DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest PJBonoVox

Hiya. Great work on this ROM :)

I know I'll probably sound like a real whiner and there's more important priorities, but just wondered if there was any official word on us Rebel SIM users? I'm hearing plenty about it not working, but wondered if a knowledgable soul might be able to help us out?

Guest Stephen Hyde
Hiya. Great work on this ROM :)

I know I'll probably sound like a real whiner and there's more important priorities, but just wondered if there was any official word on us Rebel SIM users? I'm hearing plenty about it not working, but wondered if a knowledgable soul might be able to help us out?

rebel sim works fine on the update zips - it was only the original build (that needed updated baseband) where it failed

Guest Reddy232
I don't believe ADW has anything to do with cropping wallpaper. All Android wallpapers need to be 2xwidth x 1xheight so for our Streak's it's 960x800. When you select your wallpaper drag the "cropping" tool to cover the entire image, and it will look fine.

Hope this helps.

It won't let me drag and select the entire image. I dragged it to the max and it only selects part of the image.

When I was on 2.1, I did not have this problem with the default launcher when I select one of the default wallpapers, but it was totally stretched out when I use ADW.

Guest Reddy232
It won't let me drag and select the entire image. I dragged it to the max and it only selects part of the image.

When I was on 2.1, I did not have this problem with the default launcher when I select one of the default wallpapers, but it was totally stretched out when I use ADW.

Sorry. I was trying on 800*480 wallpapers.

Just tried 960*800 and it is perfect. Thanks all for your help. Love this forum.

You guys have instant answers for everything.

Guest Vano3408
ok folks, testing time

anyone who has any skills with adb can try these changes

ideally on the v2 update

updated build.prop : http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/tester/build.prop

updated init script : http://downloads.streakdroid.com/djsteve/t...om.post_boot.sh

to install push build.prop to /system

and

push init.qcom.post_boot.sh to /system/etc

this has pushed my quadrant score to within about 50 points of a 2.2 nexus one and increased neocore to 31fps and nenamark1 to 21fps (from ~15)

could use others to test if it works too. remeber both files need pushing to see benefit

also cheers to fards for parts of the build.prop changes

Stephen, adb pushing is a must or I can use Root Explorer ? My PC with SDK tools too far from me right now...

Guest maskaler
love the new changes but having an issue with regards to sms: i use handcent as my client and have notifications for the stock messenger checked off yet they still run, i still get stock message notification in the status bar and stock ringtone. i tried a few others and had the same results, even tried removing mms.apk and could not get stock notifications to stop.

edit: this is on v2 of the zip update with new changes posted earlier. had the same issue with the 1st version as well.

anyone else experiencing this????

Not at all :| I'm using handcent too and have made all the changes you mentioned without issue. Maybe re-flash and try again?

LINPACK:

QUADRANT:

Nice to see 'My Device' on top of the world... Didn't think it was possible to be on top of my 'ex' (Nexus One)

Guest lbj23numb1

Quadrant scores

First score: 1302

Second score: 1382 that's higher then n1 2.2

Third score: 1437

Fourth score: 1232

Fifth score: 1396

Edited by lbj23numb1

Guest Andy Wofford

After replacing the two files -

Quadrant: 1381, 1539, 1617

Linpack: 29.77, 30.382, 30.742

Awesome! Now if I could just get the market apps coming up we'd have the whole package.

Guest maskaler
lower screen res? better gpu ?

1GHz Hummingbird CPU, 4-inch 800 x 480, 512MB of RAM... so I think maybe the hummingbird is swinging it, but 24FPS is a hell of a swing.

Guest luckyauto

my dell streak has been running froyo 2.2 as fast as good ,

BUT i can not sync my dell streak with my window xp , with dell 1.6 version and dell 2.1 version pc suite.

both are fail , i need to sync back all my contact.....

anyone did it ? any guide for me, thank in advance..

by the way

only the rotation (auto) is really not working well , i hope the solution will come soon.

the Mic is not as my cheapest nokia phone , my receiver cant hear me clearly

may be is a hardware limitation..

i do search , but cant find any answer

Edited by luckyauto

can someone help me on pushing those 2 files into my streak?

issit as simple as this?

adb push c:\android\build.prop /system/ ?

if let say i wanna use root explorer, how to copy paste in system folder since it is read only

Guest luckyauto

sorry to ask. urgently

my dell streak 2.2 (beta djsteve ) is unable to do sync by dell pc suite ( 1.6 and 2.1 version ) ,

pc suite shown disconnected , and only can use as usb storage.

i need sync my outlook contact to dell streak....

pls help and guide and thank

Guest Stephen Hyde
sorry to ask. urgently

my dell streak 2.2 (beta djsteve ) is unable to do sync by dell pc suite ( 1.6 and 2.1 version ) ,

pc suite shown disconnected , and only can use as usb storage.

i need sync my outlook contact to dell streak....

pls help and guide and thank

try syncing outlook to google and using gapps to get contact sync

Guest tonymenocal

It seems that with "android mate" even with su permissions granted, it will appear as though the build.prop was successfully copied to /system however

** i edited it b4 hand to see if the file was keeping changes, and they were gone after copying. So build.prop is not being overwritten as i can see so far?.. As soon as I cash my work check im going to buy root explorer to confirm the files are being copied. I suspected this as my build prop is actually 1kb smaller than the update.. Jeez wish me luck guys reflashing v2, updating and posting finds.. :) Free = not always good..

Guest Stephen Hyde

tony you probably should grab android terminal emulator and run su then mount -o remount rw /system then you'll be able to copy files to /system

Guest bostonguy
Sorry. I was trying on 800*480 wallpapers.

Just tried 960*800 and it is perfect. Thanks all for your help. Love this forum.

You guys have instant answers for everything.

Glad it worked for you. And yeah, forums are great for learning and teaching.