[OLED+TFT] 30/Nov 2.5.1.3: ClockworkMod Recovery

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest handgranat
Hmm the first step "Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume up' held. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen." dont work on my Blade the phone just starts as usual.. Any ideas ??

Same for me! Tried to boot with and without SIM-card, tried to insert the USB-cable during the "green android"-screen and ran the fastboot command - just continues, never stops at the green-screen.

The phone was very recently bought from a Telia-store in Sweden.

Paul: if you need any info about this particular phone I'm happy to pass that over! (but please heeelp us! :P )

Guest dave-o99

I would appreciate some help here. Trying to do this so i can de-orange my San Fran and install 2.2, and it is driving me mad.

I have done plenty of this kind of stuff in the past - running homebrew on PSPs etc etc., so i hope it's not just me being stupid.

To be clear, this is a new ZTA/SanFran. All i have done is set date/time and installed the USB drivers (all 3 of which seemed to install fine). I do not have access to WiFi currently and do not want to connect to 3G so i am doing all of this with compuer/USB.

Specifically:

•Download 2.5.1.3 ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 0733acd513717f2dc7ee08809bd7ea20

•Download fastboot if you do not have it already.

•Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.

•Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume up' held. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen.

OK, all fine. Nothing too challenging here! Little green android is watching me.

For info, i copied both those files to the root of the SD card. Right?

•Plug the phone into the PC.

I think i can manage that. However, on my PC in the "safety remove" interface i can see "AMB Android Fastloaded interface" but it does not show any components and there is no SD card visibly in my drives like there is when it's in normal mode.

•Extract the fastboot zip file.

Erm, what? Extract it how? I can do nothing on the green android screen and i can't see how i'd do this through my PC as there is no SD card drive showing.

•From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.3-blade.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

A command prompt where? On the PC or the phone? And how, if your SD card isn't showing?

•When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

•Done!

Would love to!

Any help appreciated.

also, Jorgen and handgranat; try holding the "volume up" key in for a bit linger after pressing the power. If you let go of it quickly it seems to boot normally.

Edited by dave-o99

Guest dave-o99

Wow, no replies?

Anyway i have got a bit further.

Phone is now rooted, fastboot set up and clockwork flashed.

However, when i try to boot to clockwork it just stays on the green android screen. I'm holding the "down" volume and turning it on but it never gets past the green android, and i have to remove the battery if i want to turn it off as none of the buttons do anything. This is exactly the same as happens when booting to the bootloader ("up" volume and turn on).

Any ideas? I can's get any further at the minute.

Guest Andremariz

Hi,

after all installed i get the green screen and no options. What can i do at this point. i tride with rom manager, tried de power vol down and always get the green sreen and nothing else.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Hi,

after all installed i get the green screen and no options. What can i do at this point. i tride with rom manager, tried de power vol down and always get the green sreen and nothing else.

If you can adb to your phone then you could try issuing the command adb reboot recovery

See if that helps at all :huh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest gege001

Hi guys! Please someone help me! my usb port is broken, so i can't connect my phone to the computer. is there any other way to install this recovery on my phone?

Guest oh!dougal
Hi guys! Please someone help me! my usb port is broken, so i can't connect my phone to the computer. is there any other way to install this recovery on my phone?

Two different aspects to the answer.

1/ There's no good reason to select this old version of Clockwork.

2/ You can install stuff (recovery, and if you wish, boot and system firmware, etc as well) by the technique called TPT (Total Phone Transfer or Transplant).

Put the right stuff in the right place on your sdcard, reboot the right way, and it installs.

Without usb, you either need to remove the sdcard and put stuff onto it using your computer, or download the stuff (wifi/3g) direct onto your phone.

Plenty of info elsewhere on the forum. Search for TPT.

2.5.1.3 is old.

This thread should be history.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest PraveenVS

Hi,

I installed the clockwork 2.5.1.3. But after installing it, my san fransisco went inverted screen in the clockwork mode.

and i tried to install the ROM, but i am getting error.

I am not able to use my mobile as it is not booting now.

Please help !!!!

Guest omondisingh

Hey guys. I am having problems booting into the green android guy and keeping it there so i can install fastboot and clockworkmod recovery. I have the white one but with a G1 system with a TFT screen. the problem is when i press the power and volume (+) keys it just boots straight to the o.s. I tried Power and volume (-) but it comes up with and image saying FTW or something. I need Urgent help please. Thanks guys.

Guest Michealtbh
Hey guys. I am having problems booting into the green android guy and keeping it there so i can install fastboot and clockworkmod recovery. I have the white one but with a G1 system with a TFT screen. the problem is when i press the power and volume (+) keys it just boots straight to the o.s. I tried Power and volume (-) but it comes up with and image saying FTW or something. I need Urgent help please. Thanks guys.

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...zte-blade-gen1/

• 1 month later...
Guest CrystalLettuce

IT doesn't work. I tried holding down the volume button, both up and down, and it just boots up normally. This is immensely frustrating.

Guest ILUB

i could not conduct the forth step...

'turn the phone back on with 'volume up' held'

i held on to volume up while turning on the phone, but the green android did not stay.

What's wrong??????

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest joe steel

I am having some problems trying to do this on my mums ZTE Blade; when I power on with the 'up' button pressed, the phone still boots as normal? WTF am I doing wrong?

Guest The Soup Thief

I am having some problems trying to do this on my mums ZTE Blade; when I power on with the 'up' button pressed, the phone still boots as normal? WTF am I doing wrong?

Assuming you have clockwork installed, try booting with "volume -" held rather than "volume +"

btw - this thread is veeeeery old and (I'm guessing) points to a very old version of clockwork

Try looking at the pinned topics above for more coherent / current guidance

edit - if vol - doesn't work either I'd bet my biscuits you don't actually have clockwork installed

Edited by The Soup Thief

Guest joe steel

Assuming you have clockwork installed, try booting with "volume -" held rather than "volume +"

btw - this thread is veeeeery old and (I'm guessing) points to a very old version of clockwork

Try looking at the pinned topics above for more coherent / current guidance

edit - if vol - doesn't work either I'd bet my biscuits you don't actually have clockwork installed

Thank you! and your biscuits are very safe :)

• 4 months later...
Guest ltkipras

Hi, my phone was locked by a one company carrier and they have done something to my phone an i cant root my phone and when i hold volume down an power button a white screen with FTM written on it apears. is there any other way to do this, something like odin for samsung galaxy phones?

• 1 month later...