[OLED+TFT] 30/Nov 2.5.1.3: ClockworkMod Recovery

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Afrodude
ahh, got yer, that's where I was going wrong, missing the first bit cd c:\

thanks

1 final point do I place the ClockworkMod recovery file in the fastboot folder already in my c\drive

thanks

Yup.

Guest bignred84
Yup.

think I done it, I now have a folder called lauchpro_backup

would this be right ?????????

have since noticed something I missed 1 x md5sum file ??

have since done this, appeared to work o.k.

however How do I know if this has worked

anyone confirm thanks

Edited by bignred84

Guys should i install this on my already flashed/rooted with r3 sf? cause it seems like a right ball-ache can someone break it down for me into easy steps? im on windows 7 64 bit

Guest ficosaneil

The fastboot file is a winzip file, should I be extracting the contents of this to a 'normal folder and then sticking the clockwork img in there too, or should I stick the clockwork img file into the fastboot.zip file, stick that in a 'normal' folder and then launch the command prompt from the folder?

Guest pinglis

the option to mount ext2 seems to work but when i go back to reboot now it unmounts again and a2sd doesnt work even from terminal...can anyone help please

Guest Synbian

Many thanks again to everyone on here and all the hard work. I have a question: I can't seem to get fastboot to do anything and I don't know why. I'm trying to wipe the phone to an almost 'as new' state but commands like 'fastboot-windows erase system' etc always result in an error like the one listed below when trying to install this clockworkmod recovery. Is it me? the phone? my pc? Anyone know of anyway to stop the errors? I have rooted with r3 Superboot.

fastbooty.png

Guest Synbian
Many thanks again to everyone on here and all the hard work. I have a question: I can't seem to get fastboot to do anything and I don't know why. I'm trying to wipe the phone to an almost 'as new' state but commands like 'fastboot-windows erase system' etc always result in an error like the one listed below when trying to install this clockworkmod recovery. Is it me? the phone? my pc? Anyone know of anyway to stop the errors? I have rooted with r3 Superboot.

fastbooty.png

No worries now, tried on a different PC and all is well again.

Guest Terry W

Hi, I'm a newbie and finding my way around. Picked up a San Fran today and keen to wipe the Orange branding, root and load r4 mod.

So I noticed ClockworkMod Recovery was needed. So I tried to flash it but it hung at "waiting for device", so I installed the drivers(!) but now my SanFran will not boot to the Green Android. Instead, when I hold the Vol+ and power up, it boots normally!?

Wonder if I should have loaded r3 first before trying ClockworkMod Recovery? Help please.

Cheers

Terry.

Guest Gibbo501
Hi, I'm a newbie and finding my way around. Picked up a San Fran today and keen to wipe the Orange branding, root and load r4 mod.

So I noticed ClockworkMod Recovery was needed. So I tried to flash it but it hung at "waiting for device", so I installed the drivers(!) but now my SanFran will not boot to the Green Android. Instead, when I hold the Vol+ and power up, it boots normally!?

Wonder if I should have loaded r3 first before trying ClockworkMod Recovery? Help please.

Cheers

Terry.

Are you removing the battery before you try rebooting with the volume key?

Guest kidkhaos
how do remove clockwork mod?

found my own answer, but just for any1 else who may get get stuck. Download the second link ( the one with stock boot / recovery images) from http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...online-kitchen/. Unzip the files into the same dir as fastboot, then do the same as you did when you flashed the clockworkmod but this time use the recovery image. so you would use cd to get to the dir with fastboot and the recovery image, then use the command "fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery.blade.stock.img" (for windows).

Guest Simon O
Quick question - is this meant to be upside down :)

Yeah as the screen in the phone is actually upside down. Hopefully the recovery will be fixed soon :)

Guest bellerox

Hello everyone!

I have just registered and this is my first total newbee question :-)

I'm from germany and not native english speaker, so please be nice to my sentence strukture.

In the first post ( oh ... just wanna say... GREAT JOB! i hear from the Phone in Germany because of this Forum and his good Roms and support)

Ok .. In the first post :-) Paul says:

1. Download 2.5.0/9 r2 ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: d7664757ec3d4862cc408b7304e4df8f

2. Download fastboot if you do not have it already.

Do I Have to download to my computer or to the SD Card of the Phone? In one Reply someone says c: , but i am not sure if this really means to the PC :-)

3. Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.

Should it be pluged to the Computer when i Download the files? makes no sense to me, sorry :-(

Just would make sense when the files should be moved to SD Card ?

4. Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume up' held. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen.

5. Plug the phone into the PC.

6. Extract the fastboot zip file.

Should be possible! - even for me ...

7. From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

If these files where on c:

Do I have to start the command Prompt and just write "c> run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img'" ???

8. When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

"c> run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img'" ???

9. Done!

there is a long way ... for me :)

And final question ( for the moment) : Does this mean the Phone was rooted? Do i need Phone drivers for the Phone (Vista) before i start?

thank you all for answering! i hope that questions are not so much annoying. Sorry!

Guest bear807

Hi im having a problem with my updating in clockworkmod recovery, im currently running a windows 7 64 bit without an optical drive every time when i run command prompt it just shows up that windows image burner ask me to select a drive, which i dont have a drive how could i solve this problem? many thx! cant wait to flash the rom but this problems seems difficult for a noob like me :P

Guest ambisingh

hi there i can not seem to get into recovery mode i am running r3 and wanted to flash a theme but for some reason when i use clockworkmod and try to go into recovery mode it just sits on the green andriod when i first installed CWM it used to go into recovery mode with the upside screen now it just sits on the andriod dude

Thanks

Guest ambisingh
hi there i can not seem to get into recovery mode i am running r3 and wanted to flash a theme but for some reason when i use clockworkmod and try to go into recovery mode it just sits on the green andriod when i first installed CWM it used to go into recovery mode with the upside screen now it just sits on the andriod dude

Thanks

Never mid got it working i just flashed CWM again and its working now

Guest bear807

can someone give me some help pls i have no clue how to open up the img file just plain stuck in windows disc image burner whenever i try to do a command prompt am i suppose to burn a cd?

Guest dadashi

I'm using the windows command, Everytime I try to flash with fastboot it says

"error: cannot load recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img"

I don't know where it's going wrong, any help?

Edited by dadashi

Guest jever-huk
Hello everyone!

I have just registered and this is my first total newbee question :-)

I'm from germany and not native english speaker, so please be nice to my sentence strukture.

In the first post ( oh ... just wanna say... GREAT JOB! i hear from the Phone in Germany because of this Forum and his good Roms and support)

Ok .. In the first post :-) Paul says:

1. Download 2.5.0/9 r2 ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: d7664757ec3d4862cc408b7304e4df8f

2. Download fastboot if you do not have it already.

Do I Have to download to my computer or to the SD Card of the Phone? In one Reply someone says c: , but i am not sure if this really means to the PC :-)

3. Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.

Should it be pluged to the Computer when i Download the files? makes no sense to me, sorry :-(

Just would make sense when the files should be moved to SD Card ?

4. Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume up' held. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen.

5. Plug the phone into the PC.

6. Extract the fastboot zip file.

Should be possible! - even for me ...

7. From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

If these files where on c:

Do I have to start the command Prompt and just write "c> run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img'" ???

8. When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

"c> run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img'" ???

9. Done!

there is a long way ... for me :P

And final question ( for the moment) : Does this mean the Phone was rooted? Do i need Phone drivers for the Phone (Vista) before i start?

thank you all for answering! i hope that questions are not so much annoying. Sorry!

Here you find a very good german install guide based on this thread:

http://www.frag-felix.de/smartphone/unbran...e-san-francisco

I reset my SF to it defaults it is not rooted. And I try to install Paul's r4 ROM but:

emo@debian-home:~/Android/fastboot$ ./fastboot-linux flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img

sending 'recovery' (107 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: image is not a boot image)

Additional infomo@debian-home:~/Android/fastboot$ ls -l

total 4712

-rwxrwxr-x 1 emo emo 340896 Dec 11 2009 adb-linux

-rwxrwxr-x 1 emo emo 349196 Dec 11 2009 adb-mac

-rwxrwxr-x 1 emo emo 96256 Dec 11 2009 AdbWinApi.dll

-rwxrwxr-x 1 emo emo 2530671 Dec 11 2009 adb-windows.exe

-rwxrwxr-x 1 emo emo 60928 Dec 11 2009 AdbWinUsbApi.dll

-rwxrwxr-x 1 emo emo 127435 Feb 26 2009 fastboot-linux

-rwxrwxr-x 1 emo emo 156592 Mar 9 2009 fastboot-mac

-rwxrwxr-x 1 emo emo 992202 Sep 21 2009 fastboot-windows.exe

drwxrwxr-x 2 emo emo 4096 Sep 27 11:05 __MACOSX

-rwxrwxr-x 1 emo emo 110453 Oct 22 22:16 recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img

Anyone any idea whats wrong? BTW I have never root or change ROMs before :P

thenks!

Guest tronads

I currently have rom r3 on my phone using the mcri install method. It seems if I want to try r4 or the froyo rom I am going to have to update to clockwork recovery. I don't think I will have any problems installing it, but I'm a bit confused about the reference to the upside down screen I have read. Is the screen just upside down on bootup or recovery modes, or is it going to be permanatly upside down if I install clockwork recovery.