[OLED+TFT] 30/Nov 2.5.1.3: ClockworkMod Recovery

Guest PaulOBrien

Writing a temporary custom recovery that dumped the contents of /sys to a file, running it 'volume' down, running it 'normally', comparing the 2 files to find the difference in the 'volume down' start, then modifying the recovery startup script to 'reboot recovery' if it detects it's in that mode.

Huzzah! :)

P

Writing a temporary custom recovery that dumped the contents of /sys to a file, running it 'volume' down, running it 'normally', comparing the 2 files to find the difference in the 'volume down' start, then modifying the recovery startup script to 'reboot recovery' if it detects it's in that mode.

Huzzah! :)

P

interesting, I wonder where the different /sys comes from, another ramdisk hidden away for FTM mode? wonder if it's the mystery "oem"/"persist" partition?

Guest tmobilepulse
r2 is online! :)

P

Changelog

r2

• Added support for loading recovery by powering on device with 'Volume Down' held. Hurrah!

so...how to enter FTM mode if using r2?

No, that comes from the kernel...

P

Hmm, any idea what the persist/oem partition is for, it's mounted as standard but contains only lost+found

also the misc partition which isn't mounted and I can't get into, was there a special version of unyaffs2 for the blade?

Edited by rjm2k

Guest tmobilepulse
power on holding down the vol - key

Installed, tested and working!

powering on device with 'Volume Down' held: Recovery

power on holding down the vol - key: FTM

seems the same operation?! :)

powering on device with 'Volume Down' held: Recovery

power on holding down the vol - key: FTM

seems the same operation?! :)

It is, we've replaced FTM with recovery, there was no way to get into recovery through a key but there was for FTM and we don't use FTM so we replaced it with recovery

Guest tmobilepulse
It is, we've replaced FTM with recovery, there was no way to get into recovery through a key but there was for FTM and we don't use FTM so we replaced it with recovery

FTM will be useful in future, if ZTE releases a Rom. :)

FTM will be useful in future, if ZTE releases a Rom. :)

Yeah, I think that's a big if! Hopefully someone will port Cyanagen 6 well before that and free us from ZTE support.

Guest mark watson
Install 'Quick Boot' from the market after flashing ClockworkMod. Quick Boot gives you the option to boot into Recovery Mode.

I've installed Quick Boot and have selected "apply" how do you thien execute? the screen doesn't respond nor do any key presses?

Any help?

Thanks

I've installed Quick Boot and have selected "apply" how do you thien execute? the screen doesn't respond nor do any key presses?

Any help?

Thanks

apply? there isn't an apply option in quickboot, have you downloaded the correct version?

Guest mark watson
apply? there isn't an apply option in quickboot, have you downloaded the correct version?

sorry, i ment "apply sd update.zip"

how do you then select that action?

Thanks

sorry, i ment "apply sd update.zip"

how do you then select that action?

Thanks

Not sure what you have done, process should be...

Install clockwork mod

install quick boot

select quick boot -> recovery

once in recovery select apply sdcard update.zip (assumes you have /sdcard/update.zip)

if you got into recovery using vol - then make sure it's recovery r2 you installed

Edited by rjm2k

Guest pinkllama

hi all,

bit of a noob. i've installed clockworkmod and backed up the rom. at the backup summary i get the following:

no /sdcard/.android_secure found. skipping backup of applications

on external storage.

backing up cache...

no sd-ext found. skipping backup of sd-ext

what do i need to do to not get these errors?

hi all,

bit of a noob. i've installed clockworkmod and backed up the rom. at the backup summary i get the following:

no /sdcard/.android_secure found. skipping backup of applications

on external storage.

backing up cache...

no sd-ext found. skipping backup of sd-ext

what do i need to do to not get these errors?

I don't think they are errors, the .android_secure is something to do with either froyo or app2sd or both, ie installing applications on your sd card rather than the phone.

Guest fredewis

do i need to root before i install clockwork or by installing clockwork i root the phone im confuse .....can i get a step by step proses i haven got my sf yet piking it up wenesday bit want to get failiar to it thanks guys

Guest southpaw1

did my 1st root and r2 install fine , however now trying to update to •Download 2.5.0/9 r2 ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade ,

gettin cmd error , strange as its same vista machine as before

"fastboot-windows it is not recognized as an internal or external comand"

anybody any info on whats goin on here ,

sorry for the noob Q

cheers in advance