Suitable Silicone Case & Screen Protector for San Francisco by Orange

Guest H2ohaZZ

They don't cover all of the black area - or at least the ones I got don't, but they work really well, and at less than £3 for 5, i'm more than happy. You can see that there is scope to adjust the postion of the protector up/down, although its pretty tight width-wise.

post-769687-1286556964_thumb.jpg

post-769687-1286556984_thumb.jpg

post-769687-1286556994_thumb.jpg

Although not a silicone case, I also use an HTC PO S520 which fits the SF really well - it doesn't slide out when turned upside down and has a handy pull tab to get the phone out easily. Ok so it has a small HTC logo but for £6 I can ignore that.

Edited by CRF

Guest oh!dougal
They don't cover all of the black area - or at least the ones I got don't, but they work really well, and at less than £3 for 5, i'm more than happy. You can see that there is scope to adjust the postion of the protector up/down, although its pretty tight width-wise.

<>

Down just a touch might be less likely to bother the proximity sensor -- left of and in line with the earpiece hole.

But - good spot and thanks for posting the photos.

Edited by oh!dougal

Down just a touch might be less likely to bother the proximity sensor -- left of and in line with the earpiece hole.

But - good spot and thanks for posting the photos.

Although the top of the protector cuts across the proximity sensor on my SF, it hasn't caused me any problems when making calls etc.

Guest glossywhite
I got an E71 silicon case this afternoon and it fits like a glove with spaces for the microphone, camera, USB, headphone. The only thing missing was an opening for the speaker but that is easily rectified with a hobby knife. It was a toss up between the case for the E71 and C3 (both Nokia) as both fit.

It also covers the hard keys at the bottom of the screen which I like cause it makes the device look like it is all touch screen.

06102010843-Copy.jpg

06102010844-Copy.jpg

Gosh, that looks GHASTLY! I'd have been ashamed to post those photos.

Guest will7201
Gosh, that looks GHASTLY! I'd have been ashamed to post those photos.

Whoah geezer! Don't sugar-coat it like that, tell him how you really feel :)

Will.

Guest cmberry20
Yes, they do, don't affect their performance though. Cover the sensors and the phone display shuts off when calling and buttons light up when covered/in the dark.

From eBay.

Why the hell are they at £99.99 :)

Guest silverblack
I got an E71 silicon case this afternoon and it fits like a glove with spaces for the microphone, camera, USB, headphone. The only thing missing was an opening for the speaker but that is easily rectified with a hobby knife. It was a toss up between the case for the E71 and C3 (both Nokia) as both fit.

It also covers the hard keys at the bottom of the screen which I like cause it makes the device look like it is all touch screen.

Whats the item number mate ?

Guest deweylewie

Where did you get it from?

Guest Eclogue

My case has arrived - it's ok, but I'd replace it if a custom one came along. snug fit on the ends, but the sides drop down a bit.

The camera hole is about in the right place, slight overlap with one side though.

headphone and charge socket are pretty much uncovered in the right places.

The buttons are totally usable, although covered.

It's this one...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=230411623707

piccys attached.

post-771311-1286835416_thumb.jpg

post-771311-1286835424_thumb.jpg

Guest ezablade
What the... is this now en vogue to happily change prices to 99£?

The first one posted is still (back) at 1.99. No clue why they're changing to 99 and back.

Presume it's a cheat by the sellers. They put one ad on for 5,000 of them, even if they only have 20 in stock, no charge from eBay for changing a price, but, they would be charged for listing 20 at a time, each ad costs an insert fee... so, charge £99 until they get some more, safe in the knowledge that nobody in their right mind would pay £99 for screen protectors!

Just a thought.

Made my buying history look scary though, 2 lots of £99 on there!

Guest meinnit
Presume it's a cheat by the sellers. They put one ad on for 5,000 of them, even if they only have 20 in stock, no charge from eBay for changing a price, but, they would be charged for listing 20 at a time, each ad costs an insert fee... so, charge £99 until they get some more, safe in the knowledge that nobody in their right mind would pay £99 for screen protectors!

Just a thought.

Made my buying history look scary though, 2 lots of £99 on there!

I do that too to avoid insertion fees :)

If someone was willing to pay £99 I'm sure the seller would go out of their way to fulfil the sale!

Guest jonesian
My case has arrived - it's ok, but I'd replace it if a custom one came along. snug fit on the ends, but the sides drop down a bit.

The camera hole is about in the right place, slight overlap with one side though.

headphone and charge socket are pretty much uncovered in the right places.

The buttons are totally usable, although covered.

It's this one...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=230411623707

piccys attached.

Just got one of these and can confirm it's hideous.

At least it hides the Orange logo.

As soon as someone makes a smooth silicone one for the SF, I will replace it - as long as it lasts that long!