DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Dogmann55

Hi Steve

First of all yet again congratulations on all your hard work and achievements as well as this Froyo build now being out of Beta personally i can't wait to see what else you come up with after all your great work so far and as its now out of Beta i decided its time to upgrade.

I also have to say thanks to all the others for their guides and how to's on the Forum as it made converting from an unlocked Dell Streak 00 to this pretty painless and easy going from 00 1.6 build to the 02 2.1 8105 after which i just dropped the update.zip on my SD card and used Clockwork to apply it. I did have a slight moment of panic when it got stuck on the Dell logo but from reading in this thread i just did a couple of factory resets and now its all good it will take me a while to set everything up and adjust the screen resolution as at the moment it it looks tiny and small for my tastes.

Marc

PS Steve still waiting to arrange getting you the spare Streak i have for your development work.

Guest chellotta
Hi Steve

First of all yet again congratulations on all your hard work and achievements as well as this Froyo build now being out of Beta personally i can't wait to see what else you come up with after all your great work so far and as its now out of Beta i decided its time to upgrade.

I also have to say thanks to all the others for their guides and how to's on the Forum as it made converting from an unlocked Dell Streak 00 to this pretty painless and easy going from 00 1.6 build to the 02 2.1 8105 after which i just dropped the update.zip on my SD card and used Clockwork to apply it. I did have a slight moment of panic when it got stuck on the Dell logo but from reading in this thread i just did a couple of factory resets and now its all good it will take me a while to set everything up and adjust the screen resolution as at the moment it it looks tiny and small for my tastes.

Marc

PS Steve still waiting to arrange getting you the spare Streak i have for your development work.

can you tell me the link where you got the update.zip for o2 2.1 8105

thanks

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok, file is back up same link

if you have issues with freeze at dell logo hold down both vol buttons and choose the factory reset - this will wipe all apps etc though

cheers for waiting folks - i also removed the libSwypeCore.so lib from update so swype should install easily now

dogmann55 yep i know, been busy as hell last 2 days,

I'm seeing an interesting bug with the market app, if I launch it I only see 10th apps max, no possibility of loading more, if I then rotate to landscape and back to portrait I then get the ability to load more as I scroll down.

Anyone seeing the same?

post-400896-1287239459_thumb.png

Hmm... I get the camera error but on mine the status bar is the new cool black theme, not grey. On a related note, the carrier name in notifications is a dark grey and barely legible. Also white text on grey background (old/inactive notifications) is a little hard to see. On active notifications like 'downloads/installs' the black text looks really good.

Thanks for all your time and effort on this. I was thinking of selling my Streak but your custom 2.2 rom makes it so much nicer to use over 2.1 so I think it's a keeper.

YOU ROCK!

:)

Guest Stephen Hyde
Hmm... I get the camera error but on mine the status bar is the new cool black theme, not grey. On a related note, the carrier name in notifications is a dark grey and barely legible. Also white text on grey background (old/inactive notifications) is a little hard to see. On active notifications like 'downloads/installs' the black text looks really good.

Thanks for all your time and effort on this. I was thinking of selling my Streak but your custom 2.2 rom makes it so much nicer to use over 2.1 so I think it's a keeper.

YOU ROCK!

fixed that color issue in new update too :)

Guest Stephen Hyde
Thats it.

Camera works, drop down is easier to see..

Good job! Get yourself up the pub for some well deserved beer!

that wouldbe good but 1. i dont drink and 2 im at work in ~2 hours

Guest chellotta
that bug was in 1.6 also i suspect its something in the market app itself (which since its closed source is out of my hands)

I think I will give 2.2 another try. where can I download your v1.1?

Guest MrMartay
that wouldbe good but 1. i dont drink and 2 im at work in ~2 hours

lol! Fair enough. I would say it sucks to be you but clearly, it doesn't.

Great stuff.

Guest rahulkadukar

I am on Version 0.1 with a working baseband and I upgraded using the fastboot method with the 4 files. If I want to go to V1, can I simply download the zip start the phone holding down volume buttons and then select pkg from card and point it to zip, is this the way to do it ?