DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Hi!

Two short questions

Is the homepage on 2.2 in Landscape or Portrait??

Has anyone else beside Stephen tried quadrant bench??

No nobody, Steve just made his results up after trying my tweaks... obviously I wouldn't have tested them at all, nor would several other people Before he did it..

Seriously, that reads as if you don't believe the results, why do you think he or anyone else would make that up?are you really that unpleasant?

Do you know what

after the reading the amount of stupid ignorant comments on the lay few pages, from ungrateful idiots who obviously believe they have some right to complain about any minor little thing in a community based rom that people spend their free time to get out, that clearly says is beta, and a work in progress

Sod it. Let's see you do better...

I'll keep any future improvements, tweaks and bugfixes to myself...

Guest parks387
No nobody, Steve just made his results up after trying my tweaks... obviously I wouldn't have tested them at all, nor would several other people Before he did it..

Seriously, that reads as if you don't believe the results, why do you think he or anyone else would make that up?are you really that unpleasant?

Do you know what

after the reading the amount of stupid ignorant comments on the lay few pages, from ungrateful idiots who obviously believe they have some right to complain about any minor little thing in a community based rom that people spend their free time to get out, that clearly says is beta, and a work in progress

im sure about half of the 59 pages in this thread are people making requests! maybe start a new thread for complaints with this BETA.

Im with you fards

Steve i have been having trouble connecting to WPA/WPA2 PSK wifi network it just dont even show the network on beta 1 where i was on the 2.1 rom it showed fine tonight i have just updated to beta 2 so when i go to work tommorow fingers crossed its gonna show this time will report back but something was definetly not wright as i tried formating many times going back to 2.1 and then back to froyo still the same so hope this update works. I dont know if you can emutate a WPA/WPA2 PSK network and try for yourself or if anyone here on the forums has this type of network to try can report here thanks.

Update i thought the problem i have been having above mite just work with new beta 03 but the problem still remains to be solved any more ideas?

My home network is WPA2 and i've not had a problem with any of the Froyo releases.

Update i thought the problem i have been having above mite just work with new beta 03 but the problem still remains to be solved any more ideas?

Guest parks387
My home network is WPA2 and i've not had a problem with any of the Froyo releases.

same here. I work retail at multiple locations, all in which i've installed the wireless networks at which have wpa2 (as well as at home) and I have had no problems. The only thing that I have noticed is that some devices, even computers, cant read channels outside of a certain frequency. That, or maybe check for an update on the router side of things. I know you (Jutley) have said in past posts that 2.1 didnt have any issues with this but it may be that the streak under 2.2 cant find a specific channel? I will test with my router at home on different channels to see if I can maybe pinpoint a channel that doesnt work correctly and get back to you.

Guest prawnballs

Do you know what

Fards, keep your chin up. The positive comments far out weigh the negatives in this thread. Don't let the minority put you off! I'm loving v3 and that is partly down to your tweaks..

Edited by prawnballs

Guest haynesteve

Prawnballs, don't let the idiots spoil the magnificant job that's been done on this. Steve is a genius, just as ninpo was with the HTC Hero. v0.3 is fabulous - I had a few problems, especially with wi-fi, but after checking, it was down to my router. So people, search the threads for similar problems, and/or do some checking of your own before whining about this, that or the other that seems not to work for you. Rant over.......

Guest matty.cptk

Haters will Hate. Moaners will moan. the story will go on.

im happy with v3, i'll admit it was strange after i updated from v2 as nothing hardly worked and i had to re-install most apps. BUT i never came here and created a new thread / posted in this thread about it, i played around with the device and fixed everything myself.

i guess some people are too lazy and expect it handed down to them on a golden plate and expect it to work., they should remember that these releases are from neither Dell or O2, so they aren't going to be smooth right away.

Guest jnovello

I don't know, forums are like texts or emails. It's pretty silly to try and gauge exactly what people are feeling or meaning when the type something. It's a public forum so you must take the good with the bad. All I know is a couple of weeks ago I was unsure of commands, and now I feel very confident mucking around with anything. That is in part to many people realizing that everyone has to start out some where. I would hate to have been called names and threatened over information. I'm grateful for all the work that's been done and happy to be involved in any way.

same here. I work retail at multiple locations, all in which i've installed the wireless networks at which have wpa2 (as well as at home) and I have had no problems. The only thing that I have noticed is that some devices, even computers, cant read channels outside of a certain frequency. That, or maybe check for an update on the router side of things. I know you (Jutley) have said in past posts that 2.1 didnt have any issues with this but it may be that the streak under 2.2 cant find a specific channel? I will test with my router at home on different channels to see if I can maybe pinpoint a channel that doesnt work correctly and get back to you.

Thankyou atleast i have some hope my home router is wpa/wpa2 and it conjects fine to that its just the work router bt hub again was fine under 2.1 there has to be a soulotin. Anyway thanks in advance to anyone who can help here.

Guest Ed Venture

Okay - I too have had problems connecting to some APs. The ones that give me the most fight are ones running in combined WPA-PSK & WPA2-PSK mode. In fact the AP in my office (Netgear WG302v2) would NOT let me connect this afternoon. I was using the WiFi Manager app to initiate the connections and it did connect, but hang on "Aquiring IP Address..."

So I logged in to the AP and it's settings were as follows:

Authentication: WPA-PSK & WPA2-PSK

Encryption: TKIP+AES

I then went through all the variables of authentication and encryption to determine where my Streak would quit connecting to narrow it down, so I reconfigured my AP and tested in the following order:

(1)

Authentication: WPA2-PSK

Encryption: AES

WORKED!

(2)

Authentication: WPA2-PSK

WORKED!

(3)

Authentication: WPA-PSK

WORKED!

(4)

Authentication: WPA-PSK

Encryption: TKIP

WORKED!

(5)

Authentication: WPA-PSK & WPA2-PSK

And to my surprise - IT WORKED!

So I don't know if the process of resetting the Authentication and Encryption (which required a restart of the radio) on the AP cleared out the problem, or what. What I do know is that I did not power-cycle the Streak OR the AP between settings changes. So finally, I rebooted the Streak to see if it could still connect, and it still does. So, honestly I don't know what's going on here.

Something screwy is going on with the wireless. I thought it was going to be a problem with TKIP, but that wasn't the case. I will keep an eye on my ability to connect under scenario (5). If I come back in and cannot connect, I will try power-cycling the AP to see if I can connect after a reboot.

Other than that, has anyone else run through the variables and got different results? Different AP's may have different results.

Ed

Guest johnh123
Great job Steve!

I have a US Streak on AT&T one problem I am having is that the touch screen stops responding.

This happens after I have been carrying the phone locked and in my pocket for a short while.

The the home, menu and back buttons vibrate when touched but the screen will do nothing. One trick I have found is to keep my thumb over the home button then swype very slowly. This will occasionally work.

Any ideas on what might be going on?

W.G.

Yes, that has nothing to do with froyo, though. I had the problem on stock 1.6. Had to get my streak replaced. Try the calibration.

Guest mrmrmrmr

Can anyone confirm that;

1. Dell PC Suite does not work

2. Outlook Tasks app is not available

3. Outlook Notes app is not available

I really want to use this build of Froyo but I can't live without Dell PC suite and contacts/tasks/notes synchronization.

Please confirm either these apps are available/working or not...

Guest PaulVlagsma
Per Steve, the black theme only works with 140 I believe. I just switched the two files (services.jar and framework-res.apk) back to factory and everything works fine, just no black theme.

Also works OK for 180

Thankyou atleast i have some hope my home router is wpa/wpa2 and it conjects fine to that its just the work router bt hub again was fine under 2.1 there has to be a soulotin. Anyway thanks in advance to anyone who can help here.

Can you confirm that the work router is definitely not on one of the UK only channels (12 or 13) as the current build is working on the US frequency range so if the router is on those frequencies the streak won't see it

Guest Stephen Hyde
Can you confirm that the work router is definitely not on one of the UK only channels (12 or 13) as the current build is working on the US frequency range so if the router is on those frequencies the streak won't see it

theirs an option in advanced wifi setup to change num channels

theirs an option in advanced wifi setup to change num channels

yep - there is a setting - but it doesn't actually do anything! if you set 13 or 14 channels it still doesn't do channels 12 & 13 and the wifi channels setting in build.prop doesn't seem to do anything either.

Guest strvmarv
IN the new build.prop, I think ro.ril.gprsclass=32 is a typo. It should be

ro.ril.gprsclass=12

12 is the highest possible "GPRS Class"

Interesting, I see references to up to 34 on Wikipedia (appears edited in 2007):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Packe...or_GPRS.2FEGPRS

but on the same note I see references to only 12 (appears edited in 2004):

http://www.newlc.com/en/GPRS-Class-overview.html

I'm thinking it's not a typo...

Interesting, I see references to up to 34 on Wikipedia (appears edited in 2007):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Packe...or_GPRS.2FEGPRS

but on the same note I see references to only 12 (appears edited in 2004):

http://www.newlc.com/en/GPRS-Class-overview.html

I'm thinking it's not a typo...

32 is quite valid - but I doubt anyone will ever see it working in real life unless they happen to be the only one on the cell at the time. It uses 6 timeslots and after the signalling timeslots there are only 6 free so it blocks the whole of that carrier on that cell.

Edited by navrac

Can somebody having v2 please post the init.qcom.post_boot file.

I replaced the one that steve posted in p48 but for some reason find that my handset is slower...

I want to go back and i did not back up the original one