Suitable Silicone Case & Screen Protector for San Francisco by Orange

Guest H2ohaZZ

Guest john.smith

I will soon have the news that won't disappoint you. Allow 24 hours for it. ;)

The black resin case from sohogopher on ebay is just what I want. Shame its no longer on.

Guest Sushimaster

After thinking where to buy from and from the views on this forum. i really didn't want to wait 2+ weeks for my case to arrive so i bought from Timeblast before his listing ended. I also notice he has a new listing up with his last white cases. He says that more greys and blues are coming, though he didn't say whether there will be more whites. Seems that postage for buying multiples has gone down too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=270701045327

Guest Azurren
Hi,

This is my first post. I went for the Nokia E71 Case from Ebay. It fits really good and probably is the best fitting case made so far. Here is the link for it ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...%3D1&_rdc=1

I have also uploaded a few pictures of it. Hope it helps ;)

I got one of those but it seems to put a lot of stress on the power button and doesn't fit into the bottom well (Putting a lot of pressure on one tiny bit of rubber coating)

Headphones don't fit out of the box but overall a good case for the money (It's a budget phone, I'm not going to pay £7 odd for a "Half case")

I got one of those but it seems to put a lot of stress on the power button and doesn't fit into the bottom well (Putting a lot of pressure on one tiny bit of rubber coating)

Headphones don't fit out of the box but overall a good case for the money (It's a budget phone, I'm not going to pay £7 odd for a "Half case")

[/quo

Hi,

I would sugest that you cut a little hole in the top which should make it easer to access to the power button. As for the pressure part at the botton rubber part I personaly think that it is not to bad. But for the price of a quid a think it's doing the job allright. ;)

Just got my new case, quick delivery and well packed thanks!.

Case fit is quite snug, BUT the USB keeps popping out, so I'm either going to have to go and buy a craft knife and make the cut out bigger or keep taking the case off and on to insert the USB - surely this will stretch the case?

Has anyone else had the same problem?

In case people are interested, I tried a micro USB lead for a Blackberry from quick-post-phones on ebay for slightly over a quid. The plastic moulding on the micro USB end is fairly soft making it easy to chop off a mm or so with a Stanley knife, resulting in a longer micro USB plug which is a perfect fit into the San Francisco with a Nillkin case in place. The cable is thick and I've tested that it can fully charge the phone from a mains USB adapter and also from a New Trent power pack (some micro USB cables I have tried only work for data transfer and will not charge the phone completely).

Guest uotinam

Purchased a Hard Silicon Case from EBAY.... its GREAT!!!!! the rubber silicon thing I had for some nokia was a waste of time... cost around £5 inc delivery and came with 2 screen protectors (and a screen cleaner trinket thing)

ZTE V880 "Super Cool"

Made or from Nillkin

Enjoy...

;)

In case people are interested, I tried a micro USB lead for a Blackberry from quick-post-phones on ebay for slightly over a quid. The plastic moulding on the micro USB end is fairly soft making it easy to chop off a mm or so with a Stanley knife, resulting in a longer micro USB plug which is a perfect fit into the San Francisco with a Nillkin case in place. The cable is thick and I've tested that it can fully charge the phone from a mains USB adapter and also from a New Trent power pack (some micro USB cables I have tried only work for data transfer and will not charge the phone completely).

Yes, I really think trimming the microUSB plug is the way to go. Have you got a link for the ebay store selling these?

Got a generic Samsung i900 screen protector for £2.99 and a generic Nokia E72 leather look magnetic flip case with solid backing clip in interior for £6.99 from the local accessory shop in the shopping mall. There were a couple of stalls also selling them. Only button that isnt accessable is the volume down key.

Edited by kar999

Guest Cloud Warrior
I will soon have the news that won't disappoint you. Allow 24 hours for it. ;)

50 are back on ebay. Got my order in. I just hope I don't end up returning the phone due to issues now.

Guest m_w_clarke
It's like a squeegy

Dunno if you are talking about the same thing, but the thing that comes with the Nilkin cases is a screen cleaner that acts kind of like a small static clothes brush, to get the finger prints off.

Guest MIKEYMC
how is it a screen cleaner???

The all black side is a padded bit of micro fibre/lint free cloth. Its actually quite good. Doubt it lasts long before its clogged up and makes the screen worse.

Guest Shake-e
QUOTE(john.smith @ Feb 3 2011, 17:25)

It's back on for sale now

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=190498149787

Just ordered +1! Great to have it in Black. Transparent looks a bit geeky to me..

Haven't been shopping much on ebay, and it was rather difficult to order two articles in same shipment/postage - i tried to "put in cart" 1 jelly case bk + 2 x screen protectors, but it takes two different postages? why? anyway, somehow i managed to make those screen protectors disappear from payment window..

Guest Sushimaster
Just ordered +1! Great to have it in Black. Transparent looks a bit geeky to me..

Haven't been shopping much on ebay, and it was rather difficult to order two articles in same shipment/postage - i tried to "put in cart" 1 jelly case bk + 2 x screen protectors, but it takes two different postages? why? anyway, somehow i managed to make those screen protectors disappear from payment window..

Since John Smith confirmed that the nillkin cases both the uk seller and the hong kong seller are same product, that would mean his description of the product is misleading and you have bought a transparent grey case rather than a black one. I have been reading on here how some people are requesting a black one but from the nillkin insert that was included with my case, there is no black colour...

Also if you look carefully at sohogopher's previous CNY sale, it was limiting people to one case only and they got rid of the fast delivery model since you needed to buy 2 to get it. so if that is correct from my estimation it would mean since he lists from the 3rd and despatches on the 7th plus the backlog from chinese new year, some people are in for a long wait....

Since John Smith confirmed that the nillkin cases both the uk seller and the hong kong seller are same product, that would mean his description of the product is misleading and you have bought a transparent grey case rather than a black one.

Although the title says the case is black the listing itself says "This is for smoked grey only".

Guest Shake-e
Although the title says the case is black the listing itself says "This is for smoked grey only".

Well i assume i've been misled by the picture of the item? It was obvious, when looking the picture, that the case was black, NOT transparent. Item description text (listing itself) should not overrule the item picture (actual picture+picture text), right? So after I've received the case, and it turns out to be transparent/grey, I ought to have my money back?

Guest TonyLeMesmer
Well i assume i've been misled by the picture of the item? It was obvious, when looking the picture, that the case was black, NOT transparent. Item description text (listing itself) should not overrule the item picture (actual picture+picture text), right? So after I've received the case, and it turns out to be transparent/grey, I ought to have my money back?

If you look at the pictures you can clearly see the orange logo showing through on the back.

Guest Timeblast

Hi,

I have just put up new stock of Grey and Blue cases here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=270701871291 for Grey

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=270701872592 for Blue

For domestic shipping I have reduced postage for additional cases from £1 to 50p

For shipping to Europe I had to increase postage from £5.75 to £6 for the first case but reduced postage for additional cases from £2.50 to £1.50 to compensate.

Orders will be shipped out from 7th Feb.