[OLED+TFT] 30/Nov 2.5.1.3: ClockworkMod Recovery

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tonyamh

OK almost there iv now done the clockwordmod bit and it worked ok and iv added to the sd card this file r3-update-modacocustomrom-blade-signed and have restarted the phone holding the -vol and power on then i get to the menu and try to update it comes up with this

installing sdcard update.zip

finding update package

opening update package

E:can't open/sdcard/update.zip

(no such file or directory)

installation aborted

where on the sdcard should i put the folder as it is i have just copied it to F: is this right?

Guest mario999
OK almost there iv now done the clockwordmod bit and it worked ok and iv added to the sd card this file r3-update-modacocustomrom-blade-signed and have restarted the phone holding the -vol and power on then i get to the menu and try to update it comes up with this

installing sdcard update.zip

finding update package

opening update package

E:can't open/sdcard/update.zip

(no such file or directory)

installation aborted

where on the sdcard should i put the folder as it is i have just copied it to F: is this right?

Yep, goes in the root of your SD card. The problem most people are having is that file extensions are hidden in windows. So the file you have named as Update.zip is actually Update.zip.zip (you just cant see the last .zip)

Guest mario999
:) thank you mario its all up and working do i need to re-download anything or just carry on as it all seems to be there

Just enjoy. May need to put in your APN settings if you want 3g.

Guest jdtanner

If I select "wipe data/factory reset" in the menu, does it do what it says on the tin? If so, can you choose to install the R3 from the menu afterwards?

John

**Edit**

If anyone else is interested, I decided to go ahead and select if before flashing R3 and it just erased the user data...phew :)

Edited by jdtanner

Guest Bobby Demos
If I select "wipe data/factory reset" in the menu, does it do what it says on the tin? If so, can you choose to install the R3 from the menu afterwards?

John

**Edit**

If anyone else is interested, I decided to go ahead and select if before flashing R3 and it just erased the user data...phew :)

It erases everything but reinstalls the modaco custom rom from the sd card, I done this earlier.

Bobby

@Paul adb recovery is not working o this release was on the other one, not a big problem just to let you know.

What do you mean? I do 'adb reboot recovery' and it works fine.

P

Guest ficosaneil

Hi there, first post :) superb site!!

Ok, I've just ordered an Orange San Francisco (which incidentally I got for £79.99 by calling Orange and informing them I'm a current PAYG customer despite only having a PAYG sim for about 10 minutes).

My day-to-day use is actually a Vodafone contract. I've had a HTC Magic for the last 12 months and become sick of 1.6 and it running slower and slower.

Ok, I need to

a) unlock the device which should be easy as I understand there are sellers on eBay doing it for 99p.

:) install the custom ROM that deletes all the Orange junk and adds improvements -> this I'm a little more worried about.

Please let me know if I've got this right.

1) I'll follow the steps to Install Clockwork Mod Recovery

2) I'll then download and install R3 of the Custom Rom from here

And then I'm done? Is it that easy? Should this take 5-10minues?

Cheers.

Guest DaveMac

Forgive me if this is a question of super-noob proportions, but....

My SF is already flashed with r3 from the MCRi method (did it before the ClockworkMod was posted up). Everything is working fine for me, but should I also flash the clockworkmod recovery in readiness for a potential r4 release? I've had no problems rooting & flashing whatsoever, so have no issues carrying out the steps required, but just wondered if it will screw anything up?

Is there any problem with adding this on after I have already loaded superboot r3 and the modaco rom r3?

Guest AndyHibberd
Forgive me if this is a question of super-noob proportions, but....

My SF is already flashed with r3 from the MCRi method (did it before the ClockworkMod was posted up). Everything is working fine for me, but should I also flash the clockworkmod recovery in readiness for a potential r4 release? I've had no problems rooting & flashing whatsoever, so have no issues carrying out the steps required, but just wondered if it will screw anything up?

Is there any problem with adding this on after I have already loaded superboot r3 and the modaco rom r3?

Was about to ask the same. I'm also running r3, got Titanium Backup too, is there any need to do this clockwork business? I don't quite understand what exactly the benefit is.

Guest jimbobvfr400

Not sure about adding clockwork recovery as it was already available when I got my phone although it should be easy enough and shouldn't effect your device other than adding the recovery options.

Its well worth doing though, because all future roms will be released for clockwork recovery. Also the full backup from recovery is very handy.

Having the mod actually makes it possible to download a new ROM and flash it all on the phone, no need to be near your PC, not that you're likely to want to do this but its a lot easier than faffing with cables and the command line on your PC

Guest bignred84

can anyone please help advise

I am trying to run the ClockworkMod

bearing in mind I'm currently on R3 (installed prior to this release)

I have downloaded

Download 2.5.0/9 r2 ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: d7664757ec3d4862cc408b7304e4df8f (as per instructions)

now do I place this into the folder I currently have on my C\drive (fastboot)

have tried this 2 ways, both with the current fastboot folder (from previous R3 download) and with a new fastboot folder

either way, after typing in the command:

fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img (i'm on Windows 7 64bit)

I get this message

'fastboot-windows' is not recognised as an internal or external command operable program or batchfile

anyone shed any light on where I'm going wrong

any advice/assistance would be appreciated

thanks

Guest Afrodude
can anyone please help advise

I am trying to run the ClockworkMod

bearing in mind I'm currently on R3 (installed prior to this release)

I have downloaded

Download 2.5.0/9 r2 ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: d7664757ec3d4862cc408b7304e4df8f (as per instructions)

now do I place this into the folder I currently have on my C\drive (fastboot)

have tried this 2 ways, both with the current fastboot folder (from previous R3 download) and with a new fastboot folder

either way, after typing in the command:

fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img (i'm on Windows 7 64bit)

I get this message

'fastboot-windows' is not recognised as an internal or external command operable program or batchfile

anyone shed any light on where I'm going wrong

any advice/assistance would be appreciated

thanks

Your command prompt is in a different folder to where your fastboot is.

Mine just hands at the < waiting for device > command prompt when trying to run fast boot clockwork.... any ideas?

The correct drivers are not installed (yet).

Guest Afrodude
cheers, can you please point me to the 64bit Windows 7 drivers?

Mine installed automatically.

Make sure you have the option to "check online for drivers" option enabled.

Basically just plug in your phone, follow the instructions through and when you reboot with the volume button held up it should just find the drivers.

Guest bignred84
Your command prompt is in a different folder to where your fastboot is.

care to expand on that please.

have downloaded

Download 2.5.0/9 r2 ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: d7664757ec3d4862cc408b7304e4df8f

already have fastboot on C\

thanks

Guest Afrodude
care to expand on that please.

have downloaded

Download 2.5.0/9 r2 ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: d7664757ec3d4862cc408b7304e4df8f

already have fastboot on C\

thanks

Open up your command prompt and type in "cd c:\" if that is were you extracted your fastboot. Make sure your ClockworkMod Recovery files are in the same folder aswell.

Guest bignred84
Open up your command prompt and type in "cd c:\" if that is were you extracted your fastboot. Make sure your ClockworkMod Recovery files are in the same folder aswell.

ahh, got yer, that's where I was going wrong, missing the first bit cd c:\

thanks

1 final point do I place the ClockworkMod recovery file in the fastboot folder already in my c\drive

thanks