when is official froyo release?

Guest fpbasilio

Guest Morris Lee
I don't think the kernel testing is long, maybe just a week or two to test stability.

Wait, if we are still using the same kernal, why can't we use the source for the eclair kernal?

Guest Koki1337

I don't think they're using the same kernel at all.

Acer is aware of the leaked ROMs, so if they did leak out one with the proper kernels, the official Froyo ROM would be left out in the cold

Guest Morris Lee
I don't think they're using the same kernel at all.

Acer is aware of the leaked ROMs, so if they did leak out one with the proper kernels, the official Froyo ROM would be left out in the cold

I don't think it will be left out for cold, weather is getting cold you see haha. Even if it is leaked, people will eventually move to the final stuff for stability and product support

Guest Koki1337
I don't think it will be left out for cold, weather is getting cold you see haha. Even if it is leaked, people will eventually move to the final stuff for stability and product support

Yes, but for power users like you guys will just extract the kernel out from the leaked ROMs, use it for the custom ROMs and we're one step ahead

Guest jayziac
Words from Acer Malaysia : http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?stor..._t=feed_comment

"Acer Malaysia The last we heard, Froyo wil be early next year. Existing Acer phone users will be offered free upgrade."

Doesn't make sense, the latest Froyo leak is already running pretty smoothly without problems, can't imagine them taking another 3 months to release it. There's probably a miscommunication there.

Doesn't make sense, the latest Froyo leak is already running pretty smoothly without problems, can't imagine them taking another 3 months to release it. There's probably a miscommunication there.

Probably to polish the Acer UI, because it's not usable

Guest jayziac
Probably to polish the Acer UI, because it's not usable

oh right, just like HTC delaying their Android updates because of Sense UI. By the time it's released the next Android version is out. good thing we have leaks.

Guest Morris Lee
Just means, they wont be working on gingerbread. Which means we may not have any leaks for gingerbread at all.

Then we will cross our fingers and hope for LCR G, hahaha

Guest Alvan Yap
Words from Acer Malaysia : http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?stor..._t=feed_comment

"Acer Malaysia The last we heard, Froyo wil be early next year. Existing Acer phone users will be offered free upgrade."

please don't believe words from acer malaysia.....ive been fool around last time when the Liquid Ferrari release....can u imagine they dare to organize a lauching event for the model but they dunno when the model will be available for market?that's acer malaysia....

Guest Morris Lee
Terrible! And I think, Acer_Leaker is out of the loop, so no more further leaks coming. That's why leaker has been juicing what he had as much as he can.

Milk the cow as much as you can, XD

Guest Koki1337
please don't believe words from acer malaysia.....ive been fool around last time when the Liquid Ferrari release....can u imagine they dare to organize a lauching event for the model but they dunno when the model will be available for market?that's acer malaysia....

Yes, Malaysia is truly filled with a lot of bitchy people. Imagine I asked about colleges and stuff at a scholar's group on facebook, it took them MONTHS to reply.

Milk the cow as much as you can, XD

+1!!

Guest fergard

A'right, I've asked Acer Russia Hotline about the official release of Android 2.2 for Liquid. No good news there:

К сожалению мы не можем назвать Вам конкретную дату появления ОС Android 2.2 для смартфона Acer Liquid. Скорее всего, появится в начеле следующего года.

Just in case if you don't know russian language :P :

We're afraid that we can't say the exact release date of the OS Android 2.2 for the Acer Liquid smartphone. More likely, it will be released in the beginning of the next year.
Edited by fergard