[OLED+TFT] 30/Nov 2.5.1.3: ClockworkMod Recovery

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest blackbear145

Hi installed clockwork mod and rooted the phone. I iave wemt into recovery a few times already but when I tried to go into recovery mode by pressing the power button and volume down it just sits on the green Android. Can I just re-install the clockwork recovery?

Can't get past the first hurdle. lol

carl@Mint ~/zte/fastboot $ ls

adb-linux  AdbWinApi.dll	AdbWinUsbApi.dll  fastboot-mac		  __MACOSX

adb-mac	adb-windows.exe  fastboot-linux	fastboot-windows.exe

carl@Mint ~/zte/fastboot $ sudo fastboot-linux

sudo: fastboot-linux: command not found

i have checked and the file is definitely executable.

Running linux Mint 10 which is basically ubuntu 10.10

Thanks

Edited by c-m

Guest alcot33uk

Hi All,

Newbie here (and ginger......).

I've downloaded all the right things and put the phone into the right mode, when I extract the fastboot.zip windows file the cmd window opens, scrools up and then dissapears.... Where am I going wrong? (using win 7 64 bit).

Thanks chaps

Alex

Guest alshanky
can someone tell me how to download this file linked to as DOWNLOAD??

i've been trying for hours now. :( it directs me to the main page..

are there any mirrors?

I've been trying to download as well and it redirects to the loadbalancer and it keeps on asking me to enter phrases in a loop that seems to be never ending..

Any issues?

Hi eveyone,

First of all, i would like to say thanks to you all for all of them help in flashing my San Fran. It's all done fine now.

One query I do have though is that it seems to be running at the same speed as it did when it was running the original Orange Android. Angry Birds is practically unplayable on the more hectic levels. Have I done something wrong?

I am running the Modaco r4 via Clockwork..

How did you end up getting clockwork recovery installed? I'm getting exactly the same error as you on my friends san fran.

Guest hiramani
I tried to install Clockwork Mod. But I have a big problem.

If I insert my Akku while holding the +-Key pressed, nothing happens.

If tried it 20 times or more, but to put the phone on is no problem. The +/- Keys works well in Android, if i use them.

Any ideas?

thanks

I think you are stuck in saunalahti logo. so, Just hold the button for little longer then continue with the process. then you will get the clockwork mod recovery working.

Guest The Governor

Sorry for the noob question, I've had a dig around but can't find the answer easily... I'm trying to install Clockwork 2.5.0.9 via fastboot as epr the instructions but when I run the string form the command line (I'm running Windows 7) I get

"Fastboot-windows is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

The command line I'm doing is "fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img"

I'm sure there's an answer out there somewhere,and I just can't find it :(

Thanks in advance for any help guy, sorry to start with a dumb question.

Edited by The Governor

Sorry for the noob question, I've had a dig around but can't find the answer easily... I'm trying to install Clockwork 2.5.0.9 via fastboot as epr the instructions but when I run the string form the command line (I'm running Windows 7) I get

"Fastboot-windows is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

The command line I'm doing is "fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img"

I'm sure there's an answer out there somewhere,and I just can't find it :(

Thanks in advance for any help guy, sorry to start with a dumb question.

Fastboot-windows is a program (which was in the fastboot zip). When at the command line, you need to be in the same folder as the program that you're trying to run (or you can tell windows where to find it - but just navigate to the right place by using the command "cd <folder_name>" [cd = "change directory"]). So you need to use "cd" to go to the folder that you unzipped the fastboot zip into.

Hope that makes sense.

Guest flavio88

Hi

It´s my first post fot first :( I buy a San Francisco here in my country (portugal) and i want to play with it, but first i want do do the recovery. I followed all the steps but i´m not sure if i did it right. i got up to the step where the screen stays with the andoid´s logo without any difficult, but the worts was then. How was i supposed load the image.img? I did it with daemon tools ;) (stupid i guess). So can you explain to me like I was a kid of 4 years old?

All that I can say is what i did was. emuled the images, and run fastboot.windows. Then i turn off the phone and everything is like it was...Normal

If someone could help me i will be very gratefull

PS: Sorry for my english. My teachers sucks

Hey all,

Wondering if you can help me out here, I'm trying to install ClockworkMod Recovery onto my Blade however whenever I plug in my Blade on the debug screen I get nothing, I've installed the SDK for Android to try and get it to recognise the Blade but nothing is doing, can anyone help me out here?

Thanks,

Coombes.

Guest StevenHarperUK
I got it to work! But how do you know if it is rooted? I can start it in Clockwork recovery mode but is it ready for a ROM yet?

Once you are in Clockwork you can install any ROM

Some come pre rooted, others you can root yourself.

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Guest veehexx

BUG:

using clockwork 2.5.0.9/2.5.1.3, if you rename a backup folder and it contains regular brackets (eg: "bladevillian110rls4(29-12-2010)"), then clockwork will return an MD5 mismatch even though the rename will work sucessfully. seems to be an issue with the md5 tool used and the way it uses brackets.

so, it either needs to be fixed, or users need to know about it...