DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest strvmarv
Usb tether works fine here camcorder i aint check lately n wifi tether ill fix when i get cm6sorted

Beautiful job Steve! Much appreciated...very anxious for the CM ROM...post up anything that we might be able to help you with!

Guest PaulVlagsma
Interesting, I see references to up to 34 on Wikipedia (appears edited in 2007):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Packe...or_GPRS.2FEGPRS

but on the same note I see references to only 12 (appears edited in 2004):

http://www.newlc.com/en/GPRS-Class-overview.html

I'm thinking it's not a typo...

Well picked up. I'm obviously no GPRS expert.

The Streak is spec'd at:

GPRS Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots), 32 - 48 kbps

EDGE Class 12

according to http://www..com/dell_streak-3353.php .

The maximum of 5 up+down connections puts it in gprs class 12.

(grps class 32 would be 6 simultaneous up+down connections)

Where gsmarena get their info, I don't know. I can't find this on the Dell site.

Guest ksprelude01

I did a "flashing baseband" install of the 2.2 v1 over my stock 1.6 (6601) rom and tried to install "update-new.zip route" with v3 right over top of my "Baseband install" of v1. Since I did that my phone will not connect to any network its says "PreloadedNetworkSettings still at work" I know this is because i needed to go back to 2.1 baseband...but how do I do that! Ok so I have been trying a bunch of thing ways and can't figure out how to get myself back to even 1.6 6601 Some how I got myself back to the nonconecting 2.2 v3 froyo since I couldnt bootup to any other versions. Please help me get back to 1.6 or what ever i need to to get the new v3 working Thanks!

Guest mrmrmrmr
Can anyone confirm that;

1. Dell PC Suite does not work

2. Outlook Tasks app is not available

3. Outlook Notes app is not available

I really want to use this build of Froyo but I can't live without Dell PC suite and contacts/tasks/notes synchronization.

Please confirm either these apps are available/working or not...

why do you all ignore this question ? it's a very easy jot to check if there are these apps (outlook taska and outlook notes) on the apps drawer.

Please share this information...

Guest jnovello
I did a "flashing baseband" install of the 2.2 v1 over my stock 1.6 (6601) rom and tried to install "update-new.zip route" with v3 right over top of my "Baseband install" of v1. Since I did that my phone will not connect to any network its says "PreloadedNetworkSettings still at work" I know this is because i needed to go back to 2.1 baseband...but how do I do that! Ok so I have been trying a bunch of thing ways and can't figure out how to get myself back to even 1.6 6601 Some how I got myself back to the nonconecting 2.2 v3 froyo since I couldnt bootup to any other versions. Please help me get back to 1.6 or what ever i need to to get the new v3 working Thanks!

There is a guide over @ XDA that will help you get back to stock 8105 2.1 and then to the new v2 Froyo and then you can apply v3.

Guest jsm7483
why do you all ignore this question ? it's a very easy jot to check if there are these apps (outlook taska and outlook notes) on the apps drawer.

Please share this information...

Because these have all been answered in the thread. No to all.

I have tested channel 4, 5, 6 and 7 and they are working perfectly.

If you have a WIFI problem, check first that you AP or Router is using one of these channel

Guest wgpringle
I think you need to do touch screen calibration.

I had this problem too, but once I did the calibration it worked fine.

Yep, that worked. Thanks so much.

Is the marketplace now fixed? This is the one major feature that is not working for me. (I am on updatev2) I would really love to have google voice back on my phone :-).

Ive found that doing a factory reset post install seems to give me good results. Not sure why that should be. Yes my market has been working fine since v3.

Steve, fards - quick one on trolls. Remember that there are certain people that would rather you weren't doing what you're doing. I'd regard trolls with a healthy suspicion and then totally disregard them.

Edited by raidet

Guest prawnballs
google voice search will be installable in beta 4 - fixed market issues

Market fix makes this almost perfect for me. Big thank you to you Stephen. Out of interest have you noticed the colour distortion on YouTube, particularly the green bar at the top? About time I send you a donation me thinks (done)

Edited by prawnballs

Guest Stephen Hyde
Market fix makes this almost perfect for me. Big thank you to you Stephen. Out of interest have you noticed the colour distortion on YouTube, particularly the green bar at the top? About time I send you a donation me thinks!

cant say ive seen that but the last youtube vids i watched were demand five videos using flash

Guest prawnballs
cant say ive seen that but the last youtube vids i watched were demand five videos using flash

YouTube through the browser works fine, so thanks for the tip. Keep forgetting I've got thebenefit of flash. So the issue just appears in the youtube app. I thought the issue was related to LCD density, but getting the same on 140 and 160.

Guest rahulkadukar
Steve, fards - quick one on trolls. Remember that there are certain people that would rather you weren't doing what you're doing. I'd regard trolls with a healthy suspicion and then totally disregard them.

What he said is correct. What you guys have done is simply brilliant, you have basically made Streak the best Android device there is (I love Desire HD, but since I don't own it, the Streak is better :) ) anyway the point is keep up the good work and ignore all these other comments, they are not good enough to understand and appreciate the magnitude of your work

Guest clickspace

After a couple of days testing the new build.prop and the other file you posted, to be honest I didnt see an improvement to speed but the battery life fell drastically. I noticed a % drop every few minutes or so. I have gone back to the V2 build.prop Not had any problems with that at all!

Updated from O2's 2.1 > V1 2.2 > V2 2.2 using 160 density.

Cant wait for V4