DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest lbj23numb1
The stock music player is not working right. Every time I pause I get error message "the file is not supported". Any solutions?

Thanks.

I'm using the music player from the nexus cm6 and it works fine plus u get extra Widgets...they don't work very well in landscape tho but the app runs fine

Guest amacrobie
I'm stuck at the dell logo as well. Do I do a Dell factory reset or a Koush factory reset? Thanks

Mine was too, but factory reset THEN apply the upgrade (coming from 2.2 beta 2) and it worked fine.

I have an observation to share. Despite the 5x processing boost that comes with froyo, the touch responsiveness remains far inferior to the iphone. Those with the fanboi lockdown-slabs will know what I mean. For example, scrolling with the finger on the browser is *immediate* on the iphone - even the slower models, so you know Apple have put in particular effort in this area - and it makes all the difference. You can see the effect very clearly on Fruit Ninja too, for example, there is very noticeable lag on the android version compared to that on the iphone.

This issue isn't so much for the modding community - I suspect that something this fundamental could only be addressed by the OS build itself. Worth mentioning though, because given the raw power of the Streak there's no reason other than software why we can't put the Jobs drones to shame!

Here's hoping anyway,

Rai

Could you check something for me? Very slowly bring down the notification bar. Does it move smoothly, one pixel at a time, or does it 'jump' 4-5 pixels at a time?

Guest rabydanimal
I'm stuck at the dell logo as well. Do I do a Dell factory reset or a Koush factory reset? Thanks

I have the same problem. I flashed from a stock 2.1 image. I tried a data erase before, after and both before and after. No dice. Help!

It's worth noting beta 3 worked fine (aside from the GPS being broken).

Guest flapheadx
The stock music player is not working right. Every time I pause I get error message "the file is not supported". Any solutions?

Thanks.

Same here. Never had that issue with Foryo beta v2 or v3...

Guest User Error
Yeah, that would be the solution I would use if the interface were accessible and not crashing as soon as it started.

Since I have no way of getting to the programs installed without changing the resolution I need a copy of the build.prop so I can push it.

Ah ok sorry didn't realize that was the issue.

Guest Dogmann55

Hi gilrad

Mine is smooth as silk no jumps or stutters just moves down nice and smoothly.

@ those with Music player issues

I also had this problem with the Music player and it didn't look that good either IMO so i just installed one of the many Music players from the Market that also have nice widgets having heard good reports about Lithium Player i went with that one and it works perfectly i can even control it from my Nokia BH-500 Stereo headset control.

@those stuck on Dell logo

I also had this problem where it would boot to the the Dell Logo and then the Dell animated logo and just stay there doing nothing none of the buttons worked either but doing two factory resets fixed it for me and it booted fine after that hope it works for you.

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55

Guest rabydanimal
@those stuck on Dell logo

I also had this problem where it would boot to the the Dell Logo and then the Dell animated logo and just stay there doing nothing none of the buttons worked either but doing two factory resets fixed it for me and it booted fine after that hope it works for you.

Marc

Unfortunately I'm still stuck at the boot logo. The animated logo goes by twice after a fresh flash/data erase but then it just hangs indefinitely, no matter how many factory resets I do. :)

Thanks for the help thus far and your work on the ROM Steve!

Edited by rabydanimal

Guest dairymasta

Had quite a bit of trouble trying to get this on my streak, trouble installing clockwork and fastboot, then had the crashing dell logo. Just did factory restore and all works fine.

Amazing work I have to say! Although not really that big a fan of the red text with the notifications and stuff...thought I'd mention I've had my phone reboot itself when trying to set up wifi tethering, as well as errors when trying to do that.

Also had it get stuck in orientation until I reboot.....and had it reboot another time but I don't remember what happened to force it.

Otherwise, amazing work!!

Guest Dogmann55

@mvnk

I have no idea why you have posted that quote or even what its meant to mean as i certainly didn't post that at the time the quote claims i did care to explain what you posted it for and what it is meant to mean and it seems like a hell of a strange first post to?

@rabydanimal

Sorry that didn't help you and whilst i may of given some helpful advice or not i can only wish i had the skills to of worked on the Rom unlike Steve and a few others here but i certainly can't take any credit for the Rom though that's for sure.

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55

Unfortunately I'm still stuck at the boot logo. The animated logo goes by twice after a fresh flash/data erase but then it just hangs indefinitely, no matter how many factory resets I do. :)

Thanks for the help thus far and your work on the ROM!

Are you able to roll back to 2.1 version 6941? Then go 2.2 beta2 then V1.

Guest jnovello

I don't know if you guys notice, but the logo stays up for a few minutes and then slightly flashes and remains for another two or so. I was patient enough to let it run its coarse, but maybe it was just my experience. I was on v.2 with Kcr 2.5, flashed 8105 recovery stock, flashed Kcr 2.5 alt, cleared cache and factory reset, used the update.pkg. As for the media player, it also did that in v.2. Just hit the back arrow and it restarts.

Edited by jnovello

Guest strvmarv

Ok, if you're still having problems with Market (apps missing, etc) after installing V1 follow Steve's instructions on the first post:

1) Settings

2) Applications

3) Manage Applications

4) Market

5) Clear All Data

Worked flawlessly for me...Tasker and Google Maps updates were missing under my downloads before and now display.

I rebooted after the clear btw, whether it matters or not.

Thanks again Steve, this is the phone/ROM I've been looking for...makes the money worth spent...I'll send some your way when I can manage...

Guest rabydanimal
Are you able to roll back to 2.1 version 6941? Then go 2.2 beta2 then V1.

Unfortunately I don't think I have the beta 2.2 files any more. I can always roll back to 2.1 by applying the stock 2.1 pkg file with the associated stock 2.1 recovery.

I don't know if you guys notice, but the logo stays up for a few minutes and then slightly flashes and remains for another two or so. I was patient enough to let it run its coarse, but maybe it was just my experience. I was on v.2 with Kcr 2.5, flashed 8105 recovery stock, flashed Kcr 2.5 alt, cleared cache and factory reset, used the update.pkg. As for the media player, it also did that in v.2. Just hit the back arrow and it restarts.

I have given my Streak several hours to boot after the initial 2.2 v1 from 2.1 stock flash (after a factory reset). No go...

Unfortunately I don't think I have the beta 2.2 files any more. I can always roll back to 2.1 by applying the stock 2.1 pkg file with the associated stock 2.1 recovery..

I still have it...unfortunately I cant upload more than 4.88 MB. Im sure someone can post it here. Perhaps someone has it mirrored somewhere. Can anyone link Beta version 2 or 3?

Chrome to Phone app works now with this version. WOOT!

Camera and Viideo works fine.

Gallery works fine.

Unfortunately hotspot still no go and GPS is not instant like before but it works.

Otherwise, this is definitely worthy of a Release V1... Heck any of the betas were good enough for me too.

Guest User Error

Just have to say, after using the new 1.0 build today I'm very impressed. Steve has done an incredible job. I can't believe how quick my streak is now. Superb work. I will be donating soon DJ Steve(DJ of what then, eh?). Can't wait to see what you have in store for the cyanogenmod version.

Just have to say, after using the new 1.0 build today I'm very impressed. Steve has done an incredible job. I can't believe how quick my streak is now. Superb work. I will be donating soon DJ Steve(DJ of what then, eh?). Can't wait to see what you have in store for the cyanogenmod version.

+1 on Cyanogen Mod

Guest nochancenine
Chrome to Phone app works now with this version. WOOT!

Camera and Viideo works fine.

Gallery works fine.

Unfortunately hotspot still no go and GPS is not instant like before but it works.

Otherwise, this is definitely worthy of a Release V1... Heck any of the betas were good enough for me too.

Does the option to "Use front-facing camera" work as well?

Guest Lettre531

After using the new 1.0 build today I'm very impressed. I still have a little problem with the camera but i think it'll be solved.

Donate was done :).

Thanks very much for ur great work! Keeping make us happy :).