[OLED+TFT] 30/Nov 2.5.1.3: ClockworkMod Recovery

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest super san francisco

after flashing CMR 2.5.1.3. the phone is soooo slow. apart from that, i get an FC of Rom Manager right after boot...

what did i do wrong...

EDIT: i flashed the old recovery, nothing got better, i reverted to my backup, nothing got better. i think about reflashing the rom from scratch... i somehow get the impression, that it screwed up somewhat deeper...

EDIT2: THANK whoever, after a longer poweroff, suddenly everything reverted to normal procedures again...

Edited by super san francisco

Need bit of help. My windows XP laptop has got USB 1.1 and not USB 2.0.

Currently I have installed windows XP USB drivers as per the instructions on the URL given below.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...te-usb-drivers/

As per the instructions on the current thread I'm installing ClockworkMod Recovery but as soon as I run the command 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img' windows XP just crashes with Blue screen. There is nothing much in the Event log, it says the following.

Error code 000000fe, parameter1 00000005, parameter2 82a410e0, parameter3 80862482, parameter4 820dd180.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any idea what's going wrong? I have installed Windows steady state on my machine, could that cause any issues?

I have tried to turn off the Antivirus and run the command but get the same crash.

Really appreciate any help!

Edited by AndyMG

Guest tyrol_gangster
Apologies for a silly question, but just to make 100% sure... I am running a custom ROM "A" with some apps added some removed and wanna try out custom ROM "B" (Froyo). Ok, will install it, wipe cache and data, reinstall apps, play around. Then if I don't like it is restoring a backup done by CMR the ONLY thing required to fully revert all changes or do I still need to reflash ROM "A" and add/remove apps etc?

anyone, please?

last night i dived deeper into the subject and found out, that it was actually the high cpu usage issue appearing right after flashing the recovery. i reverted to the older recovery with no positive effect. as i read in the thread about the cpu issue, i tried a suggestion from there, doing a factory reset. it helped, but maybe someone could try and relate things.

how can the recovery flashing cause the cpu issue...?

EDIT: also, after flashing recovery, even after downgrading, i ALWAYS get an FC for Rommanager right at the boot up...

even after reinstalling, it always appears.

Edited by super san francisco

Hi, just got my white sf (tft) and wanted to install clockwork but it comes up with a grey rectangle with the words 'FTM' as I power up from cold (after replacing battery and powering up with vol down!), any ideas?

Guest Gerson2k
Hi, just got my white sf (tft) and wanted to install clockwork but it comes up with a grey rectangle with the words 'FTM' as I power up from cold (after replacing battery and powering up with vol down!), any ideas?

From Paul's instructions:

Step by step install instructions

Download 2.5.1.3 ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 0733acd513717f2dc7ee08809bd7ea20

Download fastboot if you do not have it already.

Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.

Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume up' held. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen.

Plug the phone into the PC.

Extract the fastboot zip file.

From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

Done!

I've highlighted where I think you've made a mistake.

The volume down is for entering the recovery mode once you've sucessfully installed.

You need to pull the battery to come out of FTM.

Edited by Gerson2k

In which case we can flash stock recovery back!

P

I've installed clock work, but need to take back to the shop as my touch-screen doesn't work even when flashed from the stock B08.

I'd like to restore the stock recovery instead of clockwork before I return to the shop - please could someone tell me where I can download the stock recovery - i haven't found it yet, but I keep looking.

Thanks

Guest yekxmerr

Is there a newbie guide here in this forum ? Im new to android ( i have some good knowledge on iphone and WM devices ) , but im trying to find the purpose of this Recovery tool, my guess is a tool that allows you to flash custom roms and backup, but i would like to find some F.A.Q on this Android stuff.

Thanks

Btw im very happy with my blade it doesnt lag on angry birds with stock rom :)

I get an error in the recovery:

when trying to wipe dalvik cache it does it, however there is the following line of code

E: can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0Op2

after a short pause, however it goes on and the next line says, dalvik cache wiped...

besides, i posted some posts ago, that flashing the new recovery caused the high cpu usage issue.

could anyone try to explain to me, why it appears in exactly that case?

could flashing the recovery cause some trouble in the system?

as i said, i tried a lot, just a full wipe brought some help, however after trying to push CM APN list onto my phone it appeared again....strange, plz i need help with this.

greetz

Guest Simon O
besides, i posted some posts ago, that flashing the new recovery caused the high cpu usage issue.

could anyone try to explain to me, why it appears in exactly that case?

could flashing the recovery cause some trouble in the system?

It is impossible for the recovery image to cause high CPU usage in the system. When you boot into Android the phone doesn't touch the recovery image, which is ONLY loaded if you hold down the volume key.

Guest Phil001
"just download directly on your phone to sd card then

terminal

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

reboot"

Is this an ok way to update from my older version of clockwork (v2.5.0.9 Modaco R2)?

if so do i just use 'Android Terminal Emulator' form the market?

& is it necessary to update clockwork to install future roms etc?

Thanks all

Anyone help me out here?

Cheers

Edited by Phil001

It is impossible for the recovery image to cause high CPU usage in the system. When you boot into Android the phone doesn't touch the recovery image, which is ONLY loaded if you hold down the volume key.

How have i caused the cpu issue then? Never had it before...My guess was, that it wrecked something in the System Besides i fixed it in various ways, wiping, reflashing the rom, sometimes restoring a backup.

i'm no dev though, would be nice, if somebody, who knows his way around, could look into it.

which part of System breaks, when i for example try to adb push cm apn list.

it didn't work, but instead i got cpu issue...

Guest hecatae
Is this an ok way to update from my older version of clockwork (v2.5.0.9 Modaco R2)?

if so do i just use 'Android Terminal Emulator' form the market?

& is it necessary to update clockwork to install future roms etc?

Thanks all

that's what worked for me

Guest miksmith

Sorry for being a noob, but Ive been following the install instructions for clockwork mod to look at putting a new ROM on and wondered if I need to install the Windows USB drivers for Android before I can run fastboot. At the moment the device is detected but there are no drivers for it.

Or is there another way?? I looked at Rom Manager in market place but that doesnt seem to support the Blade...

thanks for any pointers

mike

Anyone help?

I recently bought a San Francisco and just followed the instruction step-by-step to root the phone. Everything goes well .... flash ... then reboot ... but the funny thing is the android logo becomes blue which should be green and the main screen colour is also very strange. Is that because my phone has TFT screen? Another problem is that when I leave the phone a while and the screen is automatically off, I can't light it on again.

Is there anyone can help me?

Guest asdfdsaddaasdas
Anyone help?

I recently bought a San Francisco and just followed the instruction step-by-step to root the phone. Everything goes well .... flash ... then reboot ... but the funny thing is the android logo becomes blue which should be green and the main screen colour is also very strange. Is that because my phone has TFT screen? Another problem is that when I leave the phone a while and the screen is automatically off, I can't light it on again.

Is there anyone can help me?

I have exactly the same problem. On a ZTE Blade (greek version)

Guest radeonuk
I have exactly the same problem. On a ZTE Blade (greek version)

This is because you are using the rom version r4, go flash it with rom version r3 found on pauls post and it will resolve your problem. I had the same issue and this fixed it.

Guest Cronnix

When I install the files, the CMD comes up for a sec with some text and then vanishes, then nothing. Is it working as intended, or I am doing something wrong? :)

Guest Phil001
that's what worked for me

thanks for the reply.

And do i need to update in order to be able to flash new roms

Or can i still flash new roms using the old clockwork?

cheers

Guest hecatae
thanks for the reply.

And do i need to update in order to be able to flash new roms

Or can i still flash new roms using the old clockwork?

cheers

you can still flash new roms using old clockwork

[*]From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

[*]When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

q1) I have downloaded the files on Windows 7 PC. Then when I try to use Win Zip to extract onto the SD Card it says "only supports IMG files that are in ISO format", I tried using 7-zip and no joy using that, so how can I extract the file?

q2) Apologies, I am a newbie, how do I get to the Command prompt? Is there a video available on Youtube of the whole process or some screen shots?

thanks so much for your help it's really appreciated