[OLED+TFT] 30/Nov 2.5.1.3: ClockworkMod Recovery

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fonix232

Paul, wouldn't it be possible to simply "swap" around the screen? I mean, to tamper into the drawing process, and draw the stuff reverse.

/* By the way first I thought this problem is because some loading mechanism is different in the Blade (first I only heard about reverse bootlogo) but looks like you are right about the upside-down welding. */

By the way, could someone please confirm, if this bug is in the Hungarian version too (LCD-TFT screen, less RAM), or just the official Orange San Francisco?

Edited by fonix232

Guest Lemppari

nvrmind...

Heh, you answered before I edited the comment away. I found a small thread on it at the Forum. But still, thanks for answerring.

...spend a couple of hours pounding my head to a wall because of this, but good to know a fix is on it's way :P

Edited by Lemppari

Guest fonix232
This is a bug in clockworkmod recovery apparently, i'll be updating my ROM tomorrow in order to work around it.

P

So basically it is just the bug of CWM? Then why the bootsplash displays upside down too? Or is it because of a kernel/hboot/boot/recovery problem?

Guest Lemppari

BTW,

Dare I ask a "noob" question?

In case like this, when the Recovery console is a bit bugged, is it dangerous to flash the ROM with fastboot or do I face a chance that It could damage the recovery and a nand-restore would be impossible, hence bricking my device?

I'm the provider or the new 2.2 system files.

My blade can not boot to recovery now, because I had never backup my orginal recovery,and the 2.5.0.9 and 2.5.1.3 recovery are not work on my blade.(my blade's recovery size is 5MB.)Can you help me to fix it? Thanks very much~

Edited by Paul

Thanks for all the hard work on this paul....

New version of clockwork (2.5.1.3) will install and backup fine however on my blade it hass issues flashing update.zip type files.... rolled back to 2.5.0.9

PS. did you see my PM??

Thanks...

Edited by adamsy

Guest Arr Too
I'm the provider or the new 2.2 system files.

My blade can not boot to recovery now

:P

because I had never backup my orginal recovery,and the 2.5.0.9 and 2.5.1.3 recovery are not work on my blade.

Sounds like your Blade (V880?) is quite different in some parts. Your best option may be to find someone else who has the same phone and ask them to create a copy of the recovery partition for you. I suspect that those who have created and modified ClockwordMod would also be interested in a copy of that image, to see what the changes are.

The problem with the update zips is that they are using an 'old update script'... (update-script vs updater-script), combined with a bug in clockworkmod itself.

Once @koush fixes the base code, we can drop a new release straight away. :P

P

Guest TheScrub
Thanks for all the hard work on this paul....

New version of clockwork (2.5.1.3) will install and backup fine however on my blade it hass issues flashing update.zip type files.... rolled back to 2.5.0.9

+1

:P

Sounds like your Blade (V880?) is quite different in some parts. Your best option may be to find someone else who has the same phone and ask them to create a copy of the recovery partition for you. I suspect that those who have created and modified ClockwordMod would also be interested in a copy of that image, to see what the changes are.

Finally I got this recovery image.

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=66669

After flash this image into my blade, it can boot to FTM mode.

Is it different from yours?

Without ClockworkMod Recovery, how can I backup/restore my system?

Guest Arr Too
Is it different from yours?

Yes, it looks like it is very different (although I'm not an expert).

Without ClockworkMod Recovery, how can I backup/restore my system?

ClockworkMod makes things easier, but you can use raw stuff like "dd" to backup the recovery and boot partitions, and maybe "tar" to do the system partition. You should be able to do the reverse to restore, but that'll require a working system so you may find it easier to use fastboot to flash images -- so you'd also create a "dd" image of the system partition (and if you want to extract the files in this image you can use the "unyaffs" tool).

Guest ScaredyCat
Known Issues

[*]The display is upside down. This is a quirk of the Blade, but i've reversed the up / down buttons so it doesn't really matter. :P

Can you clarify what you mean by upside down. Is this only in recovery or is it in general use?

Ta,

SC

Guest Monty HD

Hi,

Can someone maybe tell me as to why this isn't installing fastboot onto my SF?

Screenshot attached.

I have the cmd prmt at the right folder on my desktop, but when I enter CD fastboot-windows etc, I keep getting the same error and it is really getting annoying, now!

I'm at my wit's end so if anyone can help, I will be forever grateful.

Thanks!

post-796291-1291238712_thumb.jpg

Guest bugmenot
Hi,

Can someone maybe tell me as to why this isn't installing fastboot onto my SF?

Screenshot attached.

I have the cmd prmt at the right folder on my desktop, but when I enter CD fastboot-windows etc, I keep getting the same error and it is really getting annoying, now!

I'm at my wit's end so if anyone can help, I will be forever grateful.

Thanks!

'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img'

Guest Monty HD
Don't put in CD. CD is used to change directory.

Cheers man, unfortunately it now just states 'error: cannot load recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img'

Guest Monty HD
Type "dir" and post another screenshot.

Have now figured it out and it is now stating (in command prompt) 'waiting for device' but has been like that for about half an hour. Is that normal?

Hi. When I install the ROM it gets as far as:

Formatting BOOT:...

E:Board does not support mtd utils.E:Failure at line 420

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

My just sticks at the android when I turn it on now.

When I try to install a stock image I get the same message (except it's line 77)

Can anyone help me out please?