DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest feanaro

I'd love a little help.

I've installed ClockworkMod, I've downloaded the update-new.zip, renamed it to Update.pkg and installed to the root of my SD card.

I get a blank screen now when I select option 2 when I reboot holding down volume keys and power.

Anyone else?

Thanks for all this Stephen, will donate once I've got up and running.

Guest maskaler
I'd love a little help.

I've installed ClockworkMod, I've downloaded the update-new.zip, renamed it to Update.pkg and installed to the root of my SD card.

I get a blank screen now when I select option 2 when I reboot holding down volume keys and power.

Anyone else?

I haven't done this yet but I don't think you're meant to rename it to update.pkg ? That's the 'normal' way... I think with clockworkmod you should be able to select the zip file you wish to use...

Guest HoTdiGiTi
I'd love a little help.

Anyone else?

you need to be on 2.1 first

1. download and install clockworkmod recovery by flashing the .img via fastbood (power on with camera button pressed)

2. download and copy update-new.zip to your sd-card (do not rename it)

3. boot your phone by pressing volume +/- buttons, you should get 4 options, select software upgrade via update.pkg on SD card. This should then boot clockwork recovery. you should get a menu with green font, this is clockworkmod. select install .zip from sd card.

4. you can manual select the .zip file, which you will have to do if you leave it update-new.zip.

5. select the .zip file and it'll start updating.

Note: stock recovery is for installing update.pkg files, custom recovery is for backup plus installing update.zip files.

this is what i understand to be correct, i have installed both 2.2 froyo beta's no problem and reflashed back to 2.1

Guest BiboTheClown
gsensor ive heard of but try getting logs if pos

I've found a reproductible way for the Gsensor issue : just had to launch Quadrant in full mode or even only on CPU bench...

Here are the logs from a fresh boot in airplane mode (from Logmaster, didn't thought to get the dmesg one. Tell me if needed). I've tested the Gsensor first, launched quadrant at 13:30, got an error few seconds later, and back to the android desktop, the Gsensor was dead.

I've looked into the logs and cannot find any valuable hint. Not sure these are the ones you need... Tell me in any other would help.

Thanks !

Logs_GSensor_issue.zip

Guest andycqos
Hi Is anyone one having issues syncing with exchange email?

Not sure yet. I got a new email notification, but Ive marked stuff as read on the PC which hasnt updated on teh phone.

Guest sukicat

one thing works ok is Sreak Radio after Rooting

Co-Poilot 8 does not work

so not sure if the GPS is ok (just tried Google maps and it found my location with GPS)

can some tell me where the screen/icons setting are

Edited by sukicat

Guest feanaro
you need to be on 2.1 first

1. download and install clockworkmod recovery by flashing the .img via fastbood (power on with camera button pressed)

2. download and copy update-new.zip to your sd-card (do not rename it)

3. boot your phone by pressing volume +/- buttons, you should get 4 options, select software upgrade via update.pkg on SD card. This should then boot clockwork recovery. you should get a menu with green font, this is clockworkmod. select install .zip from sd card.

4. you can manual select the .zip file, which you will have to do if you leave it update-new.zip.

5. select the .zip file and it'll start updating.

Note: stock recovery is for installing update.pkg files, custom recovery is for backup plus installing update.zip files.

this is what i understand to be correct, i have installed both 2.2 froyo beta's no problem and reflashed back to 2.1

Thank You!!!!!

Finally loading Froyo!

Guest navrac
has ANYONE on 2.1 baseband tried gps properly yet ?

Yes - it works correctly but it seems a little insensitive and longer to get a lock, but that could be 'cos it was damp and foggy when I tried it and lots of moisture on the trees. But certainly it turns on and off and gets my location correct and the speed seems about right.

Also I can confirm that my wifi/3g data switching appears fine

Guest feanaro
ok folks heres a nice build prop for you, adds all my previous edits and sets lcd density to 140 (a nice in between value i think)

other edits:

dalvik heapsize set to 64mb

debug.sf.hw=1 again

wifi scan interval set to 120secs

rename to build.prop and drop in /system

Ok, another noobie question here, how do I put the build.prop into /system?

I loaded the file onto my SD card, and used Andexplorer to copy onto clipboard of Streak, but can't paste into the /system folder

Thanks

Guest mrmrmrmr
Hi,

Does Dell PC suite work yet ? Does it synchronize with Outlook ?

This is very important for me. I'd appreciate any feedback :)

Btw, do we have the fm_hcitool command on shell in new rom ?

I also wonder if outlook notes and outlook tasks applications are available on this build.

Any feedback?

Guest jamezwarner
yea the build.prop is generic

Do I only need thebuild prop to fix the 3g? I have your build from yesterday morning... thanks

Edited by jamezwarner

Guest zeiger

i flash the update-new.zip a few times to see if the camera will work but no luck, but once i apply the build.prop and the camera is working. Now my streak is complete!!!

Steve, you said that the new build.prop is integrated in your latest update-new.zip but if you only flash the camera will not work? Strangely if you flash it and apply the build.prop again it work....

Edited by zeiger

Guest feanaro
need something like root explorer to and to root device to drop it into /system

Ok got it to work.

Camera appears to be working again.

Going to try Touchdown and a few other apps.

I notice I can't load or find Gvoice or Maps in Market, are these just not available for now?

thanks again Stephen, donation heading your way

cheers

Guest CharlieBareham

From what I have read and searched on the forum, no one else has had this problem yet.

Copied the Build.prop to /system, rebooted and just had a bootloop? It would play the Dell Logo animation, then replay it again over and over for about ten minutes before reflashing. Anyone else have this problem yet?

Other than that, amazing work Steve. Truly amazing.

Guest Stephen Hyde
From what I have read and searched on the forum, no one else has had this problem yet.

Copied the Build.prop to /system, rebooted and just had a bootloop? It would play the Dell Logo animation, then replay it again over and over for about ten minutes before reflashing. Anyone else have this problem yet?

Other than that, amazing work Steve. Truly amazing.

if you get that pull the battery for a min or so and restart it usually sorts it.

my newest build.prop isn in the update zip yet

Guest CharlieBareham
if you get that pull the battery for a min or so and restart it usually sorts it.

my newest build.prop isn in the update zip yet

I can use the build.prop you posted previously with the update.zip though? Thanks for the reply, I will try using it again.

Guest Stephen Hyde
I can use the build.prop you posted previously with the update.zip though? Thanks for the reply, I will try using it again.

yep you can