[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
That update looks great but what did you replace the Music app with?

Chimp

For some reason there launcher intent did not want to work with the DeskClock, I rebuilt and it seems happy now... dunno why the 'old' version was not so happy...

I guess this is why I don't 'do' java...

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
Also is this compatible with ClockworkMod 2.5.1.3 cos I've read that some people are having problems with the MCR rom and ClockworkMod versions...

it should work with ClockWorkMod 2.5.1.3, thats what I use. But I do use my own build rather than Pauls... I cant imagine you'd have any problems tho.

Guest AstuteSoup
Just for you... since you asked....

I'm honoured. I've just applied this update, here are my initial impressions:

• com.android.email is now present (hurrah!) but the apk is missing high density (hdpi) resources
  • Gallery force closes after viewing slideshow via DeskClock
  • DeskClock negates the need for AlarmClock; has the same features, albeit requiring an additional touch to access

Apart from that though... my house has yet to burn down, I don't have a cat.

Edited by AstuteSoup

Guest Sebastian404
[*]Gallery force closes after viewing slideshow via DeskClock

[*]DeskClock negates the need for AlarmClock; has the same features, albeit requiring an additional touch to access

I'd spotted that gallery FC issue, it seems odd but it looks like thats a problem with Gallery not returning correctly.

Yeah I also agree about Alarm clock, but people wanted the 'old style' clock widget, that comes with Alarm Clock.

Guest super san francisco

I gave it a go, but went back to R6 soon as there was one big issue:

3G would always stay on, no matter apndroid. Had the same issue with flbfroyo and paulfroyo as well.

Knockout argument for me :-)

Guest Sebastian404
3G would always stay on, no matter apndroid. Had the same issue with flbfroyo and paulfroyo as well.

erm...

Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Data connection

seems to work fine for me

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest heavyduty00

Is the apps2sd thing really easy to do?

because i read some posts at the beginning of this thread and dont get what to do?! lol

Btw thanks for rom, runs very slick, i changed from a custom rom 2.1 to this since it lags a bit and i dont even need all the apps which measure how much my cpu is at etc lol!

very little lag, only a bit in angry birds and some other games like raging thunder

thanks!

Guest super san francisco
erm...

Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Data connection

seems to work fine for me

believe in my skill;) i found that working too, but apndroid widget is just so much more handy than going into the menu all the way every time... besides, could you explain, why the phone can still connect via the blocked apn?

Guest Sebastian404
Android.podtwo.com seems to have ground to a halt - it was telling me it was going to take 2 days to download, now just frozen. Frustrated smiley.

John

apparently I've used 500GIG since the 1st of December... crikey... I'm having a debate/argument with my upstream provider...

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
apparently I've used 500GIG since the 1st of December... crikey... I'm having a debate/argument with my upstream provider...

I've been looking at my logfiles, and it seems that people have been downloading ALL of the stock roms... that's not really the idea guys....

And using download accelerators to connect 8 times to the same site is not good practise either!

That's why is so slow right now, there is some guy from .pl downloading all the ROMS and using 32 simultaneous connections to do so..

I've been looking at my logfiles, and it seems that people have been downloading ALL of the stock roms... that's not really the idea guys....

And using download accelerators to connect 8 times to the same site is not good practise either!

That's why is so slow right now, there is some guy from .pl downloading all the ROMS and using 32 simultaneous connections to do so..

I'll wait a while then...

And good use of 'crikey', by the way; an underutilised expletive, in my view.

Cheers

John

Edited by Sabre2

Guest Sebastian404
Any mirrors? The download speed is painful!

not unless one of the people who have leeched the heck out of my site over the last few weeks want to share....

hi, I know sebastians rom says it works with a new orange sanfran that has the new tft screen, but has anyone actually got it to work? I've now tried 4 rom's that say they work on tft screen & thus far none of them have. I'm not a unix person ro its all a steep learning curve for me.

I'm confused as to what sebastian has a fat & lite version so would like someone to please confirm if they have managed to get it working withour orange appearing as blue, or phones sleeping & not waking up :) & I'm only interested if they have the new phone phone with the tft screen as I'm well aware that it works great on older phones.

Please help me as I've bought this phone as a christmas present & its now in such a mess ther is no way I can give it as a present in its current state :-( & I'be spent hours following guide after guide & still cant get the flippin thing to work.

Merry Christmas to everyone by the way.

I'm also using windows 7 so my pc doesnt recognise the phone when its plugged in via the usb, so I have to keep removing the sd card & pligging it directly into the pg.

Guest Sebastian404
I'll wait a while then...

My upstream provider is most upset, I might be able to get my bandwidth upgraded a bit, but im going to have to do something, like install mod_throttle or the like...

I've gone from nothing to their largest user in 20 days!

Aww, 280 bytes/sec... :) This ROM seems to be the only debranded light one that will work on the TFT model and I promised a friend I'll mod her new phone tonight. Is there any chance it can be put on to Filefactory.com please? I found this is the fastest download site available without users having to pay.

Thanks for creating this ROM, Sebastian. I look forward to installing it in a couple of days! ;)

Guest Sebastian404
hi, I know sebastians rom says it works with a new orange sanfran that has the new tft screen, but has anyone actually got it to work? I've now tried 4 rom's that say they work on tft screen & thus far none of them have. I'm not a unix person ro its all a steep learning curve for me.

While I have not tried it myself.. I spent all my spare UK cash, its based on the B08 ROM that came with a TFT screen, so it SHOULD work, the only person to complain was installing the addon rather than the full rom, and he did not come back to complain again, so I assume he is happy..

Great sebastian, can you point me in the directin of the url that tells a newbie like myself how they get it on & working on their phone as I'm a bit lost as to which method to use.

Thanks for all yor help & hard work btw.

Edited by iantib

Guest Sebastian404
I'm honoured. I've just applied this update, here are my initial impressions:
  • com.android.email is now present (hurrah!) but the apk is missing high density (hdpi) resources
  • Gallery force closes after viewing slideshow via DeskClock
  • DeskClock negates the need for AlarmClock; has the same features, albeit requiring an additional touch to access

Apart from that though... my house has yet to burn down, I don't have a cat.

I have uploaded an, erm, updated update:

r7_update_de-orangeated_update_1_blade_signed.zip

I've having some problems with the server right now, so you may need to give it a while, but this should address all of your issues, apart from the deskclock, and the stray cat that moved in.

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
Aww, 280 bytes/sec... :) This ROM seems to be the only debranded light one that will work on the TFT model and I promised a friend I'll mod her new phone tonight. Is there any chance it can be put on to Filefactory.com please? I found this is the fastest download site available without users having to pay.

Thanks for creating this ROM, Sebastian. I look forward to installing it in a couple of days! ;)

the support guys are now saying that it might be a DOS attack.......

I'm not wikileaks!

I'm not wikileaks!

Are you sure? Your avatar looks like Julian Assange under house arrest! :)

The download is getting faster now. 26KB/s. Thanks for whatever it is you're doing to speed it up. (Counter measures against the DOS attack?)

Guest AstuteSoup
I have uploaded an, erm, updated update:

r7_update_de-orangeated_update_1_blade_signed.zip

I've having some problems with the server right now, so you may need to give it a while, but this should address all of your issues, apart from the deskclock, and the stray cat that moved in.

Downloading now, will post results soon. Also, I've uploaded your r7 zips to my server for those people who may be having issues downloading from yours at present; hope you don't mind. They can be found at http://transltr.co.uk/android/.