had the same issue

try this

1. hold volume up + down while pressing the power button

2. choose option no1 for factory reset

works fine for me and booted into v3 froyo beta

You are my hero.

That worked!

not sure how to do that

I used the free version of Titanium Backup, made a complete backup of everything, then cherry picked the apps to restore once I had 2.2 loaded. Though I am sure there are other ways of going about it, that one worked flawlessly for me. Kinda time consuming though.

Guest outsidah
I've got this too. I've been searching but nothing yet. Tried a few different things. Might be due to the UK base band but I'm not sure. Doesn't appear to be a lot of information on it or reports of it. If Anyone has any thoughts, let us know.

I downgraded back to 2.1 and back to 2.2 using the V3 zip and still no working call waiting.

It works in 2.1 (O2). I'm in the US. Anyone else having this happen?

Another issue - phone won't play ringtone while playing Pandora radio. The music stops and it shows you the call is coming in, but no ringtone.

Edited by outsidah

Guest outsidah
Dumb question: to go from v2 to v3, I have to downgrade to 2.1, then upgrade using v3. Right?

No, unless you want a full wipe of your data.

If you just apply v3 over v2 it will work. The problem is when you wipe your phone...that's when you have to get into loading 2.1 again.

No, unless you want a full wipe of your data.

If you just apply v3 over v2 it will work. The problem is when you wipe your phone...that's when you have to get into loading 2.1 again.

Great, thank you.

Guest tonemgub1
So the upgrade to v3 does not wipe your phone? Apps are still there, desktop intact?

Short answer: yes :)

Long answer, I tried both ways just for the kick and I can confirm that if you have v2, v3 keeps it all.

Guest send2toonie

battery issues partly solved.

For me I found the culprit of random shut downs, not reboots, to be issues with the back battery cover. poor contact at those two terminals can leads to shut downs.

I cleaned the cover really well and a put a very slight bend in the cover to make better contact and have not had any issues with random shut downs at all.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but is there a way to tell the phone to ignore those contacts? or better/easier to hardwire it?

BTW Steve version 3 is AWESOME! It feels like I have my nexus one back with a bigger screen!!!

Hey Steve,

Question:

Is the sysctl mod not needed anymore with these latest builds? Would it further speed up or help anything?

Edit: some info about data settings in build.prop

I also found some edits and what they do for the build.prop to speed up data, maybe they can be added to the build.prop

Link: http://mystica.pastebin.com/giUbsa7p

1. ro.ril.hsxpa=2 < enable both hsdpa AND hsupa, 1 is hsdpa only UMTS Uplink

2. ro.ril.hsdpa.category=8 < see Wikipedia on categories for HSPA

3. ro.ril.hsupa.category=5 < ""

4. ro.ril.hep=1 < not sure what this is, someone recommended it, i didnt see a difference

5. # ro.ril.enable.dtm=1 < enable "dual transfer mode" on EDGE networks; requires different GPRS class setting below

6. ro.ril.enable.a53=1 < enable stronger ciphering on 3G

7. ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1 < again not sure what this does

8. ro.ril.gprsclass=10 < Set for compatibility with some broken networks in pennsylvania that didnt want to keep on edge properly when set to 12 (faster uplink) or 32 (full multislot dual mode for voice/data on EDGE)

Check the build. Prop, they should be there already,

No the sysctl don't work with the. 32 kernel not certain what else I can do to give you More speed, but I'm still looking...

Edited by fards

Guest mmmputch
Check the build. Prop, they should be there already,

No the sysctl don't work with the. 32 kernel not certain what else I can do to give you More speed, but I'm still looking...

Thanks fards.

I checked the build.prop and the most important mods are there (hsdpa). The speed is great, just trying to push the limits!

Guest jamezwarner

0.3 Working well, only comments are the dragging bar on the notifications app has its theme stretched, and the "clear" button is a little messy - Black theme very nice so far though!

James

Guest jamezwarner
Does anyone else have the A/V dock? I can't get it to work on 2.2 at all

Guessing this is something to do with stephen releasing the 30fps limit imposed by the HDMI...

Guest sukicat

Seem to have sorted the Rooting problem download the latest androot and after a couple of trys it rooted OK

so I can now edit files when need and got my FM Radio back on which I use quite frequently

other wise Great update and very nice Theme,

Just notice that it say Froyo Beta 1 in the Build number should that have been Beta 2 ?

Edited by sukicat

I cannot seem to upgrade.

I select update using package.zip and the loading bar goes a tiny bit but theres text to the left saying "verification failed" and it reboots back to 2.1 :)

Edited by LiamD

Guest jamezwarner

I select update using package.zip and the loading bar goes a tiny bit but theres text to the left saying "verification failed" and it reboots back to 2.1 :)

you need to use update from zip on sd card instead then choose correct package...

you are using the custom recovery? check that the zip is on the sd card and check you chose the update zip option2 when custom recovery comes up try a factory reset first option one

you are using the custom recovery? check that the zip is on the sd card and check you chose the update zip option2 when custom recovery comes up try a factory reset first option one

Honestly i don't know if i'm using custom recovery or not, i just followed the options in the guide, says to reboot with volume buttons pressed and select update - exactly what i did.