DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest timbomfg

Well im looking fairly boned here.

To flash back to 8105 i need to restore the stock recovery, so did that, let the device boot back up, then turned it off again. Booted into recovery, selected upgrade.pkg, and device sits at black screen.

Steve, you have done a fantastic job....There's no no doubt about it...I have to agree that the red notification text is just a little out of place and i noticing that the time is still on white text.

My first attempt to update to the froyo build but im not sure what I have done wrong. I was previously on 2.1 and followed all the instructions but after 2 attempts at flashing it is stuck on the dell boot screen. Any advice?

Edited by NO1FAN

sounds like you have the new baseband.

and replace the services.jar and framework-res.apk from v1 or v2 to get rid of black skin :)

For anyone wanting to do this, unzip the update-V2 file. The two files can be found in /system/framework in the extracted ZIP file.

Copy these these two files to /system/framework on the Streak with Root Explorer. Reset and you have the original theme back.

Guest timbomfg
For anyone wanting to do this, unzip the update-V2 file. The two files can be found in /system/framework in the extracted ZIP file.

Copy these these two files to /system/framework on the Streak with Root Explorer. Reset and you have the original theme back.

Noted incase i get my streak working again...

My first attempt to update to the froyo build but im not sure what I have done wrong. I was previously on 2.1 and followed all the instructions but after 2 attempts at flashing it is stuck on the dell boot screen. Any advice?

Flashed 3 more times but still having the same problem stuck on the dell logo

Flashed 2 more times but still having the same problem stuck on the dell logo. Back to 2.1

Not just me then. I know It's something simple I have done wrong but just not sure what.

This is the silkiest built so far. Sooooo goood. But seriously.Some people, If you cant happily install a custom recovery and boot it, without bitchin..Dont try and install custom roms..Respects to all envolved.

Guest digthemlows
This is the silkiest built so far. Sooooo goood. But seriously.Some people, If you cant happily install a custom recovery and boot it, without bitchin..Dont try and install custom roms..Respects to all envolved.

agreed!! Be careful, read, and if it doesn't work, don't complain, ask nicely and someone will help.....

I went from 2.2 beta1 to this Version1 and it is awesome!! Had to factory reset to get outta being stuck at the dell logo, but that's what the instructions said to do!! Thanks! !

Guest stuliv12
should be able to replace the build.prop and /system/etc folders on v2 yep, but wiping dalvik will also be needed (and clearing market data in settings>apps>

hi, i copied the build.prop, and the etc folder, wiped market data and then the dalvik cache, market doesnt show skype, any ideas?

thankyou.

hi, i copied the build.prop, and the etc folder, wiped market data and then the dalvik cache, market doesnt show skype, any ideas?

thankyou.

Did you force close the market before wiping its data?

Anyone else experiencing messed up OSD graphics in Gallery?

Check these out...

post-742612-1287251349_thumb.jpg

post-742612-1287251358_thumb.jpg

post-742612-1287251366_thumb.jpg

Also, all screenshots using 'Screenshot It' and 'Shootme' all turn out reddish?? I used 'screenshot' from the Market and it works great.

Edited by EZ44

Guest stuliv12
Did you force close the market before wiping its data?

hi, yeah, i made sure the market wasnt running when i cleared data. Maybe ill have to risk a new flash, i just dont want to lose whats on the phone.

i cleared the dalvik cache in a terminal emulator

su

cd data/dalvik-cache

rm *

that should work right?

Edited by stuliv12

Guest Chaz_UK
Anyone else experiencing messed up OSD graphics in Gallery?

Check these out...

<snip>

Also, all screenshots using 'Screenshot It' and 'Shootme' all turn out reddish?? I used 'screenshot' from the Market and it works great.

Yeah, my gallery is the same as yours EZ44. :)