DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest andycqos
Has anyone managed to sync with Exchange yet? Have tried Stock email and Touchdown no luck :-(

Ive connected and synced fine with Touchdown. New emails come in as normal but, as I thought before, when I mark them read on the PC - and then sync Touchdown - they still show as unread on the phone.

Not the end of the world I guess

Guest TheRain
if you download the build.prop file from another post in this thread and put it in systems folder and reboot.. your camera should work.. i've tested this about 3 times and its worked each time.

Thanks! That cured it.

Guest mrmrmrmr
Actually not true. The latest DELL PC Suite works just fine. It's very quick compared to the previous version. It does exactly what it needs to do which is to synchronise microsoft outlook's calendar, notes, tasks and contacts with the Streak perfectly. For those of us who use Outlook to run our businesses, Dell PC Suite is essential.

really ? does it really work ? and the "outlook tasks" , "outlook notes" are working ?

that's superb. please confirm :)

I hardly believe because Stephen has told that they don't...

Guest mihajaru

First of all, good job steve! My streak is just so smooth, fast and very responsive!

I do have one problem though... my mobile internet is not working, nor is GPS, edge/H/3g, i tried enabling it onsettings, but it just wont work, rebooted hundreds of times, even reflashed.. still nothing... i can use wifi though... but i need my mobile intner more.. :)

any suggestions guys?

i followed every step there is from a - z without skipping any..

Guest XsCode

first post in this thread....

Known Issues:

mobile data is turned off by default it can be easily enabled in settings

no apns are included as standard these need adding manually.

try this..

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/streakdroi...tings-data.html

First of all, good job steve! My streak is just so smooth, fast and very responsive!

I do have one problem though... my mobile internet is not working, nor is GPS, edge/H/3g, i tried enabling it onsettings, but it just wont work, rebooted hundreds of times, even reflashed.. still nothing... i can use wifi though... but i need my mobile intner more.. :)

any suggestions guys?

i followed every step there is from a - z without skipping any..

Edited by XsCode

Guest User Error

anyone else having issues charging via usb? mine doesn't charge now, have to plug in to the wall to charge and battery life seems pretty bad.

otherwise loving 2.2, it's smooth. going to update the build prop and see if that fixes my camera and makes any difference with regards to charging.

Guest sukicat

The only thing I need to do is get the Camera working every thing else seems to be working Great

and I have found the Build.text (page 202) but it does not download only opens has a page of text ..

now do I save this in say Word Pad and then save it has ?? what do I save it has I presume a basic text File

or something else ?

I have Root Explorer installed on the Streak

Guest pjg_pigeon

I have entered this info now and rebooted still no luck. Not sure if its important I deleted the only two other (payandgo) options one of which was the default option. There now seems no way to set a default option now, no green radio button appears.

The defaults listed in the example has no entry for "server" or "authentication type" this are listed as " not set"

Anyone got any suggestions ?

Guest amacrobie
Co-Poilot 8 does not work

so not sure if the GPS is ok (just tried Google maps and it found my location with GPS)

Have used my froyo'd streak with CoPilot 8 (latest ver downloaded from market) with euro maps for a solid 5 hours today, no problems getting a lock and worked perfectly all the way to my destination and back. Only issue I had was with camera and replacign build.prop and clearing dalvik cache worked great for me.

Don't have a sim in at the moment (use it as a "pure" tablet, but certainly have fonud the indicated signal strength for wifi to fluctuate very badly, seems to work okay, just suspect the strength of signal is being misreported. Am sat abtou 6 feet from my access point at the moment and getting between one and full bars !

Guest andycqos
anyone else having issues charging via usb? mine doesn't charge now, have to plug in to the wall to charge and battery life seems pretty bad.

otherwise loving 2.2, it's smooth. going to update the build prop and see if that fixes my camera and makes any difference with regards to charging.

Mine does charge on USB but very slowly.

Guest XsCode

Right click on the link and select save as..

The only thing I need to do is get the Camera working every thing else seems to be working Great

and I have found the Build.text (page 202) but it does not download only opens has a page of text ..

now do I save this in say Word Pad and then save it has ?? what do I save it has I presume a basic text File

or something else ?

I have Root Explorer installed on the Streak

Guest XsCode

did you select data enabled? you select default when you select APN type

I have entered this info now and rebooted still no luck. Not sure if its important I deleted the only two other (payandgo) options one of which was the default option. There now seems no way to set a default option now, no green radio button appears.

The defaults listed in the example has no entry for "server" or "authentication type" this are listed as " not set"

Guest luckyauto

to'Stephen Hyde' and dj steve

been reading all the posting , still on confusing for froyo update (too many step and patch ), forgive me , i am a beginner with android.

i hope u can create a new post by telling us the step and way to do this froyo.pls ready for 1.6 and 2.1 dell streak user too

i will ensure and donation will be ready and thank for your hard work.

note : both of you must be tired and sleepy , take care , ready it when you are free.

many thank

Guest andycqos
Ive connected and synced fine with Touchdown. New emails come in as normal but, as I thought before, when I mark them read on the PC - and then sync Touchdown - they still show as unread on the phone.

Not the end of the world I guess

Scrub that. They have now marked themselves as read. Just took a little longer than I thought

Guest HoTdiGiTi
to'Stephen Hyde' and dj steve

been reading all the posting , still on confusing for froyo update (too many step and patch ), forgive me , i am a beginner with android.

i hope u can create a new post by telling us the step and way to do this froyo.pls ready for 1.6 and 2.1 dell streak user too

i will ensure and donation will be ready and thank for your hard work.

note : both of you must be tired and sleepy , take care , ready it when you are free.

many thank

There both the same person mate lol

But yeah a new thread starting from scratch with no " how do i" questions, just info for going from 1.6 - 2.1 and 2.1 - 2.2 for noobs. Something tidy.

Guest strvmarv

DJ Steve, I know I've said this before, but you are the man, big thanks for spending your free time doing what Dell refuses to do. For all we know they're going to swipe what you've done, bloat-it, and re-release it as "theirs" :). I'd like to see Engadget or Giz whip up an article about your efforts as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw one next week.

I have a couple not-so-important questions:

How hard, or what challenges are facing us US Streaker's not wanting to flash the UK baseband but wanting Froyo at this point? I don't like the idea of flashing the 21 baseband again to get 2.1 and then to install Froyo...with my luck they'll be a real US ROM available by the time I'm done and it's a reasonable pain to flash the baseband back (there's several good posts about it here and on XDA). Are we stuck waiting on Dell or Qualcomm for a baseband, or is there something that can be achieved now?

Guest sukicat

I have the Data only Streak and the setting don't work for me but I do have a Pay and go Sim and that works OK

so somewhere the settings must be wrong will keep checking any replys

Guest craigdabbs

great work steve, updated without a hitch :)

A couple of points to note, when searching in market in portrait mode i am unable to scroll down on the resultes untill i go into landscape and back to portrait. Not a big problem tho.

Im on O2 uk and needed to input my apn settings manually to get mobile data working

Also im just wondering if you managed to find why the streak is using landscape as its native orientation, im using launcher pro + atm and turning off the auto rotate puts me into landcape like previous builds.

Keep up the good work, a few beers on the way

Craig