[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest mELIANTE

Loving this rom.

Granted, I have not tested any other but with stock android launcher (thanks to idroid84) I am loving the original android experience (I'm a stock roms kind of guy :) )

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest Sebastian404
I'm just working on that now... :)

I've updated the first post with a fixed version of the orignal rom. I'll also be uploading some MCRi format files later today (hopefully)

Guest Sebastian404
Loving this rom.

Granted, I have not tested any other but with stock android launcher (thanks to idroid84) I am loving the original android experience (I'm a stock roms kind of guy :) )

I'd actually got a build of my ROM working with the stock launcher, I was thinking about including it here, but the general feeling on here seemed to be that the built in launcher was 'better' so I left it in.

Guest mELIANTE
I'd actually got a build of my ROM working with the stock launcher, I was thinking about including it here, but the general feeling on here seemed to be that the built in launcher was 'better' so I left it in.

I supose it's a matter of tastes :)

Guest nick_sub

Hi Sebastian,

Love the clean feel of this ROM. I'm running your r4 version but it seems to have the old version of Android Market and still has the wrong text above the browser exit. Did you correct these things but keep it at r4? I downloaded it on 11 October. Should I try a reinstall with the latest download and if so will it wipe everything?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Guest Sebastian404
Hi Sebastian,

Love the clean feel of this ROM. I'm running your r4 version but it seems to have the old version of Android Market and still has the wrong text above the browser exit. Did you correct these things but keep it at r4? I downloaded it on 11 October. Should I try a reinstall with the latest download and if so will it wipe everything?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Either re-download the fixed ROM from the first page, or get the fix file from This page.

Either should sort your problems out, and no need to wipe anything, just install either of them from Clockwork Recovery.

Guest mobile579

Found quite a big problem (at least from my point of view) the screen no longer changes format if you hold the phone in landscape mode instead of portrait. Is anyone else having a similar problem? TIA

Found quite a big problem (at least from my point of view) the screen no longer changes format if you hold the phone in landscape mode instead of portrait. Is anyone else having a similar problem? TIA

Have you got "Orientation" ticked under display settings?

Guest Sebastian404
Have you got "Orientation" ticked under display settings?

Not all apps will Rotate, I just reverted my phone back to the stock ROM to check this out, and I noticed that the Orange Home Screen will rotate (only 1 way tho) and but switching to Launcher2 it no longer rotates.

Otherwise, everything else seems to rotate as I'd expect...

Guest mobile579
Not all apps will Rotate, I just reverted my phone back to the stock ROM to check this out, and I noticed that the Orange Home Screen will rotate (only 1 way tho) and but switching to Launcher2 it no longer rotates.

Otherwise, everything else seems to rotate as I'd expect...

Thanks the new default launcher must not support rotating. Panic over I have gone into a couple of other apps and rotate works!

Guest nick_sub
Either re-download the fixed ROM from the first page, or get the fix file from This page.

Either should sort your problems out, and no need to wipe anything, just install either of them from Clockwork Recovery.

Worked perfectly - thanks again!

Guest DaveMac

First day using Seb's rom, and have to say I like it alot. Very smooth, very quick. Thanks for your effort with this Seb, I'm only 2 weeks into Android but your work with this is much appreciated mate.

My battery has performed a little better today. Left it sleeping overnight (8 hours), and lost around 6% of battery. Went to work this morning with 75% battery, not used it loads but plenty of tinkering with screens & settings. Sent around 5 texts, spent around 10 minutes on the phone, and probably half an hour on internet. Came home with battery at 25%.

Still don't think this is amazing, but better than the last couple of days. Gonna see what its like over the weekend, and if still not happy will try ATK.

Guest southpaw1

Wow !!! , I`ve just updated to this and my phone seems 100% faster and much more responsive to user input , many thanks for the time and effort you`ve put into this Seb , much appreciated mate

Guest DaveMac

I've come to the conclusion that this phone just hammers the battery. Just charged it to 100%, used the camcorder to take 1.5 minutes of footage, and battery has dropped to 88%!!! :)

Guest buntoid

I flashed mine and my wife's phones with Seb's r4.

They seem to be running fine but, does anyone know where the Accounts & sync have gone?

The menu item is missing from both phones.

Guest LorianNod
I flashed mine and my wife's phones with Seb's r4.

They seem to be running fine but, does anyone know where the Accounts & sync have gone?

The menu item is missing from both phones.

Menu Button -> Settings

They are there on mine with sebr4

Guest buntoid
Menu Button -> Settings

They are there on mine with sebr4

They were there between Applications and Privacy before I flashed.

If I go into contacts and enter accounts I get: android process acore has stopped unexpectedly.

This happens on both phones. :)

Guest oh!dougal

Presumably from the same single download?

Did you check its MD5 checksum to make sure that the download was perfect?

I wouldn't bother reflashing with your original download, unless you are certain that it is bit-perfect.

Guest Sebastian404
They were there between Applications and Privacy before I flashed.

If I go into contacts and enter accounts I get: android process acore has stopped unexpectedly.

Yeah, I've just checked, its still there for me too... Have you setup a google account? try running the Market that should get you to sign in..

post-764508-1287177198_thumb.png

Guest buntoid
Yeah, I've just checked, its still there for me too... Have you setup a google account? try running the Market that should get you to sign in..

Yes both had google accounts on them. I can sign into the market but I still don't have the Accounts & sync in the settings menu.

Did you flash with the update.zip?

I used the MCRi method because the zip did nothing.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Yes both had google accounts on them. I can sign into the market but I still don't have the Accounts & sync in the settings menu.

Did you flash with the update.zip?

I used the MCRi method because the zip did nothing.

Can I suggest you use clockworkmod and the update.zip

Use my Guide :

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...m-from-scratch/

You wont need step 1

But obviously substitute the MoDoCo ROM with Sebastians ROM

The only difference will the CRC of the file.

Guest buntoid
Can I suggest you use clockworkmod and the update.zip

Use my Guide :

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...m-from-scratch/

You wont need step 1

But obviously substitute the MoDoCo ROM with Sebastians ROM

The only difference will the CRC of the file.

That worked this time - thanks :)

I tried the zip method before but it wouldn't work but the only difference this time is I removed the battery.

What effect does removing the battery have?

Guest Sebastian404
That worked this time - thanks :)

I tried the zip method before but it wouldn't work but the only difference this time is I removed the battery.

What effect does removing the battery have?

It should'nt make any difference, but odd things can happen....

did you do the data/cache wipe this time?

Edited by Sebastian404