DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stephen Hyde

sounds like you have tried the baseband update in the past in which case you NEED to go back to 2.1 via the update pkg then upgrade to fix you network issue

Guest Stephen Hyde
I am on Version 0.1 with a working baseband and I upgraded using the fastboot method with the 4 files. If I want to go to V1, can I simply download the zip start the phone holding down volume buttons and then select pkg from card and point it to zip, is this the way to do it ?

you need to get the 8105 update.pkg and use that to downgrade your install to 2.1 which should downgrade your baseband also (check after 2.1 has booted that you get signal) then simply flash clockwork recovery and update

Edited by Stephen Hyde

Guest chellotta
you need to get the 8105 update.pkg and use that to downgrade your install to 2.1 which should downgrade your baseband also (check after 2.1 has booted that you get signal) then simply flash clockwork recovery and update

yes that's what i was trying to do earlier but when i downloaded the recovery.stock.new.img file to replace clockwork recovery, i got stuck because the instructions said to put it wherever "fastboot.exe" was. im not sure what it means by that...

Guest Stephen Hyde
yes that's what i was trying to do earlier but when i downloaded the recovery.stock.new.img file to replace clockwork recovery, i got stuck because the instructions said to put it wherever "fastboot.exe" was. im not sure what it means by that...

follow the guide by homeiss he explains about fastboot etc

Guest OrionBG

Hi Stephen

Just a quick question! Is there any possibility to port the codecs from the Samsung Galaxy S to the streak? The SGS has the best possible codec support to date!

Guest Techneut

How come I am not seeing your 'black theme'?

Ever since v0.3, I've tried literarily everything, even downgraded to 2.1 and back to the newest v1.

Still, I am seeing only some blue curtains, and I cannot find a black theme anywhere...

What am I doing wrong?

Guest OrionBG

Ever since v0.3, I've tried literarily everything, even downgraded to 2.1 and back to the newest v1.

Still, I am seeing only some blue curtains, and I cannot find a black theme anywhere...

What am I doing wrong?

Isn't your taskbar at the top Black?

Edited by OrionBG

Guest Stephen Hyde

What am I doing wrong?

let me guess your using a lcd_density of 200 or above ?

Guest miker71

initially looking all good here (camera fixed v1.0 release), can confirm market is fully back after clearing data (Lithium Player, Ultra Keyboard ...)

did not need to do a factory reset coming from v0.2 beta (so far ....)

thanks again for all the hard work and contributions, greedily looking forward to a CM release in future :)

EDIT: "Go Root" worked on second attempt, as expected. Gonna go back to LCD 160 or maybe 180 density, cos 140 funks out Ultra Keyboard. Saw the warning about 200 and above, won't go there.

Edited by miker71

oh ok, now i am downloading using my streak it did stuck at 5.7mb but then it continue to download again. It about 76.26mb. Should be the latest update right?

Guest Stephen Hyde
oh ok, now i am downloading using my streak it did stuck at 5.7mb but then it continue to download again. It about 76.26mb. Should be the latest update right?

yep it should about correct

Guest jamezwarner

Version 1 running fine, is the change to red notification text deliberate? I'd prefer a white text on black bits and black text on the light grey bits - Means it doesn't clash with whatever wallpaper people choose... Thanks for all your hard work :)

Guest timbomfg

Well, i'm flashed up, all up and running etc. There no plans to offer a vanilla rom? I kinda hate the black ui (and despise the red txt, its a real issue for me due to inability to see certain colours), stuff like the dropdown for the notifications looks streached.

That, and i've totally lost 3G/HSDPA/CDMA/GSM etc. WiFi and GPS seem fine though.

If i try to go into APNs, it says its still preloading.

Ran a factory reset with this new rom just to rule out any other issues, same issues return.

Edit: And somehow my ultrakeyboard now appears in the middle of the display.

Edited by timbomfg

Guest timbomfg

sounds like you have the new baseband.

and replace the services.jar and framework-res.apk from v1 or v2 to get rid of black skin :)

Okay, so what can i do to get the radio back?

Guest Stephen Hyde

use the 8105 update.pkg to downgrade to 8105 - let it boot and check you get signal and baseband is reverted to GAUSB in settings>about if so then continue and upgrade to 2.2, if not rerun the pkg as i know it took me 2 attempts to get it to flash properly

Guest timbomfg
use the 8105 update.pkg to downgrade to 8105 - let it boot and check you get signal and baseband is reverted to GAUSB in settings>about if so then continue and upgrade to 2.2, if not rerun the pkg as i know it took me 2 attempts to get it to flash properly

This is because the 0.1 release had to use a newer baseband whereas 1.0 can use the stock baseband?

And is it me, or has build.prop moved? Want to adjust dpi as i suspect thats what causes my keyboard to display in the centre of the screen.

Thanks for keeping the updates coming.

Problem though -> my phone doesn't seem to rotate anymore, stick in portrait.

Edit > I turned the auto change option off and on and that fixed it :)

Upon further use, the red notification text is really out of place, it would be best to have the notification bar have white text. The red text when you pull it down looks okay-ish though.

Edited by LiamD