DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest mrmrmrmr
you could alway sync outlook to google and then you wouldn have the problem

well, thank you but it does not work as good as a native sync application because;

1. it only syncs contacts and no notes/tasks app is available on Android that way... I really need my notes and tasks to be synced periodically.

2. not all fields of contacts are synced I guess. For example, I need the birthday field and photos of the contacts and other fields as well.

3. There are some contacts, tasks and notes that I wouldn't like to share with google even if it's possible.

So I really need that crap named Dell Sync and Outlook tasks and notes applications...

I understand that you don't want to include this in your build. So I'll have to wait; sadly...

change your LCD Density to 160

Anyone else experiencing messed up OSD graphics in Gallery?

Check these out...

post-742612-1287251349_thumb.jpg

post-742612-1287251358_thumb.jpg

post-742612-1287251366_thumb.jpg

Also, all screenshots using 'Screenshot It' and 'Shootme' all turn out reddish?? I used 'screenshot' from the Market and it works great.

Guest popetodd

Great work Steve, only one problem: Your choice of non standard screen resolution in the build.prop file forces me to wipe and reinstall every time instead of just updating.

The 140p screen res in the build.prop causes ADW to crash after the upgrade.

If I wipe and then reinstall (and change the res to 160 before starting ADW again) it works fine, but then I have to do redo the APN's and that evil, long, convuluted WPA2 key I created.

change your LCD Density to 160

Yeah, I figured it was due to the LCD density change but some parts of the OSD are the correct height/thickness while others are taller/thicker. Makes me think that if half of it is right perhaps there is a way to fix the parts that are too tall/thick? This isn't a big issue by any stretch of the imagination and I can always go back to 160 but I tend to like the current density.

Thanks.

Great work Steve, only one problem: Your choice of non standard screen resolution in the build.prop file forces me to wipe and reinstall every time instead of just updating.

The 140p screen res in the build.prop causes ADW to crash after the upgrade.

If I wipe and then reinstall (and change the res to 160 before starting ADW again) it works fine, but then I have to do redo the APN's and that evil, long, convuluted WPA2 key I created.

I only had to 'factory reset' the after the first install of 1.0 due to getting stuck at the Dell logo. I never experienced any issues that you list once I got in, including a re-install of the updated 1.0. In fact after the re-install all my data and settings remained intact.

Guest popetodd
I only had to 'factory reset' the after the first install of 1.0 due to getting stuck at the Dell logo. I never experienced any issues that you list once I got in, including a re-install of the updated 1.0. In fact after the re-install all my data and settings remained intact.

Not for me, it kept the settings and the WiFi and other networks came up but ADW wouldn't start.

Had a similar issue with v3 alpha after restore from backup, changing the build.prop resolution to 160 fixed it if I did it before I restored.

No such luck with this one though, it's immediate so I have to wipe it to do the same thing.

Just a bug report for Steve, I'll be just restoring my apps and leaving the res at his default then making a backup.

I'll report back if it does it again on the next update after I've restored my screens manually.

Edited by popetodd

Guest outsidah

Steve - once again thanks for all the hard work you are putting in daily in getting these builds going. Great job and many thanks!

I still continue to have the issue where my call waiting does not work and I do not get notified that a call is incoming. I know someone else on here was having the same issue.... is anyone else having this? I find it so strange that this would only be happening to me and someone else.

I am located in the US and loaded 2.2 on a Dell US model Streak.

thanks to anyone who can shed some light! (And yes, I have my call waiting on)

I have an observation to share. Despite the 5x processing boost that comes with froyo, the touch responsiveness remains far inferior to the iphone. Those with the fanboi lockdown-slabs will know what I mean. For example, scrolling with the finger on the browser is *immediate* on the iphone - even the slower models, so you know Apple have put in particular effort in this area - and it makes all the difference. You can see the effect very clearly on Fruit Ninja too, for example, there is very noticeable lag on the android version compared to that on the iphone.

This issue isn't so much for the modding community - I suspect that something this fundamental could only be addressed by the OS build itself. Worth mentioning though, because given the raw power of the Streak there's no reason other than software why we can't put the Jobs drones to shame!

Here's hoping anyway,

Rai

Guest simpl3lang
I have an observation to share. Despite the 5x processing boost that comes with froyo, the touch responsiveness remains far inferior to the iphone. Those with the fanboi lockdown-slabs will know what I mean. For example, scrolling with the finger on the browser is *immediate* on the iphone - even the slower models, so you know Apple have put in particular effort in this area - and it makes all the difference. You can see the effect very clearly on Fruit Ninja too, for example, there is very noticeable lag on the android version compared to that on the iphone.

This issue isn't so much for the modding community - I suspect that something this fundamental could only be addressed by the OS build itself. Worth mentioning though, because given the raw power of the Streak there's no reason other than software why we can't put the Jobs drones to shame!

Here's hoping anyway,

Rai

i have no problems with fruit ninja. flawless. i been an iphone owner since first day the iphone 2g came out. water damaged my 3gs and decided to get the streak instead. had my regrets at 1.6 and 2.1. but now with steves froyo. regrets gone. its like having my 3gs back but a lil better. maybe the iphone 4 outclasses it but im loving my streak right now. again all thanks to stephen hyde and all who contributed

Experiencing issues with Market when I download apps. The 'Currently Downloading' section appears and it downloads to 100% and just sits there and won't install. I cancel, re-download and the same thing happens and so far it doesn't matter what I download. Eventually I can get it to work but it usually requires a reboot. Never had this problem with 0.3 or even before that.

Strange.

Experiencing issues with Market when I download apps. The 'Currently Downloading' section appears and it downloads to 100% and just sits there and won't install. I cancel, re-download and the same thing happens and so far it doesn't matter what I download. Eventually I can get it to work but it usually requires a reboot. Never had this problem with 0.3 or even before that.

Strange.

If you look in the download directory on the sd card you will find one or more incomplete or stalled downloads in there - delete it/them .

then to application>market then force close and delete data, it will all work properly then.

its nothing to do with the build, but it can happen in the update process.

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

Just a quick update to say just how much I'm enjoying my Streak running Steve's Froyo build and that it hasn't taken me long to get used to the new size icons and so far everything i have installed just works fine including Swype as I'm lucky to be part of the official Beta so could just download it straight to my Streak by signing into my account. It and everything else really is running very smoothly and i like the new look to and performance wise coming from 1.6 it really is very impressive indeed this proves just how great the Streak is and even with the Desire HD arriving soon i still wouldn't swap my Streak for anything else. Once more a big thanks to Steve for all his great work and everyone else that has helped putting the guides together and helping to try and sort our peoples problems its great to see such a good community spirit for and from us Streak owners.

Marc

Guest flamingsamurai

Camera is not working on my v1, it says cannot connect to camera on opening of the camera app (and the physical button does not launch anything)

Guest Warpedflash
Camera is not working on my v1, it says cannot connect to camera on opening of the camera app (and the physical button does not launch anything)

Make sure you have the latest version. DJ_Steve updated the version a while ago as the first v1 had a mistake in the build.prop that stopped the camera from working.

Guest JaysFreaky

Flashed to Release V1 and I was still having problems with wifi and auto-rotation.

Flashed back down to AT&T 1.6 then to O2 2.1 and now back to Release V1 of 2.2 and I have auto-rotate working again, but I'm still getting errors turning wifi on. Just to make sure it wasn't hardware, I tried out in both 1.6 AND 2.1 and they both connected to my WPA protected network instantly.

Is anyone else getting errors turning on wifi or is it just me? :)

EDIT: Oh, and just an FYI, wifi worked in the manual update to 2.2, but not with the update.zips.

Edited by JaysFreaky

Guest feanaro

I just updated straight from the Steve's Beta 3 to V1.

I just factory reset first and was up and running about 4 minutes later.

Took me longer to get all my apps setup correctly and fix my widgets.

Great job Steve, this release flies.

Donation on the way

Guest popetodd

Found the issue I was having, the 140 resolution causes the ADW.BuF theme to crash bringing ADW down with it.

Bummer, I liked the new resolution but I like the theme better.

Might be other themes out there doing the same thing so make sure you have a copy of build.prop modified for 160 resolution on your sdcard just in case.

Speaking of that, can someone post a copy of the build.prop so I can modify it for 160 and adb push it, I really don't want to reinstall everything and reconfigure the networks for a 5th time this evening.

If you look in the download directory on the sd card you will find one or more incomplete or stalled downloads in there - delete it/them .

then to application>market then force close and delete data, it will all work properly then.

its nothing to do with the build, but it can happen in the update process.

Thanks for the info.

Guest User Error
Found the issue I was having, the 140 resolution causes the ADW.BuF theme to crash bringing ADW down with it.

Bummer, I liked the new resolution but I like the theme better.

Might be other themes out there doing the same thing so make sure you have a copy of build.prop modified for 160 resolution on your sdcard just in case.

Speaking of that, can someone post a copy of the build.prop so I can modify it for 160 and adb push it, I really don't want to reinstall everything and reconfigure the networks for a 5th time this evening.

Use root explorer and edit it in the text editor. Its pretty easy, that's what I did.

The stock music player is not working right. Every time I pause I get error message "the file is not supported". Any solutions?

Thanks.

Don't pause ? :)

sorry couldn't resist..

Yep, known bug.

Edited by navrac

Guest popetodd
Use root explorer and edit it in the text editor. Its pretty easy, that's what I did.

Yeah, that would be the solution I would use if the interface were accessible and not crashing as soon as it started.

Since I have no way of getting to the programs installed without changing the resolution I need a copy of the build.prop so I can push it.