[OLED+TFT] 30/Nov 2.5.1.3: ClockworkMod Recovery

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Monty HD

Hi eveyone,

First of all, i would like to say thanks to you all for all of them help in flashing my San Fran. It's all done fine now.

One query I do have though is that it seems to be running at the same speed as it did when it was running the original Orange Android. Angry Birds is practically unplayable on the more hectic levels. Have I done something wrong?

I am running the Modaco r4 via Clockwork..

Guest misterLjay
Hi eveyone,

First of all, i would like to say thanks to you all for all of them help in flashing my San Fran. It's all done fine now.

One query I do have though is that it seems to be running at the same speed as it did when it was running the original Orange Android. Angry Birds is practically unplayable on the more hectic levels. Have I done something wrong?

I am running the Modaco r4 via Clockwork..

I'd give up on the full version of Angry Birds on the Blade, I uninstalled mine. Angry Birds Lite is still in Beta I think, the final version should be coming soon. That should play alot better, I personally have not tried the Beta yet.

Guest fonix232
MCR releases are now updated to be ClockworkMod 2.5.1.3+ compatible.

P

Any hope for a new CWM release for the Blade, with fixed boot flasher and SD card partitioning?

I'd give up on the full version of Angry Birds on the Blade, I uninstalled mine. Angry Birds Lite is still in Beta I think, the final version should be coming soon. That should play alot better, I personally have not tried the Beta yet.

play it in airplane mode, very playable!

Any hope for a new CWM release for the Blade, with fixed boot flasher and SD card partitioning?

I partitioned my San Francisco using ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.3 last night, created a 1024mb ext partition for use with A2SD on the R4 Rom, worked perfectly.

Guest Phil001
just download directly on your phone to sd card then

terminal

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

reboot

Is this an ok way to update from my older version of clockwork (v2.5.0.9 Modaco R2)?

if so do i just use 'Android Terminal Emulator' form the market?

& is it necessary to update clockwork to install future roms etc?

Thanks all

Guest fonix232
I partitioned my San Francisco using ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.3 last night, created a 1024mb ext partition for use with A2SD on the R4 Rom, worked perfectly.

Mine reports (both 2.5.0.9 and 2.5.1.3) that the mem card can not be formatted :S I've even formatted it under windows into a simple FAT32 drive, and retried, no luck :S

Guest WildThing86

Hi,

First time checking this site. I just got a ZTE Blade San Francisco (no idea if it's AMOLED or not). Anyway, the 2 links above don't work for me. They both direct me to "http://www.modaco.com/". Is this right, or am I being a total noob?

EDIT: Never mind, I've done it. Looking forward to trying out this custom ROM!

Cheers

Edited by Paul

Guys I need help big time.

I have the recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade file sitting in a folder that I created, named "Fastboot" which includes the zipped fastboot files.

I just cant for the life of me get it to run in Command Prompt.

Any help please ?????

post-792163-1291847303_thumb.jpg

Guys I need help big time.

I have the recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade file sitting in a folder that I created, named "Fastboot" which includes the zipped fastboot files.

I just cant for the life of me get it to run in Command Prompt.

Any help please ?????

You need to extract the files from fastboot.zip

The file IS extracted. Sorry.

OK

looking more closely the path is incorrect.

Either navigate to the directory in which fastboot resides then type the command or create a new directory in the root of C: called android and copy everything, from your existing directory, to there.

Then in the dos command window

type cd c:\android and press return

type fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img and press return

Guest ChronoCross

I followed all the installation steps but when I connect the phone to the computer and typed in "fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img" my command prompt only says "<Waiting for device>". Nothing happens. Any idea why that is?

Thanks

Guest tyrol_gangster

Apologies for a silly question, but just to make 100% sure... I am running a custom ROM "A" with some apps added some removed and wanna try out custom ROM "B" (Froyo). Ok, will install it, wipe cache and data, reinstall apps, play around. Then if I don't like it is restoring a backup done by CMR the ONLY thing required to fully revert all changes or do I still need to reflash ROM "A" and add/remove apps etc?

Hi! My first post here.. I have a silly question:

In order to install ClockworkMod the San Francisco must be rooted or have a custom rom?

A yes or no would be nice.. ;)

OK

looking more closely the path is incorrect.

Either navigate to the directory in which fastboot resides then type the command or create a new directory in the root of C: called android and copy everything, from your existing directory, to there.

Then in the dos command window

type cd c:\android and press return

type fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img and press return

Thanks mate.

I did the same thing last night and it worked.

Thanks for the reply anyhow ;)

I followed all the installation steps but when I connect the phone to the computer and typed in "fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img" my command prompt only says "<Waiting for device>". Nothing happens. Any idea why that is?

Thanks

power down the phone and then hold the UP VOLUME button and power up again

that goes into fastboot mode

i find this a useful vid to watch .... remember to change fastboot-mac to fastboot-windows or fastboot-linux as per your needs (not forgetting the hyphen)

hope this helps

remember that when youre flashing the boot sector its .... fastboot-mac flash boot boot.blade.superboot.mcri.r3.img

when youre flashing the recovery sector its .....................fastboot-mac flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img

edit file names as appropriate

later when you want to boot to recovery mode ... powerdown the phone and then hold the DOWN VOLUME button and powerup again

Edited by jzaw