[LEAK] Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05_A1_Pass_protect_MbD

Guest mcboydesign

Guest Peterfdevries

Anyone who had problems textmessaging using the previous FroYo-roms and know if their solved in this version? I saw that this one has a new radioband!

Edited by Peterfdevries

Is this better than 0.007 Rom? I couldn't the ones in between 0.007 and this one to flash properly.

Even the release before this one was MUCH MUCH better than .007 (james bond) leak!! Although am still at the leak previous to this one, I can bet that this one is as fast, if not faster. FLASH IT AT ONCE!!!

Guest MisfitGeek

Hi folks !

I'm brand new at MoDaCo and also on android. In fact no because before my Liquid I owned a Archos 5 IT running under Android even if it's not really a phone

I installed this modified leak on my Liquid S on Thursday night : ALL WORKED FINE from the start ! Some thoughts :

==> My battery get drained at high speed. I can read that it seems to be a general issue for all Froyo leaks. But it's dramatic, I can hardly reach the end of the day without charging. I know I spend much time playing with my liquid, but on 2.1 no problem to have a full day and even a bit more. Is there a solution ???

==> Acer IU is impressive but to complicated to use for me. I can't find how to use widgets, and they changed too much things from standard IU. So I get back to Android IU.

==> I just notice 1 strange bug. One of my favourite game Abduction disappeared !!! I can't find it on the list of installed apps. It is on market and applications lists (thru settings)

==> Maybe I didn't notice it before but it seems there's a new option "connection sharing" (not sure of english version) allowing to turn Liquid into a 3G modem for PC as PDANet.

==> Device information menu on settings sn't working : message "/proc/sts0 doeas not exists"

==> With the Andoid KB I can't have French dictionnary. I check and recheck setting. I set French but words coming are all english...

If any have a soluion regarding power draining please share...

Guest jcarrero

Very happy with this leak, but if I install widgets in the storage card, when I boot the phone, the widgets will no longer show in the widgets list. This only happens when using the Android UI. Any ideas,

Very happy with this leak, but if I install widgets in the storage card, when I boot the phone, the widgets will no longer show in the widgets list. This only happens when using the Android UI. Any ideas,

happens for me for mixzing aswell. the other widgets not sure about, as they are usually only a few kb, so i leave those on the phone. but yeah apps on the sd card dont work great, makes my Launcher pro really lag when exiting a large program or starting for the first time. takes minutes to load at start.

You should never install or move Widgets to the SD Card!!!!!!!

Can anyone post AcerDLNA.apk file? It's inside /system/app.

I wrongly deleted it. Thanks in advance!!!

Here you go!

AcerDLNA.zip

Guest jayziac

Anyone else noticing their battery usage is worse with this ROM? I used to notice about 1% per hour of drain having the phone sit idle in my office with a cell signal. But with this ROM, it's almost 2% per hour. I don't have many apps loaded, in the applications -> running services, I only see Android Keyboard, Gmail.ShortcutEnablerService and Google Services Framework.Google Messaging service. These have all been running in past ROMs.

Update: Turns out I accidentally left settings -> data & sync -> background data on and that was using up a bit more juice. I usually turn it off except when upgrading apps through the market. It's now back to the slightly less than 1%/hr standby.

Edited by jayziac

Guest HustlinDaily
have we lost the USB tethering?

In a previous froyo rom i used it but now there's not the option.

It is there on LCR on top of this .bin.

Maybe try Acer EasyLink.

On mine it is still working .... It's in the same place where Wifi tethering can be activated ...

Guest RoC1912

settings->wireless & networks->Tethering & portable hotspot

ok! i testd this rom.

now have report little things for (fps) like this....ha ha .....linpack

26 linpack before =26fps.

this rom : 28 linpack =28fps.

this rom faster than before 007 or 4.002.02.

thank you very much mcboy . and waiting a real release day have a best rom. :)

Edited by mmkim

in the past with the 1.6 and 2.1 roms i used to get the 15% battery left message even with the phone freshly being charged when It would switch to a 2g area and would have to remove the battery to fix the issue or wait a bit and the phone would reboot. Since starting to use the 2.2 froyo roms I havn't got that message but the phone will either drop the signal completely when switching from 3g area to 2g areas or it will slow down to a crawl and sometimes freeze completely and will requires a battery replacement and reboot to get it back to normal. It only happens to bother me when i try to use the phone in an area that the network changes unfortunely i have a lot of area here that is 850mhz so the liquid reverts to edge in those areas and also when the 1900mhz signal is spoty it will revert back to the 850mhz but since it doesn't support the 3g at 850mhz it reverts back to the edge. Anyone can look into this or will we have to wait till the source code is released to see if can be remedied. If this problem gets solved finally it would make me and any one who lives in areas with large 850mhz coverage happy.

As far as battery with this rom i have been getting excellent times. I rooted the phone and installed autokiller with a strict settings and the battery had days with more than 18 hours of not charging it and still having 50+% (no custom rom just the leak rooted with malez recovery)

Edited by isshah

Guest vanisleguy1976
One problem:

- I have a .APK with a custom backup from Documents-to-Go and whenever I try to install it it says "application failed to install" (or something like that)

- I have uninstalled Documents-to-Go from the System with Titanium Backup, I deleted DTG.apk from system with Root Explorer and also deleted Dalvik-cache (and rebooted) but the problem persists...

any ideas?

I had issues with DTG when I installed froyo. Ultimately, I had to contact dataviz via their android forum http://forums.dataviz.com/viewforum.php?f=9 and they were able to get it up and running for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes all apps, messages, contacts, settings will be gone. Only the content on your sd card will remain untouched. Even malez recovery (if you have it installed) will be gone and you will have to reflash it.

ok, thank you :) I've backuped everything and I'm now going to flash. Hope I'll not brick my device :S

Some suggestions: DO NOT unplug the device until the acer download tool tells you to do so. Sometimes it might seem like nothing's happening and its stuck, but be patient and give it some time. To flash malez recovery, use the easy installer provided by malez.

Best of luck! Happy froyoing!!! :)