[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest mobile579
Grr, damm corporate Internet...

I've re-uploaded it, and zip tested it... should be OK now.

Zip seems to download and test ok but MD5 hash does not match can you provide an updated MD5 for the r4 fix ~5.7MB zip file?

Cheers

Guest mobile579
My current problems - does anyone have any solutions?

1. Still can't get the superuser applet to appear?

2. Can't get voice directions to work in Google Navigation? I have already installed the Voice Pack when prompted but it does not say anything

3. No microphone icon in Google Navigation?

4. Voice Search in Car Home applet crashes with an stopped unexpected error.

5. Browser has a weird button name 'X @12335467' in menu

TIA

With the Superuser update and your R4 Update I no longer have any of the problems above. Absolutely fantastic.

I have noticed since swapping from the Stock Orange Rom I have occasional WiFi timeout issues however.

Ok guys,

I've been looking into the issues raised, and I've got a fix, can you give this update a go and let me know if it fixes your problems:

r4_update_de-orangeated_fix_signed.zip - MD5 : f709b079e48eb207dbc6a91e97a186d5

Issues address:

• Google Navigation/Voice Search fixed.
  • Stop/Exit button in Browser fixed.
  • Actually updated Google Marketplace this time (opps)

Hi Sebastian,

New to the forum (and the SF), firstly I'd like to thank you and everyone else for your work on this device.

I see that you had to re-upload this file. My md5 for the downloaded file now comes up as 2d52645076cc9ac60b2e920d881e4c5c. Is that correct?

Thanks

Jon

Guest DaneelS

Sebastian - Thanks for all your work. Is it possible to bake the sudo update into the main ROM? As it stands, every time I apply an updated version of your main ROM, I then need to apply the sudo patch as well as root access is lost.

Guest mr_bridger

Hi, Just got myself a SF after seeing all the activity here!, great phone and i love this barebones rom...

i have a question tho...

i see youve removed all orange apps, but if i go to Settings>applications>Manage applications

i still see all (lots) the orange apps, like com.orange.appshop / com.orange.homescreen / com.orange.maps (nearly 2mb) / uk.co.orange.wednesday etc etc...

if i click on them, i get stuff like :-

"The application com.android.qualcomm (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedley. please try again."

OR

"The application settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedley. please try again."

how come these are all still there? a lot of them are using up a bit of space too, not a lot mind. just leaves the manage apps a bit cluttered.

Also, i see you have updated streetmaps etc, is it not possible to uninstall these? as mine doesnt seem to wark and i was hoping to try re-installing it.

Keep up the good work tho!

Cheers

Hi, Just got myself a SF after seeing all the activity here!, great phone and i love this barebones rom...

i have a question tho...

i see youve removed all orange apps, but if i go to Settings>applications>Manage applications

i still see all (lots) the orange apps, like com.orange.appshop / com.orange.homescreen / com.orange.maps (nearly 2mb) / uk.co.orange.wednesday etc etc...

if i click on them, i get stuff like :-

"The application com.android.qualcomm (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedley. please try again."

OR

"The application settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedley. please try again."

how come these are all still there? a lot of them are using up a bit of space too, not a lot mind. just leaves the manage apps a bit cluttered.

Also, i see you have updated streetmaps etc, is it not possible to uninstall these? as mine doesnt seem to wark and i was hoping to try re-installing it.

Keep up the good work tho!

Cheers

I also had this. You've got leftovers from the stock rom.

To fix this, from clockworkrecovery wipe the data/factory & cache partitions before reinstalling.

Guest mr_bridger

To fix this, from clockworkrecovery wipe the data/factory & cache partitions before reinstalling.

Fantastic! Thnaks for that... worked a treat... just got to reinstall everything now lol..

Guest DaveMac

After having a few problems over the last 2 days (constant fc's/jerky operation/extreme battery drain) I'm going to give seb's rom a go :)

I have been through Paul's r2 and currently on r3, but have only just added the clockworkrecovery after using the MCRi method up till now.

My question is if I wipe data/factory & cache partitions as suggested above, what do I lose on the phone? It isn't unlocked as I have an Orange pay monthly sim in it. What happens to any settings, installed apps, contacts etc?

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this is a stupid question :)

Guest DaveMac

Right...I've added the first zip file (and liking what I see so far :) )

Do I need to install all the other zips too?? What does the "sudo" one do?

Edited by DaveMac

Depends if you need those features,

-livewallpaper addon enable user to use livewallpaper.

-sudo addon enable Superuser which grant root access (some app need this e.g Quick Boot).

-the r4_update_de-orangeated_fix_signed.zip address the following issues

* Google Navigation/Voice Search fixed.

* Stop/Exit button in Browser fixed.

* Actually updated Google Marketplace this time

After having a few problems over the last 2 days (constant fc's/jerky operation/extreme battery drain) I'm going to give seb's rom a go :)

I have been through Paul's r2 and currently on r3, but have only just added the clockworkrecovery after using the MCRi method up till now.

My question is if I wipe data/factory & cache partitions as suggested above, what do I lose on the phone? It isn't unlocked as I have an Orange pay monthly sim in it. What happens to any settings, installed apps, contacts etc?

Thanks in advance, and apologies if this is a stupid question :)

All settings, contacts and installed apps wiped...

Guest feckineejit

The sudo rom is the superuser app that you need to have on the phone, not sure why exactly but you need it :)

Edited by feckineejit

Guest DaveMac

Thanks all for your replies...I just went for it anyway, "nothing ventured..." and all that! lol

I didn't wipe the device though, and I'm not bothered about live wallpapers, but everything else has installed like a dream...cheers Seb :)

I've been having a problem with my battery performance getting slowly worse, so I'm hoping this rom will answer all my prayers.

It certainly seems to be running mega fast at the moment...just hope battery drain is mega slow! :)

Thanks all for your replies...I just went for it anyway, "nothing ventured..." and all that! lol

I didn't wipe the device though, and I'm not bothered about live wallpapers, but everything else has installed like a dream...cheers Seb :)

I've been having a problem with my battery performance getting slowly worse, so I'm hoping this rom will answer all my prayers.

It certainly seems to be running mega fast at the moment...just hope battery drain is mega slow! :)

Would appreciate an update on the battery life issue after some use, currently on the r3 and battery life is horrendous!!!

Guest DaveMac
Would appreciate an update on the battery life issue after some use, currently on the r3 and battery life is horrendous!!!

So far its been up for 2 hours after a 100% charge, and battery is showing as 87%. I've browsed the internet for a few minutes, downloaded an adobe reader up date and sent 1 text. Add to that a little browsing around the phone, and I'm not sure whether this is good or not!! lol

I'll keep you updated :)

Guest Sebastian404
I've just noticed - Mountain View? Please bring some gingerbread, may be half-baked crumbs even :) .

That's a different department I'm afraid :)

Guest Sebastian404
Is there not a name for this ROM? I keep seeing it as ModaCo R4... not this ROM.... Can you not create a name for it and not have R1/R/2/R3 names.. maybe give it a different release revision not to confuse it with the ModaCo ROM?

the R4 part of the name is because it is release 4... its a fairly standard naming system, personaly I was happy with 'de-orangeated' but it seem people are just referring to it as my ROM... going to be fun when I put out my next project ...

Guest Sebastian404
Zip seems to download and test ok but MD5 hash does not match can you provide an updated MD5 for the r4 fix ~5.7MB zip file?

Cheers

Yeah, your right the new MD5 is 2d52645076cc9ac60b2e920d881e4c5c I have updated the original post, as a rule if you can do a zip test without any problems the ROM should be fine.

Guest Sebastian404
Hi Sebastian,

New to the forum (and the SF), firstly I'd like to thank you and everyone else for your work on this device.

I see that you had to re-upload this file. My md5 for the downloaded file now comes up as 2d52645076cc9ac60b2e920d881e4c5c. Is that correct?

Thanks

Jon

I had problems uploading the fix, and while the zip is fixed, the MD5 in the post was wrong.... your right, it should be 2d52645076cc9ac60b2e920d881e4c5c

Ok guys,

I've been looking into the issues raised, and I've got a fix, can you give this update a go and let me know if it fixes your problems:

r4_update_de-orangeated_fix_signed.zip - MD5 : 2d52645076cc9ac60b2e920d881e4c5c

Issues address:

• Google Navigation/Voice Search fixed.
  • Stop/Exit button in Browser fixed.
  • Actually updated Google Marketplace this time (opps)

Hi Seb,

When you get a chance, can you add this to your first post as well?

Also if poss it would be good to merge all the fixes into one rom

Thanks alot, looking forward to your next updates!

Guest Sebastian404
Hi Seb,

When you get a chance, can you add this to your first post as well?

Also if poss it would be good to merge all the fixes into one rom

Thanks alot, looking forward to your next updates!

I'm just working on that now... :)