[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest StevenHarperUK
This is something that keeps coming back up, yes the rom is rooted. run ADB shell and type 'su' and see what happens...

Just to check Seb : is the superuser app available in the APP drawer?

Guest ZforZelda
This is something that keeps coming back up, yes the rom is rooted. run ADB shell and type 'su' and see what happens...

I tried su in terminal emulator, "su: permission denied"

haven`t tried adb shell yet since I left the cable at home, is that needed? Market Enabler and Adfree both works fine on Paul's 2.1 r4

Edited by ZforZelda

Guest Sebastian404
I tried su in terminal emulator, "su: permission denied"

haven`t tried adb shell yet since I left the cable at home, is that needed? Market Enabler and Adfree both works fine on Paul's 2.1 r4

I will download the terminal and give it a go...

Hi Sebastian, I used your r6 rom and it was great!!!

Do you have any plans to add a2sd to your roms? I had to install the rom from modaco because of this (I had a few problems when tried to add it later, my fault, I'm sure).

Guest Sebastian404
I will download the terminal and give it a go...

The one thing I have noticed is that the MD5 on my remote server does not match the one on my local........

Still looking into it.

Guest ZforZelda

another minor prob: when touch-scrolling a long pop-up menu (like the one of browser -> Menu -> More), it turns totally black, anyway, when my finger left the screen, it turns back to normal black on white again

Edited by ZforZelda

Guest onlinejobwork
About RELEASE

This ROM is based on the Orange V1.0.0B08 ROM shipped with current device, all the Orange Branding has been removed, and any applications modified by Orange have been replaced with the AOSP versions. The aim is to revert the device to as close to AOSP as possible.

Features

• Based on the OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08 ROM
  • Removed all Orange Branding.
  • Removed test Apps, programs & data left over during vendor 'testing/development'.
  • Removed ZTE applications (lite version).
  • Removed Live Wallpapers (lite version).
  • Removed CooTek TouchPal Keyboard (lite version).
  • Reverted to standard Android boot animation.
  • Reverted to standard Android wall papers.
  • Reverted to standard Android Browser application.
  • Reverted to standard Android email application.
  • Reverted to standard Android music application.
  • Fixed default homescreen layout.
  • Updated Google Maps and Street View.
  • Updated Google Market Application.
  • Added Google Talk.
  • Added Google Voice.
  • Added Google Books.
  • Added international APN list.
  • Added ChainsDD' SuperUser Application.

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.

Downloads

update.zip format
    • r7_update_de-orangeated_lite_blade_signed.zip - MD5: 64996253e24c9f7f0f770d7565218474

• r7_update_de-orangeated_fat_addon_blade_signed.zip - MD5: cd061f56f1312bc950b3aad3f6a83931
      ClockworkMod recovery.

Installation

CAUTION: This update will wipe your userdata during installation, back it up if you want to keep it.

Install this ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery:
      • Download the update zip above and copy to your SD card.
      • Restart your device in recovery mode (turn on your device with 'Volume Down' held).
      • Use the recovery menu to apply the update file.

Which version for me

This ROM now comes with a fat addon, the Fat addon contains the LiveWallpapers, CooTek TouchPal keyboard, and ZTE Apps (Alarm Clock, Filer, FM Radio, Notepad, TaskManager), and by request the test applications.

To install the fat version, download both files and apply them to your device using ClockworkMod, use the addon zip second!

Compatibility

This ROM should work with all models of the ZTE Blade.

Upgrading

A wipe is required to use this ROM regardless of which ROM you have been using previously.

Reverting to stock

A stock ROM image can be found in this topic.

Known Issues

None at this time.

Future development

None at this time.

Is it 2.1 or 2.1 ???

Urvish

Guest Sebastian404
Market Enabler and Adfree both do not work for me

Ok,

I've re-uploaded the files and checked the MD5, a couple of times, I even downloaded them and flashed them to my phone.......

I'm 99.9% confident that they are right now.. anyone want to try again and let me know?

ZforZelda,

if you run SuperUser, click on Settings and then pick the bottom option on the list, does it say your SU is upto date?

Guest ZforZelda
Ok,

I've re-uploaded the files and checked the MD5, a couple of times, I even downloaded them and flashed them to my phone.......

I'm 99.9% confident that they are right now.. anyone want to try again and let me know?

ZforZelda,

if you run SuperUser, click on Settings and then pick the bottom option on the list, does it say your SU is upto date?

for the version i'm running, it says "Checking available version failed"... might be the great firewall here in china... anyway the second bottom option says Superuser v2.3.6.1

the MD5 of the rom i flashed is 64996253e24c9f7f0f770d7565218474, what should it be now?

Guest Sebastian404
for the version i'm running, it says "Checking available version failed"... might be the great firewall here in china... anyway the second bottom option says Superuser v2.3.6.1

the MD5 of the rom i flashed is 64996253e24c9f7f0f770d7565218474, what should it be now?

41e56f4856ae656dc7ab5c8d027e1c1a

I have no idea what happened with the files, but it seems something screwed up with it, download it again.. and let me know if its any better for you

Guest tttonyyy

v7 fat addon I get md5 of 7C0DA713CD692D4139C999B819750363 (downloaded twice, it's the same). Doesn't match the md5 in the first post.

Edited by tttonyyy

Guest eyedentity

Has anybody already tried to enabled hardware acceleration?

I read that artefacts might appear, but as Angry Birds is lagging sometimes, I am tempted to enable it.

=> Any experiences?

Guest NorthernNoel

I don't think Exchange was in the original ROM.

My SF appears to get a blue bleeding effect on dark colours with this ROM. Anyone else noticed this? It's a TFT btw.

Guest Stryke69
Changelog

r7

• updated: com.android.vending.apk (v2.13)
  • updated: com.google.android.apps.books.apk (v1.0.16)
  • updated: com.google.android.apps.googlevoice.apk (v0.4.2.13)
  • updated: com.google.android.apps.gtalkservice.apk (v1.3)
  • updated: com.google.android.apps.maps.apk (v4.7.0)
  • updated: com.google.android.apps.mymaps.apk (v1.1.6)
  • updated: com.google.android.gm.apk (v1.3)
  • updated: com.google.android.street.apk(v1.6.0.6)
  • updated: com.google.android.talk.apk (v1.3)
  • updated: com.google.android.voicesearch.x.apk (v1.4.6)
  • added ChainsDD Superuser Application (v2.3.6.1)
  • Added global APN list
  • Enabled aGPS SUPL support
  • Reverted menu colours to Android Stock
  • Cleaned/fixed init.rc
  • Updated Busybox to 1.17.1
  • Added About Firmware to Settings
  • Tanzen ist verboten

Umm, may I ask what "Tanzen ist verboten" is or what do you mean? I know what it means (I'm German), but I really don't have any clue what that is regarding android.

Umm, may I ask what "Tanzen ist verboten" is or what do you mean? I know what it means (I'm German), but I really don't have any clue what that is regarding android.

DANCING IS FORBIDDEN.

I think it's just a joke, haha.

Guest AstuteSoup

Sebastian, just tried the r7 release of this/your ROM and my initial impression is a positive one. However, I have noticed that the standard email application (com.android.email) has been omitted. I can only assume this was an oversight, which is why I am bringing it to your attention.

My only other (very minor) criticism would be the inclusion of the GlobalTime app, I personally don't think this adds anything of value, certainly not enough for "lite" inclusion. However, whilst on the subject of time related applications, I think the AOSP DeskClock app would make a worthy addition, if only for its alarm functionality.

Keep up the good work, it's very much appreciated.

edit: I am also experiencing the menu "blackout" bug as described by ZforZelda.

Edited by AstuteSoup

Guest Mike Toner

Complete noob to this and hope somebody can help, but every time i try to install Sebastians rom on clockwork mod recovery all i get is E:Cant mount /sdcard. Any ideas?

Cheers.

hi folks...

successfully installed the r6 mod to an OLED Blade last week, all is well.

bought the wife one for xmas, but this one is a TFT model.

the way i got the new rom on the OLED was to first put it on the sd card, and then install it from there. i just want to know if this is a safe method for using on the TFT.

basically:

- download onto sd card androot;better terminal;2.5.0.9 clockwork;r7 mod (lite & fat)

- navigate to sd card and install androot and better terminal.

- Open Androot and root phone with 2.5.0.9

- open better terminal and begin installation method of r7

is all this going to be compatable with the TFT version of the blade?

thanksfor any help/advice

si