DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest miker71
v4 is uploading as i type. think i might make this first proper release actually as i dont think the bugs are serious enough to keep it a beta, what do people reckon?

v2 has been rock solid for me in general. if v4 has market fixed then that's RC at minimum surely :)

(haven't found the time to get to v3, but market fix will swing it for me to make the effort to flash v4)

once again ... a big thankyou for keeping the energy and momentum going!

Guest sukicat
factory reset :) (hold both vol keys and choose factory reset

Just update and all seems fine ..

If I do the reset will it wipe anything out Apps etc. ? has I have never done that

Guest mrmrmrmr
Because these have all been answered in the thread. No to all.

thank you :)

then I'll have to wait for a future release (maybe Dell release)

Although I appreciate the efforts that Steve and others do for the community I can not think of a device with no sync possibility with my Outlook tasks, notes and contacts.

Guest sukicat
yep it wipes everything, if market shows skype its working

Not sure if I like that ..can I Clear Data from the Market App would that do it (just clutching at straws)

Guest Stephen Hyde
thank you :)

then I'll have to wait for a future release (maybe Dell release)

Although I appreciate the efforts that Steve and others do for the community I can not think of a device with no sync possibility with my Outlook tasks, notes and contacts.

you could alway sync outlook to google and then you wouldn have the problem

Guest Stephen Hyde
Not sure if I like that ..can I Clear Data from the Market App would that do it (just clutching at straws)

in theory force close market clear data it should do it

Guest sukicat
in theory force close market clear data it should do it

Clearing Data from the APP worked Fine can get Skype on the Apps list seems a much better way ..Thanks

And I do like the new pull down Menu ..

Edited by sukicat

Guest MrMartay

All's good here.

V4 is a beauty and the Black Theme works so well!

Had the same problem with swype not working though, so incase theres any folk that don't know, delete libSwypeCore.so from root-> system-> lib, re-installed swype and we're off and running!

Superb work Stephen, superb. Thank you so much.

Was release v1 a full build that wipes all data? It didn't for me which is good but market still not working, cent find.d skype

Edited by ipguy

ipguy no it doesnt wipe but remeber to clear market data in settings > apps>manage>all

Steve, great work mate!

just one suggestion, can you make the text in notifications black on white please.

Guest jannism

Great work Stephen - will check it out if I ever get a moments peace, this weekend.

Do you think perhaps a new thread is in order, though? This one's pretty unwieldy now with well over a thousand posts and as this is officially version 1.0 I think it warrants it. Would help to keep any future iterations and their associated comments within their respective boundaries. Mods? Anyone? ...Bueller?

Edited by jannism

Guest Chaz_UK

Just updated and all is working well except the camera as others have reported. I get a "cannot connect to Camera" error.

Other than that, it's great! :)

I think you should go for 'Release Candidate' rather than official release or some ungrateful buggers will whinge and moan about the slightest fault.

Then you can leave it like that and get on with Cm :-)