[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest buntoid
It should'nt make any difference, but odd things can happen....

did you do the data/cache wipe this time?

No, just install zip file.

Do you know if DarkTremor's Apps2SD works with this rom?

Guest mobile579

Does anyone know of a method of uninstalling the following from the deorangated r4 rom?

FM Radio

Global Time

Latitude

Talk

Thanks

Edited by mobile579

Guest idroid84
Does anyone know of a method of uninstalling the following from the deorangated r4 rom?

FM Radio

Global Time

Latitude

Talk

Thanks

Android Commander - a gui based Android management system.

http://androidcommander.com/

Just delete the above from /system/app

Edited by idroid84

Guest StickyGeko

can any1 help me???

startede noticing things the other day, like clickin an app in market.... but then it says cannot find app etc, now i get a prob where i click install.... the bar starts but nothing happens it doesnt download, doesnt matter if on wifi or 3g....

Guest mobile579
titanium backup can "uninstall" system apps

I have tried Titanium and it comes up with all kind a warning messages to make sure what you are removing is correct otherwise it will mess up the phone.

Does anyone know what I need to uninstall to get rid of the following (for example it looks like their are at least two Talk related items do both of these go do I remove one before another etc)?

FM Radio

Global Time

Latitude

Talk

TIA

Tried installing Seb's r4 ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery, get this message -

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip

(No such file or directory)

Installation aborted.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Tried installing Seb's r4 ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery, get this message -

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip

(No such file or directory)

Installation aborted.

Are you trying to run the 1st option from the clockwork Mod "run update.zip"

Choose the 5th item instead "install zip fom sdcard"

Then do Choose the 2nd item "choose zip from sdcard"

Guest Blasphemous

Steven, can you tell me, I currently have Paul's R2 on my SF. I'd like to use A2SD and I 'think/assume' this rom supports that? Anyway, if I installed Seb's R4 rom will I lose all of my settings, contacts, apps etc etc?

Thanks.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Steven, can you tell me, I currently have Paul's R2 on my SF. I'd like to use A2SD and I 'think/assume' this rom supports that? Anyway, if I installed Seb's R4 rom will I lose all of my settings, contacts, apps etc etc?

Thanks.

You will only lose things that the Seb's R4 ROM removes.

Settings will be fine - Contacts fine - apps fine.

You will have to re-put down all your widgets.

However I highly recommend you get Titanium Backup (free) from the market and make a Backup onto the FAT32 SDcard.

I also recommend you make sure everything is good on R4 before you try to A2SD, just do it in 2 separate steps.

Guest Blasphemous

However I highly recommend you get Titanium Backup (free) from the market and make a Backup onto the FAT32 SDcard.

I also recommend you make sure everything is good on R4 before you try to A2SD, just do it in 2 separate steps.

Thank you. Will look at it over the weekend hopefully.

Thanks Steve, that worked, I also did a data/cache wipe, I backed everything up with titanium first,but when I re-installed titanium I get a massage saying "Sorry, I could not acquire root privileges.This application will not work! Please verify that your ROM is rooted and includes BusyBox, and try again"

What's the best fix for this? OK Fixed, I loaded the sudo add on, root privileges working.

Edited by goods

Guest Shrewsburypete

Hi All

I had Paul's rom installed but decided to install r4_update_de-orangeated_livewallpaper_addon_signed.zip

I installed clockworkmod ok copied r4_update_de-orangeated_livewallpaper_addon_signed.zip

to my sdcard and rebooted into clockworkmod menu and went through the instructions to select the rom on the card and choose zip from sdcard then yes a couple of times, it said it had installed it ok so I rebooted.

Now comes the part where I'm being thick, it looks exactly the same as it did before with Pauls R3 rom on it and all my contacts etc seem to be there, how can i tell if the update installed? BTW I didn't wipe the phone before I started.

Build number is MoDaCo custom rom for the orange san francisco r3 (OUK_P729BV1.0.0B05) .....shouldn't this be r4?

thanx

Hi All

I had Paul's rom installed but decided to install r4_update_de-orangeated_livewallpaper_addon_signed.zip

I installed clockworkmod ok copied r4_update_de-orangeated_livewallpaper_addon_signed.zip

to my sdcard and rebooted into clockworkmod menu and went through the instructions to select the rom on the card and choose zip from sdcard then yes a couple of times, it said it had installed it ok so I rebooted.

Now comes the part where I'm being thick, it looks exactly the same as it did before with Pauls R3 rom on it and all my contacts etc seem to be there, how can i tell if the update installed? BTW I didn't wipe the phone before I started.

Build number is MoDaCo custom rom for the orange san francisco r3 (OUK_P729BV1.0.0B05) .....shouldn't this be r4?

thanx

The r4_update_de-orangeated_livewallpaper_addon_signed.zip is just an addon, you need to put on the "r4_update_de-orangeated_blade_fixed_signed" it's a 63mb file.

Edited by goods

The thing is, you have only updated the pre-existing MCR R3 ROM with an live wallpapers add-on for Sebastian's ROM.

You should run the update using file:

r4_update_de-orangeated_blade_fixed_signed.zip - MD5 : a37f3c281da475f0117f2a2244bbd8ff

which will update the ROM (wiping the device not needed, but may be better to do so).

And then, if you want live wallpapers and fully functional superuser capabilities (a.k.a. root), install respectively:

r4_update_de-orangeated_livewallpaper_addon_signed.zip - MD5 : 6b1862747eef354b46ba826f777f1f72

r4_update_de-orangeated_sudo_addon_signed.zip - MD5 : c1e281c7c95a4e4262db17ead1315721

HTH :)

Guest southpaw1

Seb , Any plans to re-do your rom , with framework as per pauls r3,r4 etc , as i am trying to change the boot logo to one from this thread

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...reens-download/

but it wont update via clockwork ,

if its a lot of hassle , please ignore this post , cheers mate

Edited by southpaw1

Guest idroid84

@southpaw1

# Because of the change in files theres no chance we all could have compatibile framework-res.apk files because there has to be some sort of change along the line otherwise you won't get new graphics e.t.c.

You can eitha learn how to pack your framework-res.apk files or use the stock ROM. When you start changing graphics this has to be done. The only thing I could do is make sure I pack every single file (which takes along time).

The only thing I could do is maybe if the person wants xyz bootscreen, upload your framework-res.apk and I will do it. Problem is this does take some time and once that happenes the requests will come flooding.

Guest Blasphemous

I asked StevenHarperUK,

Thanks.

He replied swiftly stating:

So I was just about to start on this now but then I had a quick re-read through the whole thread. The question of 'does APP2SD / A2SD work with this rom?', has cropped up a few times but no one seems to have answered. Can I ask you guys, do any of you have A2SD working on this rom?

Thank you in advance.

Guest DaveMac

A couple of people asked me to update on my battery usage after I had installed Seb's de-orangified rom. I posted earlier in the thread that my battery performance was very poor using r3, so decided to strip out a load of apps I wasn't using, inc the Sense anologue clock widget that seemed very unstable after its latest update.

I'm loving seb's rom. Very smooth, very quick. I've installed OS Monitor to highlight any rogue apps but all seems fine whenever I check.

Currently my phone has been up for 30hrs 10mins, and I still have 44% battery left. I haven't hammered the phone usage wise during these 30 hours, but plenty of web browsing, facebook, youtube etc. Couple of dozen texts and general "tinkering" with the phone...really happy with this. It has been connected to 3g for the whole duration of the 30hrs too.

It must be said that playing things like Angry Birds etc really does hammer the battery, but thats to be expected.

Overall, pretty happy with my setup on Seb's rom at the moment :)

Guest jimmy2x2x
A couple of people asked me to update on my battery usage after I had installed Seb's de-orangified rom. I posted earlier in the thread that my battery performance was very poor using r3, so decided to strip out a load of apps I wasn't using, inc the Sense anologue clock widget that seemed very unstable after its latest update.

I'm loving seb's rom. Very smooth, very quick. I've installed OS Monitor to highlight any rogue apps but all seems fine whenever I check.

Currently my phone has been up for 30hrs 10mins, and I still have 44% battery left. I haven't hammered the phone usage wise during these 30 hours, but plenty of web browsing, facebook, youtube etc. Couple of dozen texts and general "tinkering" with the phone...really happy with this. It has been connected to 3g for the whole duration of the 30hrs too.

It must be said that playing things like Angry Birds etc really does hammer the battery, but thats to be expected.

Overall, pretty happy with my setup on Seb's rom at the moment :)

That sounds incredible, did you do a similar load test with other roms?

Guest DaveMac
That sounds incredible, did you do a similar load test with other roms?

No not really. I'm a noob being only 2 weeks into Android, but I first started with Paul's r2 rom release. I was pretty happy with that setup, as I was getting more than 24 hours usage even with my constant playing with the phone as it was all new to me.

I upgraded to r3 and at the same time added various other apps (LauncherPro Plus, Super Manager, SyncMyPix + various games). Not really sure why but my battery life just seemed to become very poor over night. Don't know if it was the change in rom release, the different mixture of apps I had added, or a combination of them all.

I decided to just "go back to basics"...install seb's rom, get rid of any cr@p I'd added that I didn't really need, and take it from there.

I would encourage anyone who's having issues to do something similar. If you backup before hand you've got nothing to lose if things don't get better

Guest oh!dougal
Remove them from the rom before you flash it, just delete them from system/apps in the .zip file. Works for me.

A question -

Is this as simple as Un-ziping the file to somewhere convenient, messing with the contents, and then recompressing to a zip file?

Or does one need special zip-surgery tools? (I use an old Mac ...)