DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest OrionBG

I finally made 1.2.0 to work!

1. downgrade the baseband and flash 1.1.1

2. after 1.1.1 is fully loaded and working go back to fastboot and flash the new baseband

3. immediately after reboot go to CWR and flash .1.2.0

4. DO NOT wipe or clear anything!!! The Rom will boot after a minute or three

I did it that way and it works normally now! All the lockups and slowness was related to the /DATA partition not used!

BTW this build gives lower scores in quadrant!

well if im using my linux box im running the newest android sdk adb which iirc is 1.0.29 or .29 - haven got system running at min to check

edit: i would heavily suggest EVERYONE having problems with downloads/fcs/lockups downgrade back to 1.1.1 for the moment the 2 files you need(update zip and 2.1 baseband file) are linked below.

update: http://build2.streakdroid.com/update-release-1.1.1.zip

2.1 baseband : http://downloads.streakdroid.com/testing/amss-2.1.mbn

Tried baseband link on firefox and IE but getting page cannot be found error. Anyone else having problems?

Edit found it now http://downloads.streakdroid.com/testing/

Edited by NO1FAN

Guest OrionBG
yes the quadrant scores are lower i know, half due to dells annoying ui i think,

Without the DELL UI! I don't use it! It's useless

Edited by OrionBG

Guest Stephen Hyde
Stephen do you have a clue why would the DELL Recovery work ok with the old baseband and 1.1.1 but fails with the new combo?

probably because it wants the newer recoverydata too - ok ive just gone from 1.1.1 to 1.2.0 without much issue

any brave soul who wants to be tester for my instructions drop me a pm - MUST BE ON 1.1.1 with 2.1 baseband

I finally made 1.2.0 to work!

1. downgrade the baseband and flash 1.1.1

2. after 1.1.1 is fully loaded and working go back to fastboot and flash the new baseband

3. immediately after reboot go to CWR and flash .1.2.0

4. DO NOT wipe or clear anything!!! The Rom will boot after a minute or three

I did it that way and it works normally now! All the lockups and slowness was related to the /DATA partition not used!

BTW this build gives lower scores in quadrant!

Just did this exactly as you described and market seems to be working normal so far. Just installed several apps and widgets. Everything so far is working normal.

Edited by phjnky

Guest popetodd

Noticed the only bug that I've seen so far in this release: either I've lost radio sensitivity after the baseband flash or it is requiring some kind of calibration.

I had full GSM bars prior to flash and now show almost no signal.

And on WiFi use I can no longer get signal at the other end of my house where previously I had full signal.

Other than that it's brilliant as always. :)

Edited by popetodd

Guest Stephen Hyde
Just did this exactly as you described and market seems to working normal so far. Just installed several apps and widgets. Everything so far is working normal.

ye its playing nice here too, seemingly, auto updates failed but its installing them fine when i do update by hand

Guest untrueparadox
ye its playing nice here too, seemingly, auto updates failed but its installing them fine when i do update by hand

how about titanium? does it still fc?

Guest sukicat

Steve I know that you busy but I am on 2.1 at the moment can I just change the Base band and flash the 1.2.0 would that be OK

also I have done instructions to install the new base band for us thick users (page 2570).

Edited by sukicat