[ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest JBSCARFACE

Nice work are u planning r5? i found bug ahen u go Gmail Acounts try to add second acount and app crash can u fix that pls? I like ur rom nice work thx.

Guest Sebastian404
Nice work are u planning r5? i found bug ahen u go Gmail Acounts try to add second acount and app crash can u fix that pls? I like ur rom nice work thx.

I've just released an even slimmer r5 :P

I've tried to re-create your crash, if I got Google Email, press 'menu', then 'Accounts', then 'Add account', I tried adding another existing google account, and creating a new one, both worked for me.

when was it crashing for you?

Edited by Sebastian404

I've just released an even slimmer r5 :P

I've tried to re-create your crash, if I got Google Email, press 'menu', then 'Accounts', then 'Add account', I tried adding another existing google account, and creating a new one, both worked for me.

when was it crashing for you?

Hi Sebastian am running your R4 Rom but need to send back to orange, faulty battery, can you direct me to a thread or tell me how to reflash original rom? I am using clockwork mod recovery

Guest Anton Palitsyn

This is my first post here. Have had my SF for 3 days now and am very pleased with the phone. Was even more please when I installed r4. This morning I noticed that r5 has been uploaded. 30 minutes later I had the new r5 with all my applications reinstalled and LauncherPRO Plus and Fancy Widget back and running. I must say I am seeing a great performance improvement.

Thank you Sebastian!!!

Guest Sebastian404
Hi Sebastian am running your R4 Rom but need to send back to orange, faulty battery, can you direct me to a thread or tell me how to reflash original rom? I am using clockwork mod recovery

It's mentioned on the first post, you need to get the ROM from this page

Guest Sebastian404
How can I put the live wallpapers in the original rom without having to flash them afterwords? Do I just put the apk files in system/apps?

download both update.zip files, flash both of them from Clockwork recovery, just make sure to do the Live Wallpaper addon 2nd.

Guest mELIANTE
download both update.zip files, flash both of them from Clockwork recovery, just make sure to do the Live Wallpaper addon 2nd.

Yes, I know that. I was asking how to intall them together, without needing to flash the wallpapers separetly. But I tried to put the live wallpapers .apk files in app folder of rom and it worked.

But now I can't seem to download files in browser, download starts but remains unknown and waiting for data connection...

Edited by mELIANTE

It's mentioned on the first post, you need to get the ROM from this page

Thanks for the reply, I have flashed the stock system image and boot image through clockwork, do I need to load the Stock boot / recovery images through fast boot as well?

Guest oh!dougal
going to try your rom Sebastian, been using Paul's R4 for awhile and it can be hit and miss for me. What's the difference between the ROMs?

Sebastian has explained what he's aiming for in the first post in this thread (the one with the download link).

What isn't clear?

Guest oh!dougal
Where did you hear this?

Hey, don't embarrass the guy! :P Just put it down to watercooler chat in Mountain View ...

I'd guess it was more likely that Orange would come out with a 2.1 bugfix, rather than an immediate advance to 2.2. Wouldn't that be likely to have a more different designation?

I hope Sebastian will try (on an unattributable basis) to keep us posted.

But lets not make it tougher than it needs to be!

Guest Sebastian404
But now I can't seem to download files in browser, download starts but remains unknown and waiting for data connection...

Ah, interesting, I get a message saying 'the content is not supported on this phone' no matter what I try to download...

Erm, what file are you trying to download? I belive Android wont let you download some types of files unless they are associated with an application on the device....

I've just checked with my NexusOne and a nice clean AOSP build of 2.1 on the Emulator.. its the same

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest mELIANTE
Ah, interesting, I get a message saying 'the content is not supported on this phone' no matter what I try to download...

Erm, what file are you trying to download? I belive Android wont let you download some types of files unless they are associated with an application on the device....

Im not sure what is going on there, I'll look into that.

Scratch that... Now I'm having the same problem with the original r4 ROM.

Help? :P

Guest Sebastian404
Scratch that... Now I'm having the same problem with the original r4 ROM.

Help? :P

Best way to diagnose this is to do a backup and revert to stock, see if that 'helps'

Guest mELIANTE
Best way to diagnose this is to do a backup and revert to stock, see if that 'helps'

With stock ROM it is working... Gonna try and put the stock rom's browser in your rom (it has the loading pages bar) and see if that helps.

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest Sebastian404
With stock ROM it is working... Gonna try and put the stock rom's browser in your rom, it has the loading pages bar and see if that helps.

Well, my browser is the one that came with the Stock ROM, only with the bookmarks changed... let me know how you get on.

I think the loading animation is not actually in the Browser but in one of the framework files... I think

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest mELIANTE
Well, my browser is the one that came with the Stock ROM, only with the bookmarks changed... let me know how you get on.

Didn't know that... Is it suppose to have page loading bar? Never saw it in mine :P