DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest CharlieBareham
yep you can

Still having the same problem. Copied, rebooted, stuck on a loop. Pull battery, reboot, stays on the Dell Logo forever without booting. Am I doing something wrong? How long should boot take to apply a new prop file?

Guest Samuran

Hey

I have done this via the original method and is working nicely. One thing tho, has anyone got pc suite etc to work? I cannot find any drivers for the Dell Mini 5 my pc now detects and ive tried the three options the sdk drivers give me with no luck...? Its not that I use pc suite but its annoying that doubletwist doesnt detect the streak now...

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers

Ben!

Guest Stephen Hyde

it should connect its a debug enabled boot so adb is active pretty early

DELL PC SUITE WILL NOT WORK most likely as its utter crap and probably needs dell ui. just sync your contacts to google and use the gapps instead of the crap that is pc suite (thats actualyl a hack in android to get it to do it)

Guest jamezwarner
Bug report: I lose my GPRS/HSDPA connections when the GPS activates and they do not return without reboot.

Same issue here, anything we can log for you?

Guest mrmrmrmr
it should connect its a debug enabled boot so adb is active pretty early

DELL PC SUITE WILL NOT WORK most likely as its utter crap and probably needs dell ui. just sync your contacts to google and use the gapps instead of the crap that is pc suite (thats actualyl a hack in android to get it to do it)

you are correct; it's really crap but I am used to sync my contacts,tasks and notes with my Outlook since I used the first PDA in my life. (it was a PalmOS device and Outlook was Exchange at that time)

So I really need this sh*t.

Is there a 3rd party app which may help me sync my contacts,tasks and notes ? I really don't want to sync my everything with google and it does not support tasks/notes anyway.

Thanks for any feedback..

Guest navrac
Bug report: I lose my GPRS/HSDPA connections when the GPS activates and they do not return without reboot.

Once the gps has started try going into wireless settings>mobile network and then uncheck then recheck the data enable.

This means you then have gps and gprs/3g simultaneously and can use google maps!

Also just to back up the general feedback, the build.prop does sort out the camera, but the camcorder size/encoding selection is erratic.

Titanium backup does seem to work now which is a relief.

Oh by the way - I'm reporting findings not whining!! I'm loving this build. Going to drop Stephen a multi beer donation to say thanks for his hard work.

Richard

Edited by navrac

Guest TheRain

Amazing work Stephen-

I'm up and running now with the update-new.zip version of the instructions from yesterday.

Also, I'm using RebelSIM in the US on an O2 locked streak, and it's working great! Didn't even have to enter my APN info, and didn't have to update the baseband.

Camera not currently working as stated. But overall, I'm totally amazed- I never expected we'd have a custom baked Froyo build that is this stable and useable by now! While Dell is toiling away to get a froyo build out, you've done it on your own and probably many of us will prefer your build over theirs once it's released anyway!

Edited by TheRain

Guest matty.cptk
Amazing work Steven-

I'm up and running now with the update-new.zip version of the instructions from yesterday.

Also, I'm using RebelSIM in the US on an O2 locked streak, and it's working great! Didn't even have to enter my APN info, and didn't have to update the baseband.

Camera not currently working as stated. But overall, I'm totally amazed- I never expected we'd have a custom baked Froyo build that is this stable and useable by now! While Dell is toiling away to get a froyo build out, you've done it on your own and probably many of us will prefer your build over theirs once it's released anyway!

if you download the build.prop file from another post in this thread and put it in systems folder and reboot.. your camera should work.. i've tested this about 3 times and its worked each time.

Steve... Excellent job

Can confirm that camera is workign with the build.prop that u posted.

My 2 issues

1. Cant get fast webinstaller of appbrain to work. Installation of phone is fine but when i try to send something to phone, from web, it says that i have not installed appbrain.

2. Some times the accelerometer does not turn the phone as i change the from landscape to portrait.

Have not tested GPS yet//// But will report.

Thanks

Guest andycqos

Been using the phone on 2.2 today and everything I tried worked fine ... but, the battery life was shocking! Only lasted 4 hours from full charge, and dropped from 20% straight to 1% :)

Im going to try the airplane trick and new build.prop file, but can I use Fards excellent battery boost from here? It seemed to work on 2.1 but will it be ok to run on 2.2?

Guest XsCode

no doesn't work

Been using the phone on 2.2 today and everything I tried worked fine ... but, the battery life was shocking! Only lasted 4 hours from full charge, and dropped from 20% straight to 1% :)

Im going to try the airplane trick and new build.prop file, but can I use Fards excellent battery boost from here? It seemed to work on 2.1 but will it be ok to run on 2.2?

Guest mrmrmrmr
you are correct; it's really crap but I am used to sync my contacts,tasks and notes with my Outlook since I used the first PDA in my life. (it was a PalmOS device and Outlook was Exchange at that time)

So I really need this sh*t.

Is there a 3rd party app which may help me sync my contacts,tasks and notes ? I really don't want to sync my everything with google and it does not support tasks/notes anyway.

Thanks for any feedback..

I think I found a solution. Companionlink (on PC) and DejaOffice (on Streak) should be working fine to sync Outlook tasks/notes/contacts.

But I'd prefer using embeded apps instead of any 3rd party, if possible.

Any chance to import them to the Froyo build ?

Guest pjg_pigeon

Took the plunge and updated this morning. Worked great under wifi. Just got back home from day out, been unable to use browser out of wifi area. I'm on O2, phone calls are fine but no browsing.

Do I need to add APN SETTINGS?

Getting a force close when checking for system updates, not a problem but I thought I would mention it.

Brilliant work from djsteve and anyone whose assisted with this project.

Guest kibcom
DELL PC SUITE WILL NOT WORK most likely as its utter crap and probably needs dell ui.

Actually not true. The latest DELL PC Suite works just fine. It's very quick compared to the previous version. It does exactly what it needs to do which is to synchronise microsoft outlook's calendar, notes, tasks and contacts with the Streak perfectly. For those of us who use Outlook to run our businesses, Dell PC Suite is essential.

Guest XsCode

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/streakdroi...tings-data.html

Took the plunge and updated this morning. Worked great under wifi. Just got back home from day out, been unable to use browser out of wifi area. I'm on O2, phone calls are fine but no browsing.

Do I need to add APN SETTINGS?

Getting a force close when checking for system updates, not a problem but I thought I would mention it.

Brilliant work from djsteve and anyone whose assisted with this project.

Guest andycqos
no doesn't work

Oh :) Cheers

Another question. Is ADW launcher installed as standard in 2.2 or is this something Stephens put into his build?