

I'll try this later, trying normal Orange B08 since yesterday and the GPS hung not finding any satellites, needed a full cold reboot to start working again.

Be interesting to see if this has the same issue

Guest Sebastian404
could you confirm this on r7? Market Enabler and Adfree both do not work for me

This is something that keeps coming back up, yes the rom is rooted. run ADB shell and type 'su' and see what happens...