DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest RedSlug
anyone who hasn flashed baseband and wants to try a build that will work without flashign it (rebelsim users this means you lot too !!! - restore back to 2.1 using pkg to restore your baseband) try this zip : http://build.streakdroid.com/update-new.zip

gps is known broken in this tho

Does this mean I don't have to worry about installing drivers. Just go from my 2.1 to 2.2?

Guest Stephen Hyde
Does this mean I don't have to worry about installing drivers. Just go from my 2.1 to 2.2?

it does indeed provided you are aware gps is broke for now

Guest sukicat
anyone who hasn flashed baseband and wants to try a build that will work without flashign it (rebelsim users this means you lot too !!! - restore back to 2.1 using pkg to restore your baseband) try this zip : http://build.streakdroid.com/update-new.zip

excuse my ignorance but I download the Zip but do I need to rename it to a APK file ?

Guest radomir

RebelSim working perfect!!!!

Thanks

excuse my ignorance but I download the Zip but do I need to rename it to a APK file ?

Install with recovery .(zip file).

Edited by radomir

Guest finalmoksha

Dont need gps anyway but I am anxious to get froyo on my phone. Thanks once again.

Have froyo now. Thanks a lot mate. Could live without GPS and camera till it gets fixed. No hurry at all.

Cheers.

Edited by finalmoksha

Guest maskaler
RebelSim working perfect!!!!

Thanks

So this can't just be renamed to Update.pkg like the leaked O2 ROM (6941?) ?

Guest johnnobts

market fix would be helpful... no slingbox for me at the moment... also, barnacle won't work either, guess with the data/wifi issue... will a usb tether app work ok?

Guest maskaler
market fix would be helpful... no slingbox for me at the moment... also, barnacle won't work either, guess with the data/wifi issue... will a usb tether app work ok?

Doesn't 2.2 come with built-in tethering as standard?

Guest timbomfg

Just to let you all know...

I had no issues removing Amazon MP3, Zinio, CoPilot and Swype, using the good ole method that is, RW mode in Root Explorer. That plus a copy of UniversalAndroot to get the superuser UI working...

Subsequently, installed my real copy of CoPilot with no drama or issues, only singly copy showing in installed apps, and it lets me uninstall if needs be!

Just delete the .apk for the apps in question in /system/apps and then reboot for good measure. If you have some sort of process manager, it would be a good idea to kill everything before you do the dirty.

Edited by timbomfg

Guest JaysFreaky

I'm having zero bugs at the moment (other than the droid x keyboard crashing).

However, I can't find Google Voice on the market. A direct QR code I found just brings up nothing. Market incompatibility?

Guest James VanDyke

You can't do this with stock recovery tho can you?

Can anyone but a guide togather for the androidally challenged?

Guest luckyauto

hi stephen ,radomir , all

sorry to ask below few question , since all of us is excited and exhausted also ,

i still hope to get the 2.2 froyo can work with rebel sim and more detail installation guide , because i am a layman and very confused , really sorry.

1.the above update-new.zip is 2.1 or 2.2 ?

2. use what method to install this zip recovery file ( more describe pls ) ?

3. this update zip file , need install with post #1 together , or this is a standlone app also ?

4. since the phone / call is able to work , what is the reason GPS , not working ? is it software or hard ware problem.

many thank

Guest ANONNY

Sorry but... when i have updated before, I have had a Update.pkg file, and after that the process is dead easy. Is this possible to make a Update.pkg file?

I presume, that you just need to rename the updates you want to install, Update.pkg then you can swap and change as you like... no?

Guest LorD CLockaN
Sorry but... when i have updated before, I have had a Update.pkg file, and after that the process is dead easy. Is this possible to make a Update.pkg file?

I presume, that you just need to rename the updates you want to install, Update.pkg then you can swap and change as you like... no?

hm, if you don't know how to update with update.zip, maybe it's better not to do this :)

Go custom recovery, and update from update.zip...