[OLED+TFT] 30/Nov 2.5.1.3: ClockworkMod Recovery

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest cmberry20

Quick question.

If i've made a backup. Then changed stuff on my phone etc etc. Then make another backup a few days later, does ClockworkMod make another backup or overwrite the current one on the SD card.

Clockwork makes another backup to the SD card. You'll find them in clockworkmod/backup and each backup is given its own date/time stamped folder. My backups currently stand at 186MB each so careful keeping too many or you'll be wondering where your storage space has gone lol.

Edited by Mike_P

Guest gmasood

I have done all the other steps but when it comes to running fastboot-windows...... I encounter the following error message

error: cannot load 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img'

I have also attached the screenshot. Kindly help. I am using windows 7 32 bit and all the usb and zte drivers are up to date

Many Thanks

GM

post-781038-1290185254_thumb.jpg

post-781038-1290185280_thumb.jpg

Guest domenico lamberti

my blade seems to be hanging , in Command prompt its stayed in "waiting for device" screen for about 20 minutes and nothing has happened on my screen, im scared , have i bricked my phone ?

Guest Afrodude
my blade seems to be hanging , in Command prompt its stayed in "waiting for device" screen for about 20 minutes and nothing has happened on my screen, im scared , have i bricked my phone ?

Its probably not installed the drivers correctly if its "waiting for device" ages after its been plugged in.

Guest steve_bullockuk

I have the same issue. Installed the USB drivers off here and tried a reboot but not picking the phone up.

Checked in device manager and theres an unrecognised device called "android". Any help would be appreciated.

Guest Spunky Backpack

Sorry for the stupid question but do you have to root the phone before installing the clockwork recovery thingumajig?

Edit: sorted now

Edited by Spunky Backpack

Guest sorrowuk

Can you give me the source for this please, I want to change a few things? Or tell me what needs to be changed from the orginal source to get it to work like how it currently is.

Guest Frankish

Is it not possible to compile the recovery so it is upside down...so that it displays the right way around? The button placement is very awkward for using the current recovery. Still great to have a working one though.

Guest finbenton

Ok I installed this to my phone and made a recovery + backupped it to my PC. Then I tryed to restore my phone from the backup but no it just jamms on the logo and wont boot, what did I do wrong :|

Edited by finbenton

A correction for WINDOWS users (unless you have a different version of fastboot?)...

[*]From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

[*]When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)

Windows users need to add "-i 0x413c" after fastboot-windows before the other parameters. So the commands would be:

fastboot-windows -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img

fastboot-windows -i 0x413c reboot

Hope this helps...

A correction for WINDOWS users (unless you have a different version of fastboot?)...

Windows users need to add "-i 0x413c" after fastboot-windows before the other parameters.

I didn't find this necessary on Windows 7. The instructions worked for me in their original form.

I have done all the other steps but when it comes to running fastboot-windows...... I encounter the following error message

error: cannot load 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade.img'

I have also attached the screenshot. Kindly help. I am using windows 7 32 bit and all the usb and zte drivers are up to date

Many Thanks

GM

I had this problem, I solved it simply by renaming the Mocado image file to blade.img and then flashing the blade.img

for some reason this worked perfectly, I even tired the original file again the next day just to see if it was a fluke, but the long filename wouldnt flash, but the short one would

Guest Olly232

I can boot into recovery mode but none of the buttons work. I have reinstalled it with fastboot but it is the same. I have to remove the battery. I'm pretty sure it worked OK when I installed it when this thread first came out and i have installed three ROMS using rom manager but having tried 2.2 I want to revert back to 2.1 r4 but I'm stuck there!

Edit: I got it working again after flashing back to stock and then reflashing clockworkmod recovery.

Edited by Olly232

Guest super san francisco

i have renamed the backup folder and now, when trying to restore, clockwork says wrong md5 checksum. yeah, it's wrong because the foldername doesn't match, but how do i tell clockwork that it's the right files in it:)???

Guest super san francisco
i have renamed the backup folder and now, when trying to restore, clockwork says wrong md5 checksum. yeah, it's wrong because the foldername doesn't match, but how do i tell clockwork that it's the right files in it:)???

Edit: i've got it, the folder name had spaces in it. Renamed and it worden:-)

Guest Frankish
Working with Koush on getting this in ROM Manager...!

P

2 questions.

Is it possible to fix the recovery so it is right way around? No major deal just a slight inconvenience.

Is the partition SD card option supposed to work? Mine doesn't.