Suitable Silicone Case & Screen Protector for San Francisco by Orange

Guest H2ohaZZ

Guest jonesian

Just bought one from Timeblast - cheers for the heads up everyone!

Will be eagerly awaiting the Postie for the next few days so I can finally junk the crappy one I had on mine.

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this (have searched and come up with nowt), but ecloths (which you can get from most supermarkets) are brilliant for cleaning your screen before applying a protector.

They're also excellent for cleaning your glasses if your a bit short-sighted like me...

Guest Lifeforms

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=190490363281

I got the one from there. Ordered on the 13th, posted on the 15th, and i got today. I dont mind paying the price of it including postage. Frankly it's still cheap. a Bog standard sock from tescos costs about £3-£6 anyway. Fits fine, can use all the buttons fine. Got a free screen protector (unneeded as yet) and a screen cleaner thingamajig.

My idea of a case is more to prevent the back from getting scratches. Drop a phone enough times and you'll get lucky and not so lucky. I have this argument with my parents who want skins on everything technology wise, then padded case, then a protective case too. Like the Kindle they have, by the time it's out the house, it's the size of a small laptop with everything on it :lol:

I'm still waiting for my white silicon case from Sohographer but I picked up some mirrored screen protectors from Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/PHONE-PROTECTION-P...456&sr=8-10

They're cheap as chips and fit really well. Just FYI.

BDV

hey have u put the mirrored screen protector on yet? how does it look? like in outside conditions? im interested in getting mirroed screen protectors but im guessin the sun light wont b a problem for me coz england has no sun ever!!!!!!

Guest FrantaZ

For all the big ebay sellers here: Timeblast etc. You must be making a fair few quid from your free adverting on these very busy forums, just wondered if you had looked into supporting this site? IE: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=an...;f=361&id=2

Thought it would be nice to see the main sellers giving a little back, after all you wouldn't be getting half the sales without MoDaCo. You could have a custom rank / title like 'site supporter' which may bring you even more sales. :lol:

Edited by FrantaZ

Guest clear sky

Looking to buy a case with a clip that can slip over my waist band, exactly like this one. I will use it to carry my phone around with me when I go for a jog etc. Any help is appreciated.

Guest Hurders

Can anybody recommend a screen protector that doesn't get all scratched up and need changing within a day?

I bought these - link but I've gone through 3 of them in 5 days because they just seem to get covered in scratches really easily. Not sure if its my fingers or my empty pockets causing the scratches?

Anyway, any recommendations on better more scratch resistant screen protectors? Would these do any better? - link

Guest Azurren
Looking to buy a case with a clip that can slip over my waist band, exactly like this one. I will use it to carry my phone around with me when I go for a jog etc. Any help is appreciated.

The blade fits snugly in any cases made for the desire :lol:

Guest john.smith

Ain't too sure your general usage but I thought screen protectors are more less of the same quality... esp. those you get from eBay?

Mine is from sohogopher (for free, of course) and I can make a short video to show that it still survives after scratching by keys and coins...

Can anybody recommend a screen protector that doesn't get all scratched up and need changing within a day?

I bought these - link but I've gone through 3 of them in 5 days because they just seem to get covered in scratches really easily. Not sure if its my fingers or my empty pockets causing the scratches?

Anyway, any recommendations on better more scratch resistant screen protectors? Would these do any better? - link

Guest Nandroid
I wouldn't risk that on a grey SF (not even on a white one) because the rubber coating may come off. You're way better off with an android sticker.

That's what I meant

Thanks for the feedback, wanted to buy some from "schutzfolien24". The are the same as "protectionfilms24". Some other users reported air bubbles with the cheap ones too. Could you try these? People did not complain.

Just received these in the post. Initial impressions are good. The quality is much, much better than the other ones I posted about, the application was a piece of pee and the fit was perfect.

Now just to see how well they stand up to the standard 'pocket test' :lol:

Guest Azurren
that's certainly good news sir! :)

Cases / pouches not gel / silicon skins of course :lol:

Don't want someone getting the wrong idea, buying a desire skin and raging at me

Guest Hurders
Ain't too sure your general usage but I thought screen protectors are more less of the same quality... esp. those you get from eBay?

Mine is from sohogopher (for free, of course) and I can make a short video to show that it still survives after scratching by keys and coins...

I've got a free one that I've not used yet that came with my Nillkin Jelly Case which I assume will be similar to yours. I've ordered a pouch case today so going to hold off putting the new screen protector on untill I get that.

I'd be interested to see that video, are you saying your screen protector is unscratched after the keys/coins abuse or just that it protects the screen underneath?

Guest m_w_clarke

The screen protector I got with my Nillkin ZTE gel case are 100% better than the original ones I got to fir a Samsung i900. The Samsungs ones scratched really easily, were quite thick (so touch screen sensitivity dropped off the chart).

These Nillkin ones are really good. I dont notice its there and it stays crystal clear.

Highly recommended!

Guest Rotmann
Just received these in the post. Initial impressions are good. The quality is much, much better than the other ones I posted about, the application was a piece of pee and the fit was perfect.

Now just to see how well they stand up to the standard 'pocket test' :lol:

Thanks for your feedback. Waiting anxiously to see if they survive the test :)

Guest jonesian

Just got my new case, quick delivery and well packed thanks!.

Case fit is quite snug, BUT the USB keeps popping out, so I'm either going to have to go and buy a craft knife and make the cut out bigger or keep taking the case off and on to insert the USB - surely this will stretch the case?

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Guest Late555

Still waiting for mine from sohogopher, ordered 14th Jan... I knew there'd be a longer wait than if I'd got one from Timeblast or anywhere else "local", but two weeks should be long enough to get it from HK to UK...

Edited by Late555

Case fit is quite snug, BUT the USB keeps popping out, so I'm either going to have to go and buy a craft knife and make the cut out bigger or keep taking the case off and on to insert the USB - surely this will stretch the case?

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Yes, but it depends which lead I use. Some are OK and others just fall out. The metal plugs are all the same length so it must be small differences in width. In any case, it's obvious the plugs aren't going in as far as they are supposed to so it is an issue. I may try shaving some case off near the socket (rather than cutting a much bigger hole).

Yes, but it depends which lead I use. Some are OK and others just fall out. The metal plugs are all the same length so it must be small differences in width. In any case, it's obvious the plugs aren't going in as far as they are supposed to so it is an issue. I may try shaving some case off near the socket (rather than cutting a much bigger hole).

I have the same problem with the lead falling out with 3 out of the 4 different cables I have - the 4th one has a longer metal plug than standard. I need to push the other 3 in quite hard and then be careful not move the phone at all. It is a pity because the Nillkin case is pretty good otherwise.

Guest jonesian
I have the same problem with the lead falling out with 3 out of the 4 different cables I have - the 4th one has a longer metal plug than standard. I need to push the other 3 in quite hard and then be careful not move the phone at all. It is a pity because the Nillkin case is pretty good otherwise.

Yeah, apart from this one major design fault it would be ideal, but unfortunately it's not.

FAIL ;)

Can anyone report if the sohogopher ones are any better?

I've just spent some time with a craft knife and it was fairly easy to cut away some of the plastic around the micro USB plug on one of my leads. It now fits securely into the Blade with the case still on. I prefer doing it this way rather than cutting a bigger hole in the case.

Guest Len Ash
Still waiting for mine from sohogopher, ordered 14th Jan... I knew there'd be a longer wait than if I'd got one from Timeblast or anywhere else "local", but two weeks should be long enough to get it from HK to UK...

Me too.... Jeez

I have a white one from TB and it's OK, but the power button "moulding" is badly placed and an arse to press.... and the mic is covered. Folk complain that I'm muffled. But nowt a drill can't fix. Hopefully Nillkin will retool.

Edited by Len Ash